What's new

Quote-alert?

This, I must say is a brilliant suggestion. :tup:
The amount of times I've left a reply, forgotten about it and had tons of replies from other members many days old.

Request to mods to help dimwits like me.

this idea was presented by me when we were using old software of vbulletin and this was only possible with 4.x version of vbulletin

i have used that function on other forums and used to like it for the first few days but then it starts irritating you after you receive too many unnecessary notifications...

if the same old plugin exists it will only slow down the forum and start iiritating after few days but if improvement has been made in that plugin then may be we can give it a try...

i was about to say the same thing

This, I must say is a brilliant suggestion. :tup:
The amount of times I've left a reply, forgotten about it and had tons of replies from other members many days old.

Request to mods to help dimwits like me.

height of modesty

There is a my replies button on the top left of the screen.

But it gives reply to thread, not post.

make it an optional choice if it irritate some one.

I think it will slow down the speed of the forum. If this was a small forum may be this feature was fine but since we have thousands of members it will always be searching for queries for quoted posts and make the forum very slow in my opinion

After every post is made - it will search the member who was quoted in that particular post and this may create a lot of problems in future...

I thought about it and I've decided that it's a bad idea. I'm fed up with all the messages in my inbox being full as it is.

One could always go to the My Posts tab and see if there are any responses to recent posts, if so inclined.

May I suggest the Administrators implementing a notification system whereby we will receive a notification once someone quotes our post? Sometimes we receive replies to our posts but unknowingly ignore them. This problem would be solved.

The quote alert thingy has already been plugged-in to the PDF. All you need to do is check 'enable quote notification' under 'Additional Options' when making a reply if you want to receive quote alerts for a particular post.:angel:

8259838.png

^^^ Isn't that post specific rather than a global flag?

The quote alert thingy has already been plugged-in to the PDF. All you need to do is check 'enable quote notification' under 'Additional Options' when making a reply if you want to receive quote alerts for a particular post.:angel:

8259838.png

lol you are very tricky... You always make people fall on your trap. No such option exists, just clarifying for those who really fell in Friendly Troll's trap

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom