What's new

No possibility of PTI MNAs return to assembly after resignations' acceptance: speaker

FOOLS_NIGHTMARE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
473331_3359167_updates.jpg

• NA speaker says resignations accepted in line with law.
  • He says no PTI MNA came to meet him despite requests.
  • PTI MNAs resigned en masse after Imran Khan's ouster.
ISLAMABAD: National Assembly Speaker Raja Pervaiz Ashraf Monday told the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) leaders that they could not return to the lower house as their resignations had been accepted.

In April last year, the party's lawmakers resigned en masse from the NA after PTI Chairman Imran Khan was ousted from power through a no-confidence motion.

At first, the resignations of only 11 MNAs were accepted by NA speaker Raja Pervaiz Ashraf. However, on January 17 and January 20, the resignations of 34 and 35 more PTI MNAs were accepted respectively.

Several MNAs then withdrew their resignations and requested the speaker not to accept them. However, on January 22, the NA speaker accepted the last batch of resignations.

Subsequently, the 43 MNAs took their grievance to the Lahore High Court (LHC), which on February 8 suspended the ECP's orders.

Later, several other PTI MNAs approached the LHC for similar relief. The court, however, only instructed the ECP to suspend the denotification of PTI MNAs from Punjab.

The electoral body last Friday — in line with the LHC's order — suspended its denotification announcement of 32 PTI MNAs. Moreover, it also halted the by-polls in those constituencies.

Today, a PTI delegation — led by Amir Dogar and including Kanwal Shauzab, Sajida Begum, Aamer Mehmood Kiani, Amjad Niazi, and others — met the NA speaker at his office in Islamabad.

In a statement, the NA Secretariat mentioned that the PTI leaders spoke to the speaker about their resignations and demanded Ashraf revoke his decision to accept them.

But undeterred, the speaker said that he had accepted the resignations in line with the rules and regulations, the Constitution, and the law of the land.

"I sent out letters repeatedly, but no member from the PTI came before me. After delegations headed by Amir Dogar and Asad Qaiser met me, I started accepting the resignations," he said.

The speaker explained that the delegation headed by Qaiser — which held a meeting with him in December last year — had asked that the PTI's resignations be accepted.

"Since it was their request, I am bound by the Constitution [to follow through]," he said. But Ashraf added that in line with the PTI's latest request, he would consult with his legal team and inform the party.

473331_3359167_updates.jpg

• NA speaker says resignations accepted in line with law.
  • He says no PTI MNA came to meet him despite requests.
  • PTI MNAs resigned en masse after Imran Khan's ouster.
ISLAMABAD: National Assembly Speaker Raja Pervaiz Ashraf Monday told the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) leaders that they could not return to the lower house as their resignations had been accepted.

In April last year, the party's lawmakers resigned en masse from the NA after PTI Chairman Imran Khan was ousted from power through a no-confidence motion.

At first, the resignations of only 11 MNAs were accepted by NA speaker Raja Pervaiz Ashraf. However, on January 17 and January 20, the resignations of 34 and 35 more PTI MNAs were accepted respectively.

Several MNAs then withdrew their resignations and requested the speaker not to accept them. However, on January 22, the NA speaker accepted the last batch of resignations.

Subsequently, the 43 MNAs took their grievance to the Lahore High Court (LHC), which on February 8 suspended the ECP's orders.

Later, several other PTI MNAs approached the LHC for similar relief. The court, however, only instructed the ECP to suspend the denotification of PTI MNAs from Punjab.

The electoral body last Friday — in line with the LHC's order — suspended its denotification announcement of 32 PTI MNAs. Moreover, it also halted the by-polls in those constituencies.

Today, a PTI delegation — led by Amir Dogar and including Kanwal Shauzab, Sajida Begum, Aamer Mehmood Kiani, Amjad Niazi, and others — met the NA speaker at his office in Islamabad.

In a statement, the NA Secretariat mentioned that the PTI leaders spoke to the speaker about their resignations and demanded Ashraf revoke his decision to accept them.

But undeterred, the speaker said that he had accepted the resignations in line with the rules and regulations, the Constitution, and the law of the land.

"I sent out letters repeatedly, but no member from the PTI came before me. After delegations headed by Amir Dogar and Asad Qaiser met me, I started accepting the resignations," he said.

The speaker explained that the delegation headed by Qaiser — which held a meeting with him in December last year — had asked that the PTI's resignations be accepted.

"Since it was their request, I am bound by the Constitution [to follow through]," he said. But Ashraf added that in line with the PTI's latest request, he would consult with his legal team and inform the party.

PDM is providing good training to the next coming PTI fleet in assembly. Anarchy is coming ..

Should have not resigned in the first place.political battles should be fought inside the assembly

If speaker go against court, this will result his removal

If speaker go against court, this will result his removal
This is not the issue, PTI will win the election ..they are scared of 2/3 majority ...

This is not the issue, PTI will win the election ..they are scared of 2/3 majority ...

2/3 majority that PTI will use to do what?

No seriously. What's Imran going to do with it?

• Demand the resignation of the COAS and his Corp Commanders?
  • Demand the resignation of corrupted bureaucrats?
  • Demand accountability of the Judges?
  • Restructure the Police force?
  • Restructure the education system??
  • Remove ghost employees from drowning state enterprises?
  • Remove political appointees from drowning state enterprises?
  • Change the social fabric of the country to resemble steps so it looks like S. Korea/Japan/Scandinavia? (You know collective good)
  • Correct the business/financial system so it doesn't take 5 years to open a business bank account or get electricity a building?
  • Correct the taxation policies to bring more to the country into a formal economy?
  • Correct the economic structure where it's no longer rent seeking but exporting & servicing?
Seriously. The guy's walking around aimlessly for the past 11 months. He's no revolutionary.

• Change the social fabric of the country to resemble steps so it looks like S. Korea/Japan/Scandinavia? (You know collective good)
  • Correct the business/financial system so it doesn't take 5 years to open a business bank account or get electricity a building?
  • Correct the taxation policies to bring more to the country into a formal economy?
  • Correct the economic structure where it's no longer rent seeking but exporting & servicing?
Seriously. The guy's walking around aimlessly for the past 11 months. He's no revolutionary.
He is facing 60 cases and survived from assassination bid. He is alone playing alone against all odds. We can point fingers at him but look at the circumstances he is facing. If the nation deserves PMLN or PPP ,,,then good luck.

You are right, instead of hoping change will come let the status quo continue.

I guess the western countries also had people like you who sat back and said nope, nothing will change.

He is facing 60 cases and survived from assassination bid. He is alone playing alone against all odds. We can point fingers at him but look at the circumstances he is facing. If the nation deserves PMLN or PPP ,,,then good luck.

And stumbling over himself at each step. He's learned nothing from the 2022 VoNC and is still picking up lotas and mir jafars who'll sell him out in 2 seconds.

The nation will get what it's character deserves. If the nation it naik masoom the leader will be naik and masoom.

If the awaam is full of haramis then why complain about a harami as PM?

How many Pakistanis are now stopping at traffic lights or wearing motorcycle helmets if there's on warden around? You're looking for change somewhere else while continuing to gather favors from corruption.

You are right, instead of hoping change will come let the status quo continue.

I guess the western countries also had people like you who sat back and said nope, nothing will change.

Wonderful reflection. Is this the level of Canadian education or is it mostly Pakistani?

Other than "they stole my seat" what has Imran promised for his next 5 years?

Seriously. Let me know.

And stumbling over himself at each step. He's learned nothing from the 2022 VoNC and is still picking up lotas and mir jafars who'll sell him out in 2 seconds.

The nation will get what it's character deserves. If the nation it naik masoom the leader will be naik and masoom.

If the awaam is full of haramis then why complain about a harami as PM?

How many Pakistanis are now stopping at traffic lights or wearing motorcycle helmets if there's on warden around? You're looking for change somewhere else while continuing to gather favors from corruption.

Wonderful reflection. Is this the level of Canadian education or is it mostly Pakistani?

Other than "they stole my seat" what has Imran promised for his next 5 years?

Seriously. Let me know.
He knows, this party has life as long IK survives. After IK, this party will be part of PMLN or an establishment try to build new party or force them to join PPP. ...... uncertain future .....

Back
Top Bottom