Rafale clears Meteor safe separation test

IND151

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
GetAsset.aspx

GetAsset.aspx

France’s CEV flight test centre has completed two successful releases of the MBDA Meteor beyond-visual-range air-to-air missile from a Dassault Rafale, moving the nation a step closer to fielding the weapon.

It is a positive news for Indian air force since Meteor has been offered with India’s purchase of Rafales from France , and it is likely that Meteor will also be Integrated with India’s Sukhoi-30MKI , when this aircrafts are due for Mid Life Upgrades (MLU) near 2015 .

Rafale clears Meteor safe separation test | idrw.org

So SU 30 MKI may get Meteor in 2015

very good news

or the article is referring to Super MKIs?

GetAsset.aspx

GetAsset.aspx

France’s CEV flight test centre has completed two successful releases of the MBDA Meteor beyond-visual-range air-to-air missile from a Dassault Rafale, moving the nation a step closer to fielding the weapon.

It is a positive news for Indian air force since Meteor has been offered with India’s purchase of Rafales from France , and it is likely that Meteor will also be Integrated with India’s Sukhoi-30MKI , when this aircrafts are due for Mid Life Upgrades (MLU) near 2015 .

Rafale clears Meteor safe separation test | idrw.org

I wish that PAF has done some MoU with French on buying about 500-700 of these like Aim-120C5s.

I just saw it price on wiki. And it's GBP 1 million. what a expensive ****.

No they don't, Meteor will just finish the development by then and Russia won't integrate it to their radars anyway. Besides, IAF wants Astra to replace Russian missiles on Su 30s and Mig 29s in the long term.

I just saw it price on wiki. And it's GBP 1 million. what a expensive ****.
Yes most cutting edge weapons today cost a bomb (no pun intended) but then they do deliver in performance. IIRC the Bhramos costs ~$3MN USD a piece. And if you consider this $1MN USD missile will be shooting down a $20-50MN plus fighter then it is value for money.

very good news

or the article is referring to Super MKIs?

The Super MKI UPG has been confusing us for a while now. But the way I see it and a few others I have spoken to from he defence world is that around 40-100 MKIs (this includes the latest batch of MKIs being built right now) will be given the "deep upgrade" which includes structural modifications that allows the MKI to launch Bhramos and will also have avionics upgrades just include AESA radar, new MWR, new decoy systems etc. And the remaining MKIs will get the exact same upgrades minus the structural modifications. Now the question arises will the MKIs that have not had structural upgrades be able to fire the Bhramos? Because it has been stated the upgraded MKIs who have had the structural modifications will be able to fire 3 Bhramos but those that haven't
Will be able to fire one from the centreline. Now this I am unsure of. Additionally all the MKIs will get a new weapons package that may include the Meteor but that has to be worked out by the IAF, HAL and to some extent the Russians.

Yes most cutting edge weapons today cost a bomb (no pun intended) but then they do deliver in performance. IIRC the Bhramos costs ~$3MN USD a piece. And if you consider this $1MN USD missile will be shooting down a $20-50MN plus fighter then it is value for money.

The Super MKI UPG has been confusing us for a while now. But the way I see it and a few others I have spoken to from he defence world is that around 40-100 MKIs (this includes the latest batch of MKIs being built right now) will be given the "deep upgrade" which includes structural modifications that allows the MKI to launch Bhramos and will also have avionics upgrades just include AESA radar, new MWR, new decoy systems etc. And the remaining MKIs will get the exact same upgrades minus the structural modifications. Now the question arises will the MKIs that have not had structural upgrades be able to fire the Bhramos? Because it has been stated the upgraded MKIs who have had the structural modifications will be able to fire 3 Bhramos but those that haven't
Will be able to fire one from the centreline. Now this I am unsure of. Additionally all the MKIs will get a new weapons package that may include the Meteor but that has to be worked out by the IAF, HAL and to some extent the Russians.

sounds logical.

what about rcs reduction ?

is there ram coating in current mki's ?

Any further improvements on rcs ? by improved ram coating ?

An RFP is to be issued soon for options to integrate mki with meteor and hammer.

This I don't know by I'd assume the design had either been frozen or was very close to it as the work has to be started soon and deliveres are expected in 2014 to the IAF.

since the russians are designing it with indian inputs i guess super MKI will be get ready soon ! maybe a prototype can be designed!!

Back
Top Bottom