gubbi

Reaction score
Country
India
PUNJAB SETS NEW RECORD
* Highest turnout: 76.63%

ind13.jpg

Chandigarh, January 30
The electorate in Punjab came out to vote overwhelmingly for the 117-seat Assembly elections today with 76.63 per cent (preliminary estimate) of the 1.76 crore voters exercising their franchise.

This is the highest figure since the state was reorganized in 1966, Election Commission sources said.

ind14.jpg

ind15.jpg

Voting started at 8 am across 19,841 polling stations in the state. Initially, the turnout was low but gathered pace after 11 am. By noon, the state had recorded 35 per cent polling.

The maximum turnout was witnessed in the southern parts of the state with all the districts crossing the 80 per cent mark. This included Sangrur (83 per cent), Muktsar (82 per cent), Ferozepur (82 per cent), Mansa (82) and Bathinda (80 per cent). While PPP supremo Manpreet Badal's Gidderbaha constituency witnessed 88 per cent polling, that of Chief Minister, Parkash Singh Badal's Lambi segment recorded 86 per cent. Congress party's Chief Minister-aspirant Capt Amarinder Singh's Patiala (city) recorded 73 per cent voting while Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Badal's Jalalabad constituency recorded a poll percentage of 82.

The lowest polling percentage was recorded in Tarn Taran district (69.03 per cent) while Muktsar district maintained its tradition of recording the highest voter turnout at 84.73 per cent. Pathankot, Gurdaspur and Amritsar districts recorded a polling percentage of 71.93, 75.39 and 72.33 per cent respectively.

more at the link provided

Almost negligible violence and a record high voter turnout.
Way to go, Punjab!! Congratulations.

Isn't there a political dynasty ruling Punjab? Who a lot of people there are sick of?

Educate me.

Isn't there a political dynasty ruling Punjab? Who a lot of people there are sick of?

Educate me.

Must be, after all almost every state in north is plagued by political dynasties, I am just eargerly waiting for someone who could kick out the gandu dynasty ... they will definitely never let India develop..

Huge turnout means people are fed up with the incumbent govt. (of which BJP is a part).

Punjab has never voted the incumbent govt into power. They always vote the alternate party in the next election.

Unfortunately, Congress will win here.

The main elections are in UP given its size. Congress must get a shellacking in UP.

But even there, Congress is planning to team up with SP of Mulayam to get into the ruling alliance.

If BJP gets a lot of seats (everybody knows nor they or the Congress is winning), that will prove that people are fed up with Congress.

I doubt if people really vote these idiots, given their mastery at scamming and cheating , booth polling is a very easy task for them, I am prety sure thats how these gandus win every time..

---------- Post added at 03:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 AM ----------

^^^ add to that the anti bjp propoganda that the sold out media does pretty excellently...

Akali's have been going to work in Punjab as i recently visited last year development of polls,bridges,roads is rampant not to mention industry is also coming to the rural motherland people are leaving villages for the cities urbanization is taking fold in the state.

a vote for the BJP is a vote for development and good governance a vote for the Congress fuddus is a vote for a 10 year setback.

Akali's have been going to work in Punjab as i recently visited last year development of polls,bridges,roads is rampant not to mention industry is also coming to the rural motherland people are living villages for the cities urbanization is taking fold in the state.

a vote for the BJP is a vote for development and good governance a vote for the Congress fuddus is a vote for a 10 year setback.
exactly my thought, although I wont say there are HUGE imporvements (to be humble) but states with bjp majority are growing more rapidly with less dramabaazi, for eg. gujrat, rajasthan etc..

Must be, after all almost every state in north is plagued by political dynasties, I am just eargerly waiting for someone who could kick out the gandu dynasty ... they will definitely never let India develop..

Yes, atleast my state Bihar got rid of these political dynasty for some time and Nitish Kumar is doing good work.

Akali's have been going to work in Punjab as i recently visited last year development of polls,bridges,roads is rampant not to mention industry is also coming to the rural motherland people are living villages for the cities urbanization is taking fold in the state.

Even I saw same in Bangalore. What charges Yedurappa may had but they built lots of flyovers, roads in the city, previous government was so idle. BJP never compromise with infrastructure development anywhere.

yeah I have heard bihar's growth rate is 12-14% , Nitish kumar is the modi of bihar... happy to see some changes in that state

yes, 3 yrs ago I visited my native village, there was nice road and 20-21 hours electricity in peak summer and many more changes. And that's why Nitish kumar won 85% seats in nov 2010 elections. Also Patna is getting metro rail and monorail too.

yes, 3 yrs ago I visited my native village, there was nice road and 20-21 hours electricity in peak summer and many more changes. And that's why Nitish kumar won 85% seats in nov 2010 elections. Also Patna is getting metro rail and monorail too.

Its great to see patna is getting metro. Nitish is doing what I never imagined a Bihar CM will do ever.

well done, I heard manipur also had overwhelming turnout. democracy is holding strong :tup:
go to hell congress:devil:

Its all public movement effect. Ppl are annoyed with the politicians and want to teach them lesson. Anna jee, baba ramdev and others effect can not br downplayed.

Even I saw same in Bangalore. What charges Yedurappa may had but they built lots of flyovers, roads in the city, previous government was so idle. BJP never compromise with infrastructure development anywhere.

BJP leaders are dumb they must learn the lesson of corruption from Kongress.

Back
Top Bottom