What's new

Qatar and UAE leaders run into each other for first time since Gulf crisis ended in the winter olympics

Titanium100

Reaction score
Country
Denmark

Qatar and UAE leaders meet for first time since Gulf crisis ended​

Sheikh Tamim meets Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed on sidelines of lunch hosted by China’s Xi Jinping in Beijing.

Qatar’s emir met the de facto ruler of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) at the Beijing Winter Olympics in the first such interaction between the two Gulf leaders since a dispute between Doha and four Arab countries came to an end last year.

Emir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani met Abu Dhabi’s Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan on the sidelines of a lunch hosted by Chinese President Xi Jinping on Saturday, Qatar’s state news agency reported on Sunday.

UAE news websites published a video clip of the two Gulf leaders speaking.

The leaders of Uzbekistan, Ecuador and Tajikistan were also present at the gathering at the Great Hall of the People in Beijing, according to state broadcaster CCTV.

The UAE has yet to restore diplomatic ties with Doha since Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Bahrain and Egypt agreed in January 2021 to end a four-year dispute that had led them to cut diplomatic and economic relations with Qatar in mid-2017.

However, a senior UAE official held talks with Qatar’s leader in Doha last year – the first such visit in four years – after the bitter dispute ended. National Security Adviser Sheikh Tahnoun bin Zayed Al Nahyan, a brother of the UAE’s de facto ruler, met Sheikh Tamim in August.

Saudi Arabia and Egypt last year appointed ambassadors to Qatar. All but Bahrain have restored travel and trade links.

i am 184 cm tall , when i met shiekh mohammed once , he was a tad taller than me , so mashallah , i wonder how tall tamim is , 188 + ?

Qatar and UAE leaders meet for first time since Gulf crisis ended​

Sheikh Tamim meets Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed on sidelines of lunch hosted by China’s Xi Jinping in Beijing.

Qatar’s emir met the de facto ruler of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) at the Beijing Winter Olympics in the first such interaction between the two Gulf leaders since a dispute between Doha and four Arab countries came to an end last year.

Emir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani met Abu Dhabi’s Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan on the sidelines of a lunch hosted by Chinese President Xi Jinping on Saturday, Qatar’s state news agency reported on Sunday.

UAE news websites published a video clip of the two Gulf leaders speaking.

The leaders of Uzbekistan, Ecuador and Tajikistan were also present at the gathering at the Great Hall of the People in Beijing, according to state broadcaster CCTV.

The UAE has yet to restore diplomatic ties with Doha since Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Bahrain and Egypt agreed in January 2021 to end a four-year dispute that had led them to cut diplomatic and economic relations with Qatar in mid-2017.

However, a senior UAE official held talks with Qatar’s leader in Doha last year – the first such visit in four years – after the bitter dispute ended. National Security Adviser Sheikh Tahnoun bin Zayed Al Nahyan, a brother of the UAE’s de facto ruler, met Sheikh Tamim in August.

Saudi Arabia and Egypt last year appointed ambassadors to Qatar. All but Bahrain have restored travel and trade links.

I thought they were going to kiss lol

I thought they were going to kiss lol
i think you've spent too much time in the UK you forgot how things are done in this part of the world

unless this is a personal fantasy , then to each his own ;)

I thought they hated each other?

there is no such thing as hate and love in politics. you know that , right !

i think you've spent too much time in the UK you forgot how things are done in this part of the world

unless this is a personal fantasy , then to each his own ;)

there is no such thing as hate and love in politics. you know that , right !

It's a joke, take a chill pill.

If I had an ulterior motives, I can assure you you would know.

I wanted to say this too, but didn't think it would be appropriate 🤣

Definitely seemed to be sharing an intimate moment...

Why would it be inappropriate, they are not some religious leaders, and its not a direct personal attack. We take the piss out of our own leaders all the time, so it's not hypocrisy either.
So enjoy lol

On a serous note, I'm glad they have decided to move on, it was a silly fight.

Seems Qatari dude try run away , but UAE dude keep holding his arm... like... listen to me dude ...don't walk away ....lolzz.... Dynamic changing after Iran sanctions removed and Turkey role in Qatar.

alrighty then Mr.Peagle, if you say so

:rofl:

I sense a cynic, are you?

The rest of the world takes the piss out of their political leaders all the time, I told you it was a joke, accept it, it's the best way.

:rofl:

I sense a cynic, are you?

The rest of the world takes the piss out of their political leaders all the time, I told you it was a joke, accept it, it's the best way.

Is it acceptable if i pass on cracking jokes about our leaders ? you know , were a happy people and they do everything for us , so i would be a grade A a-hole if i did :P

Why would it be inappropriate, they are not some religious leaders, and its not a direct personal attack. We take the piss out of our own leaders all the time, so it's not hypocrisy either.
So enjoy lol

On a serous note, I'm glad they have decided to move on, it was a silly fight.
You should respect their country's rules and reg.. (lol). in GCC anyone who makes fun of a monarch ends up in jail or criticizes the policies of the King or whatever.... even on the internet.

Is it acceptable if i pass on cracking jokes about our leaders ? you know , were a happy people and they do everything for us , so i would be a grade A a-hole if i did :P
If you are happy being a slave, then that's you choice. Do not preach me or anyone else about it

A leader is not a God, he is human, nothing more. They do not do anything for you by spending your money on you. It is your land, any wealth that comes out of that land belongs to everyone so it's your money.
The only good they do is provide good quality leadership, for which they get the status and all the privileges, it does not mean you equate them as Godly figures.

They are your leaders not mine, so feel free to live in your servitude, and call yourself an a-hole or not as the case may be.

The rest of the world is free, and knows how to think, and how to differentiate between humans and divine beings. Your leaders are human, not divine.

If you view them as divine, then that's your business, but kindly keep that attitude in your country and within yourself, it is rude of you to preach such degrading mannerisms to the rest of the world.

If you are happy being a slave, then that's you choice. Do not preach me or anyone else about it

A leader is not a God, he is human, nothing more. They do not do anything for you by spending your money on you. It is your land, any wealth that comes out of that land belongs to everyone so it's your money.
The only good they do is provide good quality leadership, for which they get the status and all the privileges, it does not mean you equate them as Godly figures.

They are your leaders not mine, so feel free to live in your servitude, and call yourself an a-hole or not as the case may be.

The rest of the world is free, and knows how to think, and how to differentiate between humans and divine beings. Your leaders are human, not divine.

If you view them as divine, then that's your business, but kindly keep that attitude in your country and within yourself, it is rude of you to preach such degrading mannerisms to the rest of the world.

I am sunni , and muslim, so only Allah is my God.

also , what am i preaching to you exactly ? all i said i would rather not crack jokes at our leaders because i really like them.

take a chill pill ;)

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom