What's new

Puma and Ecureil helicopter transfer of technology

HAIDER

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Reading a recent news in dawn about export reports of Pak weapon ,
He said Pakistan had built Agosta submarines and Puma and Ecureil helicopters with the help of France “with transfer of technology”.
Any more info about this news ?

Reading a recent news in dawn about export reports of Pak weapon ,

Any more info about this news ?

let me clarify: that news article has a lot of mistakes because our newspapers dont have dedicated defence jurnos.

1. agosta 90B - built at KSEW. the transfer of technology is limited to welding the hull etc. all other parts/intrastructure are assembled locally from KD kits.

2. puma helicopters - we have the capability to overhaul the helicopters locally. we r not manufacturing them.

3. ecureil helicopters were also semi-assembled locally. we r not manufacturing them.

hoped to have been of some help.

let me clarify: that news article has a lot of mistakes because our newspapers dont have dedicated defence jurnos.

1. agosta 90B - built at KSEW. the transfer of technology is limited to welding the hull etc. all other parts/intrastructure are assembled locally from KD kits.

2. puma helicopters - we have the capability to overhaul the helicopters locally. we r not manufacturing them.

3. ecureil helicopters were also semi-assembled locally. we r not manufacturing them.

hoped to have been of some help.

Haider
Pakistani Mechanical engineering is really in its infancy. I dont think we have enough production of specialized steel to do anything meaningful in any case. In spite of our wishes, we can only take on work which is in keeping with our level of development. Even China is still struggling with the nuances of Submarine technology and Helicopter manufacturing. So I dont think we are quite there yet. Also there is a case of allocation of meager resources to maximum benefit. I think in this regards, it would suit us to invest in Surface platforms and Thunder rather than try and manufacture subs and Helicopters.
I hope it helps with your query.
Regards
Araz

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom