ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Reaction: CIA’s fake drive hurt polio battle, says FO
By Our Correspondent
Published: May 9, 2014

ISLAMABAD:
Pakistan on Thursday said the fake vaccination campaign conducted by United States’ Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) ahead of the secret raid on Osama bin Laden’s Abbottabad compound in 2011 was one of the major reasons behind the rising number of polio cases in the country.

“Dr Shakil Afridi’s fake campaign has created doubts about vaccination drives among people,” Foreign Office Spokesperson Tasnim Aslam told reporters at her weekly news briefing on Thursday. “A fake campaign of vaccination was conducted in Pakistan in which the UN agencies were also used.”

Her remarks came in response to the recent international travel restrictions imposed on Pakistan by the World Health Organization (WHO) for the country’s failure to completely eradicate the polio virus.

“These are not restrictions. These are recommendations. They are called IHR regulations. This issue has been under discussion between Pakistan and WHO since 2012,” Tasnim insisted responding to the measure announced by the public health arm of the United Nations.

Pakistan is only one of three countries where the polio virus remains endemic. According to the WHO, 59 cases of polio have been reported so far in the country this year alone.

Majority of these cases have been found in the tribal areas, where the military is fighting militancy.

Published in The Express Tribune, May 9th, 2014.

lame excuses in fact jahil mullahs were opposing it assazish since early 90s even now deobandi madrasas speeching against polleo vaccine openly and saying its yahoodi ameeki sazish they want to make our next generation Neutering ۔

This is nothing but the failure of Government of Pakistan. They have failed to protect polio workers, they have backed off and surrendered to terrorists. Pakistani civilians have been left at the mercy of Taliban and other similar militant groups.

Today Pakistan is filled with fake NGOs who are originally working for secret agencies & their purpose is to spread terror & chaos in Pakistan.

I sometime wonder why most of the polio cases in KPK and specially in tribal areas. was polio virus spread first so that NGOs can have free access to entire area. just a food for thought

I sometime wonder why most of the polio cases in KPK and specially in tribal areas. was polio virus spread first so that NGOs can have free access to entire area. just a food for thought

No thanks. Pleaase dont think along those lines.

What made CIA to drive a fake polio campaign in your country at first place? blame yourselves not CIA for felling short to eradicate polio in Pakistan.

Statements like this will merely expose the foolishness that rules Pakistan's Foreign Office. If Pakistan is looking for any help or even sympathy, it will not get any by making such statements. The real causes are ignorance and chronic under funding of health services such as immunization. CIA has nothing to do with either, only Pakistan.

What made CIA to drive a fake polio campaign in your country at first place? blame yourselves not CIA for felling short to eradicate polio in Pakistan.

What made all in mess in your country.. blame it on yourself .. noton Pakistan..

BTW do you guys have vaccination campaigns in your country. Just wondering how come we see cases reported only on our side. Its been decades and polio vaccination campaigns never stopped for once under different GOVTs in Pakistan.

What made all in mess in your country.. blame it on yourself .. noton Pakistan..

I don't give the blame of our mistakes to anyone but you know what CIA was after and what they achieved in return by driving a fake polio campaign. Accept the fact that GoP has fell short to implement the polio eradication initiative in Pakistan.

I don't give the blame of our mistakes to anyone but you know what CIA was after and what they achieved in return by driving a fake polio campaign. Accept the fact that GoP has fell short to implement the polio eradication initiative in Pakistan.

More like fake polio campagin by CIA .. made matter worst... terrorists n fundos attacking vaccinators,med teams etc..

BTW do you guys have vaccination campaigns in your country. Just wondering how come we see cases reported only on our side. Its been decades and polio vaccination campaigns never stopped for once under different GOVTs in Pakistan.

Yeah we have last week it ended I guess, and cases are very few now that's why WHO designated Peshawar city the main source of polio virus in Afghanistan's eastern provinces.

WHO declares Peshawar the hub of polio virus

More like fake polio campagin by CIA .. made matter worst... terrorists n fundos attacking vaccinators,med teams etc..

Yeah it is so, I am not giving a score point to CIA but I am saying why always Pakistani establishment hurts it's own people for the sake of it's own interests like (hiding) / not knowing about the presence of OBL in Pakistan which made the CIA to find it out without letting know the Pakistani establishment due to the distrust it had on them.

Back
Top Bottom