What's new

Question about NSSG

pakomar

Reaction score
SALAM
join to SSGN must have at least two years of prior military experience and volunteer from other formations for three-year assignments with the SSGN.

What do it mean by “volunteer from other formations for three-year assignments with the SSGN ”?
Exlpain with detail.

well when u join SF, like SSG and SSG-N, the contract or tour of duty is for 3 years, which gets renewed (in simple terms) every three years unless an operator becomes unfit, voluntarily asks for re-positioning to regular formations, the assignment with SF comes to an end. Sometimes, an operator can go back to regular formation due to professional requirement and can come back to SF when need arises or an opening comes up.

As for formation, it means the different arms in navy, air force and army. In navy it would mean, submarine force, normal navy guys, marines, aviation or other support arms in navy.

Hope i was of some help.

Thank you for replying

Can I join SSG or SSGN directly as civilian or some other way with out going in to army or navy?

What is SF?

Can I as a civilians have these “the contract or tour of duty is for 3 years” and how?

Marines are part of navy I know that but I want to know they have the same procedure to join navy and then into marines or some other process?

SF can be used in the context of Security Forces or for Special Forces. I used as Special Forces for SSG, SSG-N & SSW.

Nops a civilian can not join SF before joining the regular armed forces.

when u cant join the SF as a civilian then there is no contract. :)

for marines, the procedure is same as getting into the navy, after the basic training, officers or sailors are sent to the assigned arms, where they get their specialized training.

sailor mean in navy as a soldier?
after basic training its our choice to join marines or navy's.

also let me know the age limit of navy .i m 23 any chance i getting in navy or any where. any way around i joining any forces at age 23.coming December i will be completing my 4 years BCS(hons)

well coast guard (maritime security agency previously) is not under the navy or army, they don't report to them, joining SSG is not possible as SSG is purely army related & as for SSG-N i dont think so as coast guard is an independent agency having an independent command hierarchy from the army & navy. But their officers are from army & navy.

Last edited:
Hello,

MSA is a directorate of Pakistan and is responsible for the EEZ. Both officers and men are seconded from PN to MSA. Coast guard is usually manned by army personnel and is only responsible for coastal dutities.

Marines are essentially Naval infantry (pls see following post defence.pk/forums/naval-forces/8028-pakistan-marines-3.html#post444898 ), whereas SSGN are special forces.

Everyone joins Pakistan Navy and only after a minimum of 3 years (although exceptios can be made) apply for SSGN. For Marines, applications can be made much earlier. Many men from the Marines also apply for SSGN. Most of those who then join the Marines or SSGN, opt to remain within their units. But obviously this is also dictated by the need to work within mainstream navy in order to train for career progression.

anyone wishing to join after obtaining their batchelors may wish to look into the career options, as until recently such individuals were only recruited for the education branch as instructors. Best to check to avoid any potentail disappointment.

Thanks,

Lindsy

anyone wishing to join after obtaining their batchelors may wish to look into the career options, as until recently such individuals were only recruited for the education branch as instructors. Best to check to avoid any potentail disappointment.

Did n t get this part?
I will be completing my bachelors in January 2010 at age of 23. Can I apply for as officer in Pakistan marines?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom