What's new

Putin Orders Approval of Draft Agreement on Annexation of Crimea

faisal6309

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Putin Orders Approval of Draft Agreement on Annexation of Crimea

MOSCOW--Russian President Vladimir Putin has ordered the approval of a draft agreement on Russia's annexation of the breakaway Ukrainian region of Crimea, according to an official Kremlin document.

The move, which comes shortly after Mr. Putin notified the Russian parliament of Crimea's request to become part of Russia, is another step in the process of annexation outlined under Russian law.

Mr. Putin is scheduled to address the Federal Assembly on Tuesday over the Crimea situation. On Monday he signed a decree recognizing Crimea's independence, thus allowing talks to begin on annexation.

Late Monday, the speaker of the upper House of parliament told state television the annexation process could be completed quickly, and on Tuesday Valentina Matvienko, the speaker of the upper house of parliament, said Crimea's annexation will be "debated rapidly" and "shouldn't take long."

The U.S. and Europe Monday imposed sanctions on top Russian officials, including Ms. Matvienko, in an effort to deter annexation, but the Kremlin so far has shown no sign of backing down.

Putin Orders Approval of Draft Agreement on Annexation of Crimea - WSJ.com

funny-picture-white-house-motto.jpg

West is huffing and puffing but in reality there is not a whole lot the US and the West can do about it. If the Crimeans want to be with Russia it is their right to choose.
Sure...Something like 98% and Russian troops were there to ensure no voter fraud. :lol:

Sure...Something like 98% and Russian troops were there to ensure no voter fraud. :lol:

Well, with due respect Sir, even by our own estimates ( US polls ), the majority of Crimeans are Pro-Russians ( either Ethnic Russians or Russian speakers ) so it is not hard to infer that most of them would want to be with Russia.

Well, with due respect Sir, even by our own estimates ( US polls ), the majority of Crimeans are Pro-Russians ( either Ethnic Russians or Russian speakers ) so it is not hard to infer that most of them would want to be with Russia.
Then let US find any large enclaves of US citizens in Mexico and use that to annex that part of Mexico. In response, the Mexican government can fight the US to annex large areas of US territory based upon the same argument. France could do the same for Quebec.

Crimea is under Ukrainian administration. If there are discontent among the population regarding loyalty, let the people inside the country settle it among themselves and hopefully, they do it peacefully and legally.

Then let US find any large enclaves of US citizens in Mexico and use that to annex that part of Mexico. In response, the Mexican government can fight the US to annex large areas of US territory based upon the same argument. France could do the same for Quebec.

Crimea is under Ukrainian administration. If there are discontent among the population regarding loyalty, let the people inside the country settle it among themselves and hopefully, they do it peacefully and legally.

What you stated here seems logical and I would accept that.

But then we cannot turn around and use the opposite point of view when it suits our Purpose.

Didn't we ( the US ) support the break up of South Sudan from Sudan, the break up of East Timor from Indonesia and break up of Kosovo from Serbia, under the principle of Self-Determination ?

In my books , that is considered Hypocrisy. You can't have it both ways i.e. opt for Self determination when we want and abandon the same principle when we don't.

Besides , Not too long ago all these countries were part of Soviet Union.

Not only that, but most of the Eastern Ukraine was actually part of Russia ( Historically).

I think it was the bumbling fool Khruschev who stupidly combined/annexed Russian areas with Ukraine.

Last edited:
Fantastic news!!!

Anytime the murderous Yankee fascists lose is a great day for humanity.

Go Russia you beauty!

This is a truly great day :yahoo:

I am glad to hear such a thing from an American but your bold role in color revolutions and long history of meddling in countries' internal affair by goal of regime change imply something else.

Last edited:
What you stated here seems logical and I would accept that.

But then we cannot turn around and use the opposite point of view when it suits our Purpose.

Didn't we ( the US ) support the break up of South Sudan from Sudan, the break up of East Timor from Indonesia and break up of Kosovo from Serbia, under the principle of Self-Determination ?

In my books , that is considered Hypocrisy. You can't have it both ways i.e. opt for Self determination when we want and abandon the same principle when we don't.

Besides , Not too long ago all these countries were part of Soviet Union.

Not only that, but most of the Eastern Ukraine was actually part of Russia ( Historically).

I think it was the bumbling fool Khruschev who stupidly combined/annexed Russian areas with Ukraine.
Moral support is not the same as sending troops.

I am glad to hear such a thing from an American but your bold role in color revolutions and long history of meddling in countries' internal affair by goal of regime change imply something else.

Exactly. US is sending weapons to an insurgency to overthrow a sovereign government in Syria, instead of "letting the people inside the country settle it among themselves". :rofl:

Moral support is not the same as sending troops.

Actually it is, when you fund opposition, create unrest and topple regimes even when elected by the people of that country (Iran ahem ahem).

Back
Top Bottom