What's new

Radical Clerics are radical hypocrites too

somebozo

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Spring 2005-Early 2007: Radical London Imam Bakri Admits He Has Been Informant for British Intelligence
“A few months” before the 7/7 London bombings (see July 7, 2005), journalist Ron Suskind interviews radical London imam Sheikh Omar Bakri Mohammed. Suskind had recently heard from a British intelligence official that Bakri “had helped [British domestic intelligence agency] MI5 on several of its investigations,” in Suskind’s words, and he asks Bakri about this. According to Suskind, Bakri looks flustered and says, “I’m upset you know this.” Asked why he helped the British, he replies: “Because I like it here. My family’s here. I like the health benefits.” In early 2007, Suskind calls Bakri on the phone. After the 7/7 bombings, Bakri moved from London to Lebanon (see August 6, 2005), but by the time Suskind reaches him, Bakri has moved again to Tripoli, Libya. Bakri admits that he misses Britain and his role there. He says that the British government misses him too, “whether they admit it or not.” He adds: “We were able to control the Muslim youth.… The radical preacher that allows a venting of a point of view is preventing violence. Now, many of us are gone or in jail, and we’ve been replaced by radical jihadis, who take the youth underground. You don’t see them until the day they vent with the bombs.” Suskind will later comment: “Bakri enjoyed his notoriety and was willing to pay for it with information he passed to the police.… It’s a fabric of subtle interlocking needs: the [British authorities] need be in a backchannel conversation with someone working the steam valve of Muslim anger; Bakri needs health insurance.” Bakri’s role as an informant will not be made public until Suskind mentions it in a book published in August 2008. Suskind will not make clear when Bakri’s collaboration with MI5 began or ended, or even if he was still collaborating when they spoke in early 2005. [SUSKIND, 2008, PP. 200-202] In 2002, Roland Jacquard, a French counterterrorism expert and government adviser, said that “every al-Qaeda operative recently arrested or identified in Europe had come into contact with Bakri at some time or other.” [TIME, 5/27/2002]

Source:
The Way of the World: A Story of Truth and Hope in an Age of Extremism: Ron Suskind: 9780061430626: Amazon.com: Books

CNN.com - Al-Qaeda now - May 27, 2002

The Qur'an harshly condemns "clerics" for a reason and calls them hypocrites. This of course doesn't mean that there are no moral or honest clerics, bu it's a miracle that there are such verses in the Qur'an.

I regard all clerics as suspicious whose life revolve around religion for a simple reason - religion cannot put food on your table.

Why not Global Fiqh Council proposed by Imam Kalu miah? Is that not an answer to these rogue clerics?

Why not Global Fiqh Council proposed by Imam Kalu miah? Is that not an answer to these rogue clerics?

So we can take cleric hypocrisy on a grand slam global scale? No thanks....all clerics need to be sent to gallows ASAP!

The Qur'an harshly condemns "clerics" for a reason and calls them hypocrites. This of course doesn't mean that there are no moral or honest clerics, bu it's a miracle that there are such verses in the Qur'an.

Good point - but let us be clear about one thing. There is no clergy in Islam, hence the word "cleric" is a misnomer. It is easy in today's mass-media influenced world to interpret Islam from a non-Islamic angle, and one has to be careful with this.

Islam has its own classifications for the "ulema" ("the learned ones"): Mufti, Hafiz, Hujja, Hakim, Imam, Qadi, Faqih, Muhaddith, etc.

On-topic: The sold-out ulemas, whether they are rubber-stamping the decrees of governments in nominally Muslim lands, or secretly working in the services of governments in non-Muslim lands, fit the Qur'anic definition of hypocrisy perfectly, as you stated above.

"all clerics need to be sent to the gallows"????????????

That is one of the mosy daftest neo liberal B.S i have heard

everyone should take the responsibility to learn the quraan and basics of islam so we know the truth so if anyone tells us a mistruth we csn challenge them, but we also need good imams and clerics to commit to learn our faith so they can pass on their knowledge

it then falls on us to make sure that info is true in the quraan

"all clerics need to be sent to the gallows"????????????

That is one of the mosy daftest neo liberal B.S i have heard

everyone should take the responsibility to learn the quraan and basics of islam so we know the truth so if anyone tells us a mistruth we csn challenge them, but we also need good imams and clerics to commit to learn our faith so they can pass on their knowledge

it then falls on us to make sure that info is true in the quraan

Most clerics and imams don't know anything about the Qur'an, even the most "popular" and respected ones. They just repeat certain traditional understandings like a parrot without questioning and thinking whatsoever.

Most clerics and imams don't know anything about the Qur'an, even the most "popular" and respected ones. They just repeat certain traditional understandings like a parrot without questioning and thinking whatsoever.

We also need to scrutinize a number of opportunistic political mullahs who have forcibly become part of Islam and now their books are held higher than though after Quran and Sunnah!

These clerics have been one of the major factors even in perception. I am talking about perception of muslims. They call for such ridiculous laws and social systems that it creates a stereotype that affects muslims worldwide, even if they do not have such ideas themselves. I agree, these guys all need to be locked up....maybe thats extreme.....just ignore them and give them no credibility.

We also need to scrutinize a number of opportunistic political mullahs who have forcibly become part of Islam and now their books are held higher than though after Quran and Sunnah!

There are also many things they consider Sunnah, which have nothing to do with Sunnah and the Qur'an.

Back
Top Bottom