What's new

Quaid e Azam as seen by others

FOOLS_NIGHTMARE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Come the month of December and we, as a nation, begin preparations to celebrate the birthday of one of the greatest men in history. You all must have guessed who I am referring to. Yes, the founder of Pakistan who we refer to as the Father of the Nation: Quaid-i-Azam Mohammed Ali Jinnah.

It is not only us, Pakistanis, who acknowledge his hard work and shower praise on him. Eminent world leaders have spoken highly of him, not only during his life, but paid great tributes after his death too. He received tributes from everyone who met him or had some close dealing with him for his intelligence, courage, integrity and firm belief in truth.

US historian Stanley Wolpert, in his 1984 book Jinnah of Pakistan.
“Few individuals significantly alter the course of history. Fewer still modify the map of the world. Hardly anyone can be credited with creating a nation state. Muhammad Ali Jinnah did all three.”

John Biggs-Davison, a Conservative Member of Parliament in the UK .
“Although without Gandhi, Hindustan would still have gained independence and without Lenin and Mao, Russia and China would still have endured Communist revolution, without Jinnah there would have been no Pakistan in 1947.”

Mrs Vijay Lakshmi Pundit, Nehru’s sister .
“If the Muslim League had 100 Gandhis and 200 Azads and Congress had only one Jinnah, then India would not have been divided!”

Lord Mountbatten, the last viceroy of India.
“If it could be said that any single man held the future of India in his palm, that man is Mohammad Ali Jinnah. For all intents and purposes, Jinnah was the Muslim League and if the dream of Pakistan ever did come true, it could be Jinnah who brought it to life and fashioned it.”

Patrick Spens, the last Chief Justice of undivided India .
“The tallness of the man, the immaculate manner in which he turned out, the beauty of his features and the extreme courtesy with which he treated all; no one could have made a more favourable impression than he did. There is no man or woman living who imputes anything against his honour or his honesty. He was the most outright person that I know.”

British economist and editor, H.V. Hudson in his book The Great Divide .
“Not even his political enemies ever accused Jinnah of corruption or self seeking. He could be bought by no one, and for no price. Nor was he in the least degree weathercock, swinging in the wind of popularity or changing the times. He was a steadfast idealist as well as a man of scrupulous honour.”

South African President Nelson Mandela .
"He considered Jinnah as a constant source of inspiration for all those who are fighting against racial or group discrimination.”

US President Bill Clinton.
“I am here … as a committed friend who will stand with the people of Pakistan as long as you seek the stable, prosperous, democratic nation of your founder’s dreams. More than half a century ago, Mohammed Ali Jinnah, shared that vision as he addressed Pakistan’s constituent assembly. ‘If you work together,’ he said, ‘in a spirit that everyone of you is first, second and last a citizen with equal rights, privileges and obligations, there will be no end to the progress you will make.’ Pakistan can have a future worthy of the dreams of the Quaid-i-Azam. If you choose that future, the United States will walk with you. I hope you will make that choice. And I pray for our continued friendship, for peace, for Pakistan.”

This was how Quaid-i-Azam was praised by all, friends and foes alike. The best way to show our love and gratitude for him is to try to adopt some of his personality and character traits in our day to day life.

Success and respect are never given on a platter, one has to earn it. :pakistan: :pakistan:

Attachments

• 1608896684633.png
    1608896684633.png
    18.7 KB · Views: 40
Back
Top Bottom