What's new

Quitting Gmail

Status
Not open for further replies.

conworldus

Reaction score
Chinese brothers:

It is pretty obvious now, that Google cooperates closely with the U.S intelligence agencies. The manner it quit the Chinese mainland and its absurd hacking accusation (mostly like conducted by the CIA) raises too many security questions. Know that Google keeps a permanent copy of almost everything and I suspect that the U.S government has access to it. Due to this grave security and privacy concern, I have disassociated myself with Gmail.

Gmail is f up they ask you to provide your cell phone number ? who the ...would give your cell phone number to open gmail so they can track every crap you do and ppl who you talk to ....

Gmail = pawns of uncle sam

useless company - I hope china makes a hotmail like competitor I would love to sign up with that company

Gmail is f up they ask you to provide your cell phone number ? who the ...would give your cell phone number to open gmail so they can track every crap you do and ppl who you talk to ....

useless company - I hope china makes a hotmail like competitor I would love to sign up with that company

Really? Cell phone number?

I have ~3 Gmail accounts, and I have never been asked for my cell phone number.

Are you sure it was Gmail by Google? And not another phising site?

And compete with Google? Worldwide?
Try.

You didn't put your real cell phone number did you? ;)

Chinese brothers:

It is pretty obvious now, that Google cooperates closely with the U.S intelligence agencies. The manner it quit the Chinese mainland and its absurd hacking accusation (mostly like conducted by the CIA) raises too many security questions. Know that Google keeps a permanent copy of almost everything and I suspect that the U.S government has access to it. Due to this grave security and privacy concern, I have disassociated myself with Gmail.

Is it the same reason, why Facebook & Twitter too are banned in China?

Google does keep a record of your ip and your searches for 18 months, if you are logged into gmail while doing your searches these data will be tagged to your account, just watched a cnbc interview about google few weeks ago, now I make an effort to log out my gmail as soon as I'm done before doing any google searches, just prefer they know as little about me as possible. But the problem is EVERY search engine does this :-( there's not much we can do about it...

Hehe, too much effort especially at work :-) as long as google doesn't know I'm personally searching for j-xx updates all the time then I'm happy enough!

Not sure about twitter cos I don't use it, but I use facebook to keep in touch with friends in china. Where did you hear the news that facebook is blocked?

so it is official now..

to get a gmail account
step 1- get a unique user id eg, manmohan1, manmohanrules, manmohan 123 etc

step2 - put a password
step 3- put manmohan singhs birth day if u dont have 1
step 4 give manmohans fone number if u dont have 1

and Bingo!

u now have a new gmail account.:cheers:

Have any of you ever heard of web bots ? They have the ability to track your IP and take a lot of information about you browsing habits etc. It is done by many websites and many service providers also mainly for marketing reasons. Ever clicked on a website and have popup come up that seems to interest you ? Well then there is a chance that the pop up was there specially for you and your interest. Google isnt doing anything illegal and cell phone numbers are not required to register for a Gmail account. The only reason China does not want Google is because it allows you to search the whole internet and the Chinese do not want their citizens to be reading anything about China from an external source. The bad mouthing of goggle is a pure example of communist censorship of free media. Such propaganda must be avoided and heavily discouraged.

Not sure about twitter cos I don't use it, but I use facebook to keep in touch with friends in china. Where did you hear the news that facebook is blocked?

I have friends from China and as per them FB is not blocked but heavily controlled, all links to outside websites as well as apps on FB are monitored by the Government. They haven’t yet found a way to control tweets or wall post but im sure something is on its way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom