What's new

PTI decides to field Asad Umar, Ayla Malik in NA-48, NA-71 by-polls

she didnt get reserved seat as she was at number 4 in the list and only two got selected from punjab.

she ran the campaign for NA-48 for Javed Hashmi sahib. she is a fighter and a loyalist. where as Asad Umar maybe the brain, but only joined the party after seeing its 30 october 2011 jalsa success while Khan had been asking him to join the party since 2006.. a rational opportunist I would say.

whereas Fauzia Kasuri did hell of a fund raising for the election campaign, couldnt contest in intra party election, and did practical campaign in NA48.

and is with the party since 1996.

she deserves !!

You should maybe tweet or message Shireen Mizari...just so that she knows what the people think.

Expected and correct decision by PTI. Thank God, it is not emotional decision, This is purely on merit!!
If we talk on merit, Asad umer deserves it.

Asad Umar is needed to challenge in brother in PML-N. The budget has to be criticized so they need someone.

Mrs Kasuri might not get any seat as of yet because only Mazari and Mrs Hassan are going from Punjab to the NA.

She should be given some other role.

she must be.

He might win, but a lot of other people would also be in senate. Mrs. Kasuri could also be a senator.

But the lower house is more active in legislation and more visible.

For any legislator to pass, the approval of both houses is required. So every senator is equally active in legislator like NA. Plus senate performs the similar policy making structure through its committees. A senator can also be appointed as a minister (Just like Rehman malik was interior minister and Now Ishaq Dar will be finance minister)

Expected and correct decision by PTI. Thank God, it is not emotional decision, This is purely on merit!!
If we talk on merit, Asad umer deserves it.

agree, but this is not according to the Insaf.

You should maybe tweet or message Shireen Mizari...just so that she knows what the people think.

Shireen Mazari is not all that nice..

For any legislator to pass, the approval of both houses is required. So every senator is equally active in legislator like NA. Plus senate performs the similar policy making structure through its committees. A senator can also be appointed as a minister (Just like Rehman malik was interior minister and Now Ishaq Dar will be finance minister)

May be my point was not explained properly. The NA is more visible to the common public. The senate is not. Many of the NA people are directly elected and hence have direct relations with the people.

Umar has great following and after disappointment in teh younger generation, his types are needed who are more visible challenging and appearing on talk shows.

Agreed...that is why giving him the ticket from Islamabad is the safest option IMO, if he is going to come in NA and not the Senate.

BTW< what is the procedure for election in Senate?
NA-71 is PTI's home ground where the chances of its loss are minimal. For example, look at the margin of votes between the two constituencies
NA-71
N 73373 PTI 133224 Diff~ 50K
NA-48
N 52205 PTI 73373 Diff~20K
Thats why I said Ayla should be fielded in risker constituency since she is a more experienced politician than Asad Umar. Fielding a weaker Candidate in NA-48 can lead to some undesirable results.

In senate every province has equal seats. The allocation is effectively done on proportional representation in the regional assemblies. there are around 80 seats in senate with 20 from each province.

I voted for PTI because of Asad Umar. I really like his economical point of view and I am very sure he is quite a capable person. So I would like to see him in the parliament as soon as possible.

Ayla Malik... ahh doesn't matter whether she is or not in the parliament

agree, but this is not according to the Insaf.
This is difficult choice. There are thousands of Jamat-e-islami supporters, voted for PTI this time.
I doubt that they will support a Female candidate, It means that we are giving chance to Mian Aslam!!:hitwall:
So, i think Asad umer is correct choice.
Female cannot survive in this consistency. Because may be, otherwise people will prefer JI candidate.
NA-71 is PTI's home ground where the chances of its loss are minimal. For example, look at the margin of votes between the two constituencies
NA-71
N 73373 PTI 133224 Diff~ 50K
NA-48
N 52205 PTI 73373 Diff~20K
Thats why I said Ayla should be fielded in risker constituency since she is a more experienced politician than Asad Umar. Fielding a weaker Candidate in NA-48 can lead to some undesirable results.

In senate every province has equal seats. The allocation is effectively done on proportional representation in the regional assemblies. there are around 80 seats in senate with 20 from each province.

Read my Post 27.

This is difficult choice. There are thousands of Jamat-e-islami supporters, voted for PTI this time.
I doubt that they will support a Female candidate, It means that we are giving chance to Mian Aslam!!:hitwall:

Read my Post 27.
Yeah about women. Islamabad is not in FATA.....thats all I have to say.

I voted for PTI because of Asad Umar. I really like his economical point of view and I am very sure he is quite a capable person. So I would like to see him in the parliament as soon as possible.

Ayla Malik... ahh doesn't matter whether she is or not in the parliament

Its people like you who will vote for Asad Umar, even in General Elections the campaign in Islamabad was not good, The result was surprising for me. will be a tough fight. Asad Umar will need some good political workers to win this seat.

Back
Top Bottom