PSA Gwadar port Pakistan International starts commercial operations

fatman17

PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
PSA Gwadar port Pakistan International starts commercial operations

Wednesday, 02 April 2008

THE inaugural call of the 76,000 dwt Pos Glory at PSA's Gwadar International Terminal in Pakistan marks the beginning of a new phase in the development of port infrastructure there.

The 12.5 metre draft bulk carrier offloaded 64,000 tonnes of wheat over nine days at the port's deepwater berth and is the biggest bulk vessel to berth at a Pakistani port to date.

'The arrival of Pos Glory at PSA Gwadar International Terminals marks a significant milestone in the port's successful start-up after months of preparation, training and transfer of port operating knowledge and technical expertise from PSA to a team of dedicated local management and staff,' said David Yang, PSA International CEO for Middle East and South Asia.

International importers and exporters currently shipping goods through the ports in Karachi have expressed strong interest in using Gwadar while container liners' vessels will also call at the port in the future, PSA added.

did anyone realize that PSA had basically done nothing since the first phase of Gwadar? there have been no "worth mentioning" investments lately in Gwadar.

the only things that are operated are the cranes china set up, which is actually included within the first phase of the construction of Gwadar.

I mean the port can't even handle large ships at all, the extra load is shed and taken in on a feeder vessel. what is PSA doing, i mean we gave them a 40 year tax holiday? i hope the new govt. threatens them quite a bit to get the job done.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom