What's new

Punjab to present Rs1 trillion budget

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
The Punjab government is likely to present over Rs 1 trillion budget for fiscal year 2014-15, with expected annual development plan of Rs 330 billion while luxury tax would be introduced on luxurious vehicles.

The government has also decided to launch health insurance scheme with the allocated amount of Rs 4 billion for pro-poor initiatives.

According to a proposed plan, the government is considering to expand the provincial tax base for fiscal space creation to increase development sector spending. The different committees are constituted to expand the provincial tax base. These committees are discussing different proposals of imposition of new taxes or increasing the rates on existing taxes.

In the proposed ADP the government has focused on education, irrigation and skill development energy.

In education sector the proposed allocation is around Rs 30 billion, Rs 32 billion for energy sector, and Rs 4.5 billion for livestock development, and Rs 7 billion for agriculture sector.

The government has allocated around Rs 19 billion for the special initiatives and Rs 7 billion for skill development. The sources said that skill development is another important focused area of the forthcoming provincial budget. The government has planned to train produced two million skills graduates during the next five years. Thus 400,000 skills graduates would be passed out annually. The skills development was completed by funding the TEVTA, PVTC and PSDF.

The government has allocated almost Rs 15 billion for buildings and infrastructure development under its governance programme. Under this programmes around Rs 7 billion would be spent on police department development programmes.

The mega project of governance is command and control centre while new police stations buildings and upgrade of existing would also be made under the proposed plan.

The government has also planned to complete Rawalpindi Metro Bus Project in the coming fiscal year by allocating Rs 12 billion for it. However, so far no allocation has been made for the Lahore Ring Road project this year. Sources said that the government has been considering to the remaining part of the Lahore Ring Road through Public Private Partnership.

Other than this some initial amount could also be allocated for Multan Metro Bus project in the forthcoming budget under Chief Minister Special Initiative head. Initially, the government was considering starting Faisalabad Metro Bus project after completion of Rawalpindi Metro Bus project. However, Rs 400 million allocations have been made to provide interchange on motorway for Faisalabad under Highways projects. This project would be initiated in this forthcoming budget and further allocations would be made in the next budgets.

Punjab to present Rs1 trillion budget - thenews.com.pk

After Rawalpindi Faisalabad Metro will start and i think that they are going to start Multan metro bus Project

So that's 100 billion rupees increase since the last budget?

I am not happy about the education budget being so tiny. I think when both Education and Health budgets combined, it was around 25% of the total budget for last year. Are they reducing or the total figure mentioned in the above news is incorrect?

So that's 100 billion rupees increase since the last budget?

I am not happy about the education budget being so tiny. I think when both Education and Health budgets combined, it was around 25% of the total budget for last year. Are they reducing or the total figure mentioned in the above news is incorrect?

I believe the above mentioned is only the development budget.

The overall education Budget will be atleast around 250Billion PKR

I believe the above mentioned is only the development budget.

The overall education Budget will be atleast around 250Billion PKR
You are right, the overall budget is going to be more than 210 billion rupees as I see on the Gov of Punjab website, it says the education budget for last year was 210 billion rupees and 82 billion rupees for health. I think Health should be at least 100 billion rupees for this year and education above 220 billion rupees for sure.

Salient features of the provincial budget 2013-14 | Punjab Portal

You are right, the overall budget is going to be more than 210 billion rupees as I see on the Gov of Punjab website, it says the education budget for last year was 210 billion rupees and 82 billion rupees for health. I think Health should be at least 100 billion rupees for this year and education above 220 billion rupees for sure.

Salient features of the provincial budget 2013-14 | Punjab Portal

With the 100Billion pkr increase in total budget.

Expect the education budget to be around 235Billion pkr(23.5% like last year) and Healthy budget 89Billion pkr (8.8% like last year)

For punjab the education budget might be sufficient but i want KPK to increase the %age to more than 30% of the overall budget

Why not establishing a university like NUST instead of this metro everywhere
Well there has been increase in number of universities in last few years. HEC is usually responsible for expansion/development of universities and I believe HEC is doing a fair job already. I think the government's prime focus must be to empower HEC as much as possible and also start advanced PHD programs in local universities wherever and as many possible.

Well there has been increase in number of universities in last few years. HEC is usually responsible for expansion/development of universities and I believe HEC is doing a fair job already. I think the government's prime focus must be to empower HEC as much as possible and also start advanced PHD programs in local universities wherever and as many possible.

Pakistan Research output growth is the 2nd fastest in the world,Pakistan will witness 330%+increase in Publications within the time period of 7years making it 2nd fastest in the world

Thanks to HEC

Why not establishing a university like NUST instead of this metro everywhere

At least metros and infrastructure projects would remain here and benefit the low middle class. All those NUST,LUMS graduates take the first flight out to US,UK Canada after completing their education.

atleast start by appointing a Chairman on merit.

The Punjab government is likely to present over Rs 1 trillion budget for fiscal year 2014-15, with expected annual development plan of Rs 330 billion while luxury tax would be introduced on luxurious vehicles.

The government has also decided to launch health insurance scheme with the allocated amount of Rs 4 billion for pro-poor initiatives.

According to a proposed plan, the government is considering to expand the provincial tax base for fiscal space creation to increase development sector spending. The different committees are constituted to expand the provincial tax base. These committees are discussing different proposals of imposition of new taxes or increasing the rates on existing taxes.

In the proposed ADP the government has focused on education, irrigation and skill development energy.

In education sector the proposed allocation is around Rs 30 billion, Rs 32 billion for energy sector, and Rs 4.5 billion for livestock development, and Rs 7 billion for agriculture sector.

The government has allocated around Rs 19 billion for the special initiatives and Rs 7 billion for skill development. The sources said that skill development is another important focused area of the forthcoming provincial budget. The government has planned to train produced two million skills graduates during the next five years. Thus 400,000 skills graduates would be passed out annually. The skills development was completed by funding the TEVTA, PVTC and PSDF.

The government has allocated almost Rs 15 billion for buildings and infrastructure development under its governance programme. Under this programmes around Rs 7 billion would be spent on police department development programmes.

The mega project of governance is command and control centre while new police stations buildings and upgrade of existing would also be made under the proposed plan.

The government has also planned to complete Rawalpindi Metro Bus Project in the coming fiscal year by allocating Rs 12 billion for it. However, so far no allocation has been made for the Lahore Ring Road project this year. Sources said that the government has been considering to the remaining part of the Lahore Ring Road through Public Private Partnership.

Other than this some initial amount could also be allocated for Multan Metro Bus project in the forthcoming budget under Chief Minister Special Initiative head. Initially, the government was considering starting Faisalabad Metro Bus project after completion of Rawalpindi Metro Bus project. However, Rs 400 million allocations have been made to provide interchange on motorway for Faisalabad under Highways projects. This project would be initiated in this forthcoming budget and further allocations would be made in the next budgets.

Punjab to present Rs1 trillion budget - thenews.com.pk

I hope more is spent on Education, Health and security sector.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom