Punjab budget focuses on infrastructure development

June 14, 2014
JALIL HASSAN AKHTAR
0 Comments
emailButton.png
printButton.png
pdf_button.png

br-black.gif
The Punjab government on Friday presented a development-oriented budget with a total outlay of Rs 1044.9 billion for fiscal year 2014-15, allocating Rs 345 billion for Annual Development Programme (ADP). In the proposed budget, General Revenue Receipts are Rs 1033.7 billion while income accruing from Tax and Non-Tax Provincial Revenues is Rs 228.87 billion.

The Punjab Finance Minister, Mujtaba Shujaur-Rehman, said the Punjab government would receive Rs 804.19 Billion from NFC sources in the new fiscal year. He said Punjab Current Revenue Expenditures would be Rs 699, 951 million in FY 2014-15. Presenting the budget before the house, he averred that provincial government was endeavouring to produce hydel, thermal, wind, solar and bio-gas energy in future. He stated that provincial government has allocated Rs 31 billion for energy sector in the budget.

Referring to special emphasis being given to the southern Punjab region by the provincial government, the minister averred that Rs 119 billion would be allocated to the projects already initiated there. He said 36 percent of the proposed development budget of Punjab would be used in southern Punjab.

Speaking about provincial government's efforts to improve law and order in the province, Rehman said that with an increase of 16 percent, the budget of police would be Rs 81.68 billion in the next fiscal year. He said a force of 1500 equipped with latest weapons had been established in the province.

Talking about Rescue 1122 operations in Punjab, the minister said they would be extended to 36 additional tehsils during the period of the next budget. The Punjab finance minister stated the provincial government of Shahbaz Sharif was giving special emphasis on education sector and it had enhanced its share to Rs 92.65 billion (42 percent increase) in fiscal year 2014-15. Overall, Rs 273 billion has been allocated to education in the budget 2014-15, he said.

He said that health budget would witness an increase of 37 percent to Rs 86.88 billion in the next fiscal year. He stated that provincial government had planned to construct liver, kidney and cancer hospitals in the province. The Minister said while Rs one billion allocated to mobile health units, Rs 8.57 billion had allocated to medicines in the next budget.

The Finance Minister stated that Rs 4 billion had also been kept for Health Insurance Card scheme in the next budget. Speaking about betterment of farmers and development in agriculture in the proposed budget, the minister said provincial government had made an allocation of Rs 14.97 billion under that head. Mujtaba stated that Rs 50.80 billion had been kept for development of the sector. He averred that a Rs 5 billion subsidy would be given on fertilizer.

On improvement of information and construction sector, the finance minister said that Rs 39.56 billion had been allocated to this sector. About metro bus project, he stated that this project would now be extended to Faisalabad. He said that Metro Train Project that was likely to start in Lahore would be completed in 27 months. He said that the provincial government in the next fiscal year would start project of construction of 20,000 houses for labourers. He added that in 2014-15 four new Ashiana housing schemes would be established.

The Finance Minister said that an amount of Rs two billion was kept for interest-free loans under Self Employment Scheme. He said Rs 500 million was being allocated to the uplift of minorities. Following in the footsteps of federal government, the Punjab government is raising salaries and pensions by 10 percent, the finance minister averred. Chief Minister Muhammad Shahbaz Sharif was present in the house on the occasion. Opposition benches protested in the house during the budget speech by the finance minister. The assembly was later adjourned by the chair.
Punjab budget focuses on infrastructure development | Business Recorder

Last edited:
Finally some new universities in Punjab budget. Ganja is finally coming to senses after ruling Punjab for 6th time.

Finally some new universities in Punjab budget. Ganja is finally coming to senses after ruling Punjab for 6th time.
pls of you cannot earn respect for your leader who is xxxx , pls try to respect others . he is an elected leader of the country , for the development you have no idea what he did in last tenure, Sialkot medical college , DG khan medical college , narowal campus of engineering and technology UET, Punjab IT university Arfa karim park Lahore, All Danish schools in underdeveloped areas of south punjab , IT labs for 4000 schools of punjab, lap tops for thousands of students, DELL supported IT labs in punjab, be sure there are much more than this which he has done in education which he did in just last tenure . so try to respect and compete in performance not in long tongues.

شہری املاک پرپراپرٹی ٹیکس کی شرح20سے25فیصدسےکم کرکے5فیصدکردی گئ

نئےٹیکس لگانےکےبجائےوصولی نظام میں بہتری اورخوردبردپرقابوپائیں گے،وزیرخزانہ

کھاد پر مجموعی طورپر10ارب کی سبسڈی دی جائیگی

نجاب میں مزدور کی کم ازکم ماہانہ اجرت 12ہزار روپے مقرر ...
مزدوروں کیلیے20ہزارنئےگھراور4نئی آشیانہ اسکیم بنائی جائیں گی..

پنجاب میں سرکاری ملازمین کی تنخواہوں اورپنشن میں10فیصداضافہ

لینڈرکارڈکمپیوٹرائزکرنےکادائرہ وسیع کیاجائیگا،4ارب14کروڑروپےمختص...
منصوبےمیں توسیع سےروزگارکے13ہزارنئےمواقع
پیداہونگے...

Last edited:

pls of you cannot earn respect for your leader who is xxxx , pls try to respect others . he is an elected leader of the country , for the development you have no idea what he did in last tenure, Sialkot medical college , DG khan medical college , narowal campus of engineering and technology UET, Punjab IT university Arfa karim park Lahore, All Danish schools in underdeveloped areas of south punjab , IT labs for 4000 schools of punjab, lap tops for thousands of students, DELL supported IT labs in punjab, be sure there are much more than this which he has done in education which he did in just last tenure . so try to respect and compete in performance not in long tongues.

Your patwari brain is too dumb to understand simple things, anyways, I have highlighted a keyword for you from my previous post.

For a hint, I was talking about UNIVERSITIES. Don't brag about Arfa Karim (project of mush which was more than half done before Showbaz took over, still took him 4 years to finish it), ghost Danish schools for zombies, and heavenly laptops from mars :lol:

شہری املاک پرپراپرٹی ٹیکس کی شرح20سے25فیصدسےکم کرکے5فیصدکردی گئ

نئےٹیکس لگانےکےبجائےوصولی نظام میں بہتری اورخوردبردپرقابوپائیں گے،وزیرخزانہ

So no new taxes at agriculture and land as always? :lol:

Your patwari brain is too dumb to understand simple things, anyways, I have highlighted a keyword for you from my previous post.

For a hint, I was talking about UNIVERSITIES. Don't brag about Arfa Karim (project of mush which was more than half done before Showbaz took over, still took him 4 years to finish it), ghost Danish schools for zombies, and heavenly laptops from mars :lol:

KPK k budget daikh laity hain bht teer chal rhy KPK me please don't quote me

you can say whatever your brain thinks , even how dirty it is , but you are totally an illetrate , re read my post i have not written only Arfa Karim park , I have written Punjab IT university which has a campus in Arfa karim park , you are so ridiculous cant analyse anything , it is Punjab IT university , do you hava ny answer for Sialkot and DG khan medical colleges ? For Danish school you should come out of your cocoon and go and see in Bahawal nagar, rahim yar khan , lodhran , and many under developed areas , they are functional and operational as well , Lap tops are the best scheme as it facilitates the students to use and be competitive in the world. By the way ARFA KARIM PARK WAS JUST STARTED WITH SOME HALF RAW BUILDING STRUCTURE was built by the previous building in all 5 years, But was completed and finished and made operaitonal with IT park with offices of Microsoft , teradata , google etc was established by current govt.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Teer to nai chal rahe, but new universities and collages ban rahe hain with no ghost danish schools and free laptops, work is done for real education. :P

And about quoting you, I will quote anyone I want. You can go ahead and put me on your ignore list or learn to face / digest.

May i know about the name of the universities ??

Sheeda talli :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

May i know about the name of the universities ??

Sheeda talli :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

The videos you posted are just useless rants. But the one I posted was epic, it perfectly sums up the argument style of you N-Leaguers. No matter what question we ask, you always reply with "KPK main kiya ho gaya hey?"

you can say whatever your brain thinks , even how dirty it is , but you are totally an illetrate , re read my post i have not written only Arfa Karim park , I have written Punjab IT university which has a campus in Arfa karim park , you are so ridiculous cant analyse anything , it is Punjab IT university , do you hava ny answer for Sialkot and DG khan medical colleges ? For Danish school you should come out of your cocoon and go and see in Bahawal nagar, rahim yar khan , lodhran , and many under developed areas , they are functional and operational as well , Lap tops are the best scheme as it facilitates the students to use and be competitive in the world. By the way ARFA KARIM PARK WAS JUST STARTED WITH SOME HALF RAW BUILDING STRUCTURE was built by the previous building in all 5 years, But was completed and finished and made operaitonal with IT park with offices of Microsoft , teradata , google etc was established by current govt.

The punjab IT university is nothing but a mere campus in Arfa Karim park, by naming something as university doesn't make it a university.

About Danish schools, I know a lot about these danish schools, especially in the areas you've mentioned. These fancy expansive schools are of no use, what we need is improvement in conditions of existing thousands of schools all over the Punjab. What Shahbaz Sharif did for these existing schools? Have you ever visited any govt school in Rahim Yar Khan or Bahawal nagar or Lodhran?

This short video will open your eyes: Danish School System Punjab a waste of money - YouTube-cut | Tune.pk

Laptop is another lollypop, in a province where school enrollment rate is around 51% only for grade 1 - 5 kids, and millions of kids are out of schools, the govt is busy distributing free laptops. Spare me from this cr@p.

Back
Top Bottom