What's new

Punjab gov to develop 400 mini dams

Shabaz Sharif

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
 Water Resource Development (through Construction of 400 Mini Dams along with
Command Area Development) of Potohar Region, Barani Areas of Punjab.

 Rain water harvesting project in all villages in Potohar Area by ABAD through
command area development, catchment treatment works (soil conservation works,
afforestation / plantation of forest tress), and solar energy irrigation system.

 Promotion of alternate energy for command area development of 173 Mini Dams in
Potohar Region.

Annual Budget | finance.punjab.gov.pk

Source Punjab budget PDF file.

These 400 dams may constitute only 10% of mangla or tarbela dam. Please dont take it like large dams such as Tarbela, Mangla, Diamer-Bhasha or Munda dam.

good thing is they are doing the right thing.. sad thing is we also need large dams be built as soon as possible. These 400 dams might be similar to claim of 350 dams in KP. We also need large dams to serve the country and not one town or village

We need drip irrigation system above all.

Too expensive for a small farmer. Have worked with an NGO and it is hard to sell it to local farmers that it good for them even if it is free. Most prefer flood irrigation method as usually they don't have any shortage of water.

Too expensive for a small farmer. Have worked with an NGO and it is hard to sell it to local farmers that it good for them even if it is free. Most prefer flood irrigation method as usually they don't have any shortage of water.

Raise diesel prices, lift agri tax break, provide drip irrigation for free. ;)

Why would someone refuse that? Doesn't it save water, man power and more importantly increases yields? :what: Drip irrigation system is the future, maybe to expensive now for Pakistan but not in near future.

Raise diesel prices, lift agri tax break, provide drip irrigation for free. ;)

Few advantages of that system taken from this Pakistani website

Four Brothers HEIS

• > Increasing per acre yield.
  • > Decreasing input per acre.
  • > Increasing efficiency of inputs.
  • > Saving of power, electricity/diesel.
  • > Cultivating more land/acres with less water.
  • > Irrigating maximum land with minimum number of hours.
  • > Uniformity of yield per plant per acre.

Why would someone refuse that? Doesn't it save water, man power and more importantly increases yields? :what: Drip irrigation system is the future, maybe to expensive now for Pakistan but not in near future.

People in underdeveloped areas consider it voodoo. In reality they dont like to take risks as their entire livelihood is dependant on it.

Gud step but resorvior and barrages and more dams should be built bcz jub flood ata he tb barani nehro ma pani chor dya jata he jo ka itna zayda hota he ka nallooo sa nikal kr fasalo ko tabuh krta he especially in our area

Good step, since rain water in potohar region get lost in no time, also are around jhang is becoming deserted day be day. More more water go waste in each moonsoon go vein.

But government should seriously consider some huge dam/hyderale projects, may be they can bring back kalla bagh dam on to table.

Lot of things can be done for punjab with help of kpk government.

But government should seriously consider some huge dam/hyderale projects, may be they can bring back kalla bagh dam on to table.
Its been playing hide and seek...going on and off the table :unsure:

Its been playing hide and seek...going on and off the table :unsure:
Thats why i think the one who is giving suggestion to the government should be changed right away, since their site has been very limited. World has gone into 21st century yet most of thhe approaches are still stuck in 90s.

Today the world we know around us is changing with rapid speed. Development is so fast that one country plan to make something amazing and it is already out. I am not expecting same from our government but atleast we should be néar to the world so, when we are ready we takeover right away. This rrquires cooperation among all pakistanis, provinces, and ethnicity's. (Keep in mind , the worl we know is actually become global village where countries are in touch to !ake it happen, say here in middle east all countries are united to make arab first bullet train into reality. Fifa world cup is not qatar alones all countries are assisting in making. Similarly gas pipeline for Oman is not possible with UAE help. So on..

And we here in pakistan are fighting for stupid provincial boundaries, which now doesnt exists any more. Ethnicity value, which can't feed single person. Land which lossing its value to urban population. We are fools who still think my water is poluted because of US intervention. Polio will put some nano robots (which haven't been manufactored yet) into over blood or make us impotent. We are creating some illusions and are scared of them.

Sorry, this isnt the way to progress. If we are scared of something, then instead of running away from it, we have to face it and fight back. Boundaries looks only good if they are serving us a purpose. And are healthy to the society.

Today the world we know around us is changing with rapid speed. Development is so fast that one country plan to make something amazing and it is already out. I am not expecting same from our government but atleast we should be néar to the world so, when we are ready we takeover right away. This rrquires cooperation among all pakistanis, provinces, and ethnicity's. (Keep in mind , the worl we know is actually become global village where countries are in touch to !ake it happen, say here in middle east all countries are united to make arab first bullet train into reality. Fifa world cup is not qatar alones all countries are assisting in making. Similarly gas pipeline for Oman is not possible with UAE help. So on..
Ok I think I have heard something relatively similar in someone's speech :unsure:

And we here in pakistan are fighting for stupid provincial boundaries, which now doesnt exists any more. Ethnicity value, which can't feed single person. Land which lossing its value to urban population. We are fools who still think my water is poluted because of US intervention. Polio will put some nano robots (which haven't been manufactored yet) into over blood or make us impotent. We are creating some illusions and are scared of them.
I agree and talk about the same unity which many fail to think about!

No idea why unity scares soo many

We can be united on soo many grounds...Under 1 flag, Under 1 religion (no school of thoughts are not religion they are thoughts), under 1 people, brotherhood, country, sacrifice...

But no we choose to discriminate based on colour, caste (thank god it isnt too much) or ethnicity or worse political party...the last being a group of morons who dont even know you and yet you bash your own neighbour or brother coz he doesnt like the same party you like :unsure:

The 1st shock I got of political shit in Pakistan was when Benazir died! Dear GOD! It was like jahilah era in Lahore (cant imagine Karachi)...people were breaking things as though by breaking things you will bring a dead woman to life...the only thing that happened was loss! Lots of loss and people didnt even feel ashamed coz they still do the same till date! This was shocking for me...considering how many people die in Pakistan...Yea sure she was shot, yea sure she was a politician but lets face it she was a woman ....why ruin Pakistan...send it back few years for her death? was she immortal and the death struck I mean what the hell were people thinking when they did that shit?

As for the polio thing...even with famous people and even a guy who suffered from polio went to help promote the campaign yet jahilat comes over everything!

Back
Top Bottom