What's new

PTI to fly solo in general elections: Imran

Leader

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
CHAKWAL: Talking to Dunya News, PTI chief Imran Khan said that ideological parties could adopt joint stance with Pakistan Tehreek-e Insaf.

He said that the general elections cannot be free and transparent in the presence of President Asif Ali Zardari.
Imran said that the appointments in the Election Commission were also made on political basis and PPP and PML-N had the same agenda of loot and corruption.

He said free and transparent polls would secure the future of Pakistan, and his party did not want delay in the upcoming general elections.

Earlier, addressing a public gathering in Choa Saidan Shah and party workers convention in Chakwal, Imran Khan said that his nine-year stance of avoiding war against Taliban was vindicated, while earlier he had been branded as Taliban Khan.

He said that a similar situation occurred during Musharraf’s regime, when he (Imran Khan) resisted Musharraf’s regime’s endeavors to end troops to FATA; whence Musharraf also branded him as “clean-shaved terrorist”.

“Today I stand vindicated, that Pakistan was pushed into am unwilling war, making America’s war its own”, he declared.

The PTI chief also lambasted President Asif Ali Zardari for developing a massive luxurious palace in Lahore, while also questioning Zardari’s tax returns and his source of immense wealth.

On the occasion, Imran Khan announced that party elections would be finalized by 16th March, after which he would celebrate the democracy celebrations at Minar-e-Pakistan with millions of his supporters.

He also stressed on ensuring taxation’s scope as one of steps for ending corruption.

Dunya News: Pakistan:p:TI to fly solo in general elections: Imran...

this should be it.... :agree:

Nothing can stop PTI now...its coming !! :pakistan:

Why is PTI taking so long with intra-party elections?
They should have been utilizing this time to maximize their public appeal.

I am assuming that IK has a better game plan, one that we are not aware of yet. I am ready to accept PTI for a joint venture in order to ensure these zardari and nawaz villains do not come to power again. Lets hope he does, if not and we get these nut jobs back in power then...Pakistan and its voting citizens definitely do deserve the destruction going so well for them right now.

I feel it a curse as an overseas Pakistani that has to carry the name of this citizenship all around but not able to decide for my country's future.

Cannot leave it in the middle of it.... however Awami rabata muhim is continuing, yesterday IK went to Chakwal etc.

PTI have to conclude these intra party elections *** soon as possible and start mobilizing people for general elections, it wudn't be easy, really tough time ahead.

Lack of common sense?

Cannot leave it in the middle of it.... however Awami rabata muhim is continuing, yesterday IK went to Chakwal etc.

I don't know what happened to PTI.
Intra-party elections are necessary for ECP's clean chit and I guess this is why PTI is looking at this matter carefully so that there are no outstanding issues later on.

Still, I would have liked PTI to take a faster approach to all this and begin the campaign in earnest. PPP and PML(N) have already taken up prime slots in the media's air time.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom