What's new

Really pleased with Meezan Bank

Sir, I visited Pakistan in July-Aug 2017 but didn't see it.. But I mean I wasn't looking for it but whenever I need to withdraw some cash from ATM I used standard chartered and there were one or two more banks.
It may be only in certain cities.

If you only saw SCB ATM then your knowledge about Pakistani banks is low because SCB is tiny bank in Pakistan ant have few branches too.

Al Falah Yes.... Others I don't but I guess the biggest is HBL.

Al Falah's ATM accepted my credit cards. By the way, my Visa credit card worked on ATMs in Pakistan but MasterCard did not.

Contact concerned officials it may need activation.

If you only saw SCB ATM then your knowledge about Pakistani banks is low because SCB is tiny bank in Pakistan ant have few branches too.
Well my bank cards only worked at a few ATMs and SCB was one of them.

Contact concerned officials it may need activation.
It works elsewhere except in Pakistan. I bought a lot of cheap stuff from Qatar on my way back home.

Well there is nothing is sharia against online banking!
Cheque are soo 1400 years old...but i am waiting to hear a fatwa that cheques are sunnah!
Is that you joking or you trying to be insulting?

Al Falah Yes.... Others I don't but I guess the biggest is HBL.

Al Falah's ATM accepted my credit cards. By the way, my Visa credit card worked on ATMs in Pakistan but MasterCard did not.
biggest is probably National Bank of Pak.

Any better things between Askari Bank, Silk Bank, Charted bank & Meezan Bank?

Now people will open thread by getting cheque books what a stupid idea to do se we pleased everyday with someone what does it mean

Well my bank cards only worked at a few ATMs and SCB was one of them.

It works elsewhere except in Pakistan. I bought a lot of cheap stuff from Qatar on my way back home.

Master is expending in Pakistan now, many banks have gone to Master card for ATM and Credit Card services although they have Visa card services already available with them so you should not have issue in Pakistan.

Sir, I visited Pakistan in July-Aug 2017 but didn't see it.. But I mean I wasn't looking for it but whenever I need to withdraw some cash from ATM I used standard chartered and there were one or two more banks.
It may be only in certain cities.
lol, standarad chatered is worse bank i have seen, and they have very limited branches

I have always banked at HBL because there where my entire family keeps their accounts and a lot of family members work as well. So experiences with HBL is what formed my entire evaluation about Pakistani banks..then I heard a few good recommendations about Meezan bank and the branch was right next to me in the neighborhood. So I decidied to give it a try by opening dollar saving account.

It took only $100 USD initial deposit and two working days to activate the account and issue the cheque book. I applied on Wednesday, signed a few forms, finger printed, KYC interview and today received my cheque book. So far so good...thinking to move my PKR checking account to Meezan as well..
MCB is also a good bank plus money transfer from saudia only takes 1 working day.

lol, standarad chatered is worse bank i have seen, and they have very limited branches

They are only catering to high end clients and corporate needing international services.

MCB is also a good bank plus money transfer from saudia only takes 1 working day.

With Rajhi to HBL it used to take 1-2 hours only..HBL was likely washing laundered funds in the guise of home remittance..

Sorry my experience was different. Sir, I mostly stay in Islamabad (so SCB ATMs in F6, F7, and G5 are the ones I use mostly) and Multan; and SCB has ATMs in both cities. Furthermore, I just use ATMs only...I have an account in it too but I don't use it that much.

Back
Top Bottom