What's new

Punjab to Provide Free Milk to School Children

313ghazi

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Friesland Campina Engro Pakistan Ltd (FCEPL) and the University of Education Punjab (UEP) in collaboration with the Punjab government have launched a ‘School Milk Program’ in the province.

In the first phase of the program, thousands of students in more than 90 schools in Attock and Sheikhupura districts will receive free milk worth Rs. 8.5 million for the next six months.

The program will be expanded to the schools in the remaining 34 districts in the second phase. It will also be launched in all colleges in the province after the completion of the second phase.

The School Milk Program was launched on Tuesday in an official ceremony that was held in Lahore. Minister of Higher Education Punjab, Raja Yasir Humayun Sarfraz, graced the event as chief guest.

Minister for Livestock, Sardar Hasnain Bahadar Dreshak, MD FCEPL, Ali Ahmed Khan, VC UEP, Prof. Dr, Talat Naseer Pasha, and prominent health experts attended the launch ceremony as well.

Addressing the launch ceremony, Punjab’s Higher Education Minister lamented that despite being a food secure country, a large number of children in Pakistan are underweight and suffer from malnutrition and stunted growth.

The Minister appreciated FCEPL and UEP for partnering with the Punjab government to ensure the provision of free milk to students in schools in the province.

==============

This is great news, I used to get free milk at school until Margaret Thatcher - "the milk snatcher", took it away.

Friesland Campina Engro Pakistan Ltd (FCEPL) and the University of Education Punjab (UEP) in collaboration with the Punjab government have launched a ‘School Milk Program’ in the province.

In the first phase of the program, thousands of students in more than 90 schools in Attock and Sheikhupura districts will receive free milk worth Rs. 8.5 million for the next six months.

The program will be expanded to the schools in the remaining 34 districts in the second phase. It will also be launched in all colleges in the province after the completion of the second phase.

The School Milk Program was launched on Tuesday in an official ceremony that was held in Lahore. Minister of Higher Education Punjab, Raja Yasir Humayun Sarfraz, graced the event as chief guest.

Minister for Livestock, Sardar Hasnain Bahadar Dreshak, MD FCEPL, Ali Ahmed Khan, VC UEP, Prof. Dr, Talat Naseer Pasha, and prominent health experts attended the launch ceremony as well.

Addressing the launch ceremony, Punjab’s Higher Education Minister lamented that despite being a food secure country, a large number of children in Pakistan are underweight and suffer from malnutrition and stunted growth.

The Minister appreciated FCEPL and UEP for partnering with the Punjab government to ensure the provision of free milk to students in schools in the province.

==============

This is great news, I used to get free milk at school until Margaret Thatcher - "the milk snatcher", took it away.
Another plan to scam Govt funds.....

And hopefully 2 free eggs per day aswll - help solve that protein deficiency issue that is so common in South Asia..

And hopefully 2 free eggs per day aswll - help solve that protein deficiency issue that is so common in South Asia..

Now that would be a good idea, even if it was just 1 egg. I've always been in favour of school dinners, just daal roti one time a day. Give the poorer kids a chance to have 3 meals.

Another plan to scam Govt funds.....
there will be some sort of corruption in any govt project, this does not mean that one should not start public welfare project. this is a remarkable step by punjab govt if executed properly . imagine every school child will get at least 250ml of nestle milkpak or haleeb. those who dont drink milk even in months, will have milk to drink.

It will be milk,but will be charged like whiskey at the State budget ;)

==============

This stopped while I was in school and I am glad it did, I love old Maggie because of it.
I must say that these initiatives are good, at least it will give some good nutrition to the poor kids who are attending school that is if they are not diluting milk with water.

==============

i remember those days free milk at school. the blue straw in the mini pint size milk bottle.
it is said that the dutch are tall due to milk given at school and they also eat lot of cheese.
but you want milk in it raw form but thats hard to do in large qty.
they should go for organic oat milk.

This stopped while I was in school and I am glad it did, I love old Maggie because of it.
I must say that these initiatives are good, at least it will give some good nutrition to the poor kids who are attending school that is if they are not diluting milk with water.

Did you not like milk as a kid?

Back
Top Bottom