What's new

Purchasing Wakhan District

Should Pakisan purchase Wakhan from the Taliban?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
why buy or occupy when you can easily make a tunnel of 14km to 15km and bypass the Wakhan corridor? Afghanistan happy, China happy, and Pakistan Happy.
Very realistic option! Unfortunately, Keeping access roads to it open, year round will be another issue.

@krash Input please

what???!!! Where did you get that from? Pashtun are from what is now Pakistan? Hahaha you’re clearly not Pashtun nor have historical knowledge of the people.
I suggest you stop spreading bs if you don’t know what you’re talking about. Pashtuns never migrated to Afghanistan lol
I checked it out and yes you are correct,Pashtun are also autochthonous to southern Afghanistan and migrated to what is now Pakistani lands few centuries ago.

I checked it out and yes you are correct,Pashtun are also autochthonous to southern Afghanistan and migrated to what is now Pakistani lands few centuries ago.
No, you are wrong about our history, you studied the net, I know the genealogy, and the reason. Please don't post misinformed knowledge.

No, you are wrong about our history, you studied the net, I know the genealogy, and the reason. Please don't post misinformed knowledge.
Of course I went online, where else would I find the info? What genealogy are you talking about?

Very realistic option! Unfortunately, Keeping access roads to it open, year round will be another issue.

@krash Input please
This issue will still be a issue if we purchase or occupy, real example is Lori Tunnel.

Of course I went online, where else would I find the info? What genealogy are you talking about?

the one he pulled out of his hat… go read any history of Pashtun kingdoms or dynasty’s it’s all in Afghanistan except for the places Pashtuns conquered

ya genealogy… are you going to go back to Adam and Eve

the one he pulled out of his hat… go read any history of Pashtun kingdoms or dynasty’s it’s all in Afghanistan except for the places Pashtuns conquered

ya genealogy… are you going to go back to Adam and Eve
How many centuries did you go back?

Why limit it to Wakhan only?

Merger of Afghanistan with Pakistan is the right way to move forward.
Never. Let them live in Afghanistan and kill each other as always. We stay out of their never ending conflicts. Enough

There's no clear consensus on where we from. I mean for f**k's sake some people say we are descendants from Jews or something. Others say we are from Huns and some also say we came from Bactrians.

People are usually classified by their language and Pashtuns speak an Eastern Iranian language. This is an established fact, rest are theories. I do believe that Pashtuns have assimilated different relates neighbouring people into their midst, like Pashais, Chitralis, Nuristanis, Gujjars etc. Some theories make more sense others, the jewish origin theory has absolutely no historical, or scientific evidence whilst other theories like Scythian origin etc make more sense linguistically, historically and scientifically.

How many centuries did you go back?
Enough to read about their origins. If you mean to tell me they come from some Jewish or mythical individuals then no, I don’t believe in any of that. Pashtun are an eastern Iranian group like Tajik and from what I read , they are from the area and central asia’s iranic populations with perhaps some other influences. Given that they are pretty closed and don’t like foreigners, I would assume they kept their population pretty homogenous in contrast to Tajik who are more mixed with Turkic groups.

It’s difficult but not impossible for water security of country,if we want a regional power we must prove ourself.History taught us those who have courage they have land, Might is Wright for reference look at south to north water project of China

Amu origins from Pamir mountains north of Hindu Kush and flows north-west to Aral Sea.

@krash Input please

Most of us are just drawing lines on the map and expecting to run trucks over them. It's not just the 15km stretch that we would need to tunnel. Our side of the border is made of +7000 meter massifs. This was taken looking back at Pakistan while standing on Noshaq, which makes up the border. All this would need to be tunneled under.

1627305832735.png

Unlike the KKH, and as you rightly stated, most of the approach to get to this tunnel will be snowed shut for at least half of the year.

Then there's the other side of the Wakhan Corridor which has no roads, no infrastructure, nothing. All of it also receives massive amounts of snow and is high altitude mountainous terrain. The only road running through it (which would either take you North to Uzbekistan through Kyrgyzstan, or West to the rest of Tajikistan), the Pamir Highway, looks like this,

1627308306754.png

1627308378095.png

1627308464600.png

1627309090690.png

This stretch is longer than the length of the KKH on the Pakistani side. It also passes over the Ak-Baital Pass at 4600 meters which is shut, just like the Khunjerab Pass, for most of the year. Btw, this is what most of the "highways" in Central Asia look like, except the ones China plans to build. Even up on the Steppe.

If it's just about drawing lines on the map then the KKH passes around 5-10km from the Tajik-Chinese border. Better we connect it there.

1627311067781.png

1627310996131.png

You don't build trade routes through these sort of mountains unless that's the only option you have, à la the KKH. Certainly not if you don't have anything in your pockets.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom