What's new

PTI MNAs may quit NA if thumb impressions not verified

AdeelFaheem

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD: The Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf leadership will consider on Wednesday a proposal to give a deadline to the government for scientific voter verification in four NA constituencies or its MNAs will quit the legislature in protest.

Party sources revealed to The News here that the proposal would be discussed in the upcoming meeting of the core committee on Wednesday (June 25). A detailed discussion will be held on the party’s future line of action, keeping in view the latest political situation in the wake of arrival and strategy of Pakistan Awami Tehreek Dr Muhammad Tahirul Qadri in the meeting.

It is pertinent to mention here that Imran has repeatedly announced that the PTI was not forming an alliance with Dr. Qadri’s PAT. All the concerned four seats were won by the Pakistan Muslim League-N candidates while the PTI has been expressing its apprehensions about the way these were won by the now ruling party.

“There is a likelihood the decision-making forum will approve the resignation proposal and then PTI Chairman Imran will formally give a deadline to the government in the public meeting on June 27 in Bahawalpur,” sources maintained.

According to the National Assembly’s website, the PTI has a total of 34 legislators in the National Assembly: 27 elected on general seats, six on reserved seats while one made way to the legislature on minority seat.

A central leader also confirmed to this correspondent that a decision had been taken to give a deadline to the government that could be of two to three weeks to go for thumb verification of voters in NA-110 (Sialkot-I, pocketed by Kh. Asif), NA-122 (Lahore-V, won by Sardar Ayaz Sadiq), NA-125 (Lahore-VIII, won by Kh. Saad Rafique) and NA-154 (Lodhran-I, won by Muhammad Siddique Baloch).

He explained that the scientific verification of voters in these crucially-important constituencies was key to having an idea of the scale and extent of rigging carried out during the last year’s general elections.

To a question about any other options to be considered during the core committee meeting, to be held at the Bani Gala residence of Imran Khan, the PTI leader contended that another proposal was to mount pressure on the government by resorting to street agitation, to be led by the party chairman himself.

But, he believed, the most effective step according to majority of PTI leaders, was to give a timeline for the verification exercise and if the rulers remained unmoved, then the party MNAs should resign en masse from the National Assembly.

“We are confident the reason of reluctance in fulfilling our legitimate demand is that these seats have been won by systematic rigging and proof of it could be seen when Nadra had conducted a scientific probe into some NA constituencies, including two seats of Karachi,” he claimed.

He contended that the government after the PTI’s deadline would have to give in to its demand, that was first made one year ago. At that time the PTI could not afford the resignations of its MNAs, which would have created a big electoral vacuum, leading to a crisis-like situation.

Source : PTI MNAs may quit NA if thumb impressions not verified - thenews.com.pk

It is a courageous decision (If made) but i think Suggestion "B" will be approved coz in longer run, Suggestion "A" is a political suicide.

@Fracker @xymt @cb4
@hasnain0099 @Tameem @Leader @Jazzbot
@arushbhai @Saifullah Sani

Last edited:
PMLN goons will be happy. I don't think IK should leave an open ground for them. If he has certain numbers in NA, only then he can have some in senate too. where he has no representation.

PMLN goons will be happy. I don't think IK should leave an open ground for them. If he has certain numbers in NA, only then he can have some in senate too. where he has no representation.

PMLN already has an open ground because they have an absolute majority in the Legislature because of Voter Fraud.

It will be stupid. Last time it was said of N to quit bcz they had quite a majority even in opposition but PTI doesnt have that. All they will do is lose the only province they got and the important seats in Punjab. Focus on the province and focus on utilizing these 4 years left to make sure the next elections are more fairer.

IK will be making a huge mistake. His politics have always been "I am not playing, I am going home you guys!"

Every street cricket team had that one "rondu" kid. In Pak politics, IK is that kid lol

ISLAMABAD: The Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf leadership will consider on Wednesday a proposal to give a deadline to the government for scientific voter verification in four NA constituencies or its MNAs will quit the legislature in protest.

Party sources revealed to The News here that the proposal would be discussed in the upcoming meeting of the core committee on Wednesday (June 25). A detailed discussion will be held on the party’s future line of action, keeping in view the latest political situation in the wake of arrival and strategy of Pakistan Awami Tehreek Dr Muhammad Tahirul Qadri in the meeting.

It is pertinent to mention here that Imran has repeatedly announced that the PTI was not forming an alliance with Dr. Qadri’s PAT. All the concerned four seats were won by the Pakistan Muslim League-N candidates while the PTI has been expressing its apprehensions about the way these were won by the now ruling party.

“There is a likelihood the decision-making forum will approve the resignation proposal and then PTI Chairman Imran will formally give a deadline to the government in the public meeting on June 27 in Bahawalpur,” sources maintained.

According to the National Assembly’s website, the PTI has a total of 34 legislators in the National Assembly: 27 elected on general seats, six on reserved seats while one made way to the legislature on minority seat.

A central leader also confirmed to this correspondent that a decision had been taken to give a deadline to the government that could be of two to three weeks to go for thumb verification of voters in NA-110 (Sialkot-I, pocketed by Kh. Asif), NA-122 (Lahore-V, won by Sardar Ayaz Sadiq), NA-125 (Lahore-VIII, won by Kh. Saad Rafique) and NA-154 (Lodhran-I, won by Muhammad Siddique Baloch).

He explained that the scientific verification of voters in these crucially-important constituencies was key to having an idea of the scale and extent of rigging carried out during the last year’s general elections.

To a question about any other options to be considered during the core committee meeting, to be held at the Bani Gala residence of Imran Khan, the PTI leader contended that another proposal was to mount pressure on the government by resorting to street agitation, to be led by the party chairman himself.

But, he believed, the most effective step according to majority of PTI leaders, was to give a timeline for the verification exercise and if the rulers remained unmoved, then the party MNAs should resign en masse from the National Assembly.

“We are confident the reason of reluctance in fulfilling our legitimate demand is that these seats have been won by systematic rigging and proof of it could be seen when Nadra had conducted a scientific probe into some NA constituencies, including two seats of Karachi,” he claimed.

He contended that the government after the PTI’s deadline would have to give in to its demand, that was first made one year ago. At that time the PTI could not afford the resignations of its MNAs, which would have created a big electoral vacuum, leading to a crisis-like situation.

Source : PTI MNAs may quit NA if thumb impressions not verified - thenews.com.pk

It is a courageous decision (If made) but i think Suggestion "B" will be approved coz in longer run, Suggestion "A" is a political suicide.

@Fracker @xymt @cb4
@hasnain0099 @Tameem @Leader @Jazzbot
@arushbhai @Saifullah Sani
Let them quit....and when ANP/PML-N/JUI-F/MQM will snatch their seats, then they would realize that what mistake they have made.....

We don't need to be happy over IK pulling yet another stupid thing...He has free will and he can do whatever pleases him.

PMLN already has an open ground because they have an absolute majority in the Legislature because of Voter Fraud.

PMLN agrees or not but their stupid bills don't go unchallenged courtesy PTI... and this becomes the part of legislation history. After years the historians would see who was at the right side of history..

We don't need to be happy over IK pulling yet another stupid thing...He has free will and he can do whatever pleases him.

your ipse dixit doesn't represent PMLN... don't use the word 'we'...

Hold your horses guys, they just considered this option in recent CEC meeting, nothing finalized yet.

IK will be making a huge mistake. His politics have always been "I am not playing, I am going home you guys!"

Every street cricket team had that one "rondu" kid. In Pak politics, IK is that kid lol

Baat tu such hai magar baat hai Ruswai ke :)

PTI wants to get out of NA and specially from the KPK government because they have absolutely no experience in controlling the bureaucratic monsters, social and economic problems. All they can do is accuse others while they shit in their pants because they have no idea what to do.

Imran is looking to becoming a political shaheed but its not possible. This is 2014, you cant just decide to be a political shaheed and reap the benefits of it. Doesnt work like that.

My messasge to Imran khan: WORK your *** off in KPK. Leave Punjab and federal government alone. You still have 4 more years.

PTI wants to get out of NA and specially from the KPK government because they have absolutely no experience in controlling the bureaucratic monsters, social and economic problems. All they can do is accuse others while they shit in their pants because they have no idea what to do.

Not true, I think. PTI welcomed lots of rejects from other parties, so they do have experience in running a government.

Imran is looking to becoming a political shaheed but its not possible. This is 2014, you cant just decide to be a political shaheed and reap the benefits of it. Doesnt work like that.

True, with all the media its not gonna fly anymore. PTI's support base consists of mostly urban educated first time voters. They are not like PMLN's biradari based voters. If IK goes ahead with mass resignations; fanboys are gonna ask questions. People still remember when IK pulled out of 2008 elections with disappointment.

My messasge to Imran khan: WORK your *** off in KPK. Leave Punjab and federal government alone. You still have 4 more years.

IMO, this is the only way PTI can prove itself to be the alternative it promised to be.

1102285277-1.jpg

1102285277-2.gif

See, this is exactly what I said before. PTI is not the main opposition party. And if it leaves the parliaments, it won't be missed by anyone, nor it would have any material impact on political dynamics. My personal guess is that PML-N would rather encourage JUI-F and QWP to join hands with JI in government. PML-N would rather act as a buffer by providing support but may not participate in KPK government.

Back
Top Bottom