What's new

Putin fires Russian defence minister

Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Russia's Vladimir Putin fires defence minister

Russian President Vladimir Putin has dismissed the country's defence minister after the ministry was caught up in a corruption scandal.

Anatoly Serdyukov has been replaced with a former emergencies minister and loyal ally, Sergei Shoigu.

The country's top investigative agency is investigating the sale of ministry assets at prices below market value.

Putin said he had relieved Mr Serdyukov of his duties to create "conditions for an objective investigation".
BBC News - Russia's Vladimir Putin fires defence minister

Looks like this time Putin spit on the face of Defense Minister.

It takes two hands to clap!

Looks like the money laundering/bribery has been involved from the foreign agencies.....:smokin:

This is the first time in Russia's history a Buddhist has been appointed at such a senior level.

Respect.

Although Serdyukov had started to grow on me.

He got rid of this idiotic defence minister which went to India and vomited crap like we won't arm Indias enemy bla bla bla ! He's fired !

Putin is reshaping Defense Ministry and Defense Industry, I believe no more of those "sell it to conventional customers". In order to expand the Market Russia will have to reach out to those it denied, otherwise will go down as it seems, China is already taking over.

He got rid of this idiotic defence minister which went to India and vomited crap like we won't arm Indias enemy bla bla bla ! He's fired !

I can understand your frustration...Do you think a defence minister has the capacity of his own to say something in a foreign country without any backing of Gov?? Dude....it might be happening in country like India and Pakistan.....Not in rest of the world..Get a life and donot troll around and change the topic in this thread...India and Pakistan are not so important enough for which Russia will fire its defence minister..

if you don't have anything sensible to post at least don't troll with immature posts, he was not fired for his statement but for other reasons

Back
Top Bottom