What's new

Prime Minister’s Office helps aged couple in Kerala enrol for Aadhaar cards at home

guyhandz

Reaction score
Country
India
NEW DELHI: Over several months, Raja Sivaram, a financial consultant in Kerala, knocked on many doors to get Aadhaar cards for his aged parents, who weren't physically mobile enough to be able to visit an enrolment centre. He tried through various channels to get this done at home but to no avail.

Last Thursday, an exasperated Sivaram wrote to the Prime Minister's Office. On Sunday morning, an Aadhaar team arrived at his residence in Palakkad, with a computer, webcam, fingerprinting machine and an eye scanner to record the biometrics of his 90-year-old father and 83-year-old mother.

"It was a simply amazing experience... I wanted to shift with my parents from Palakkad to Coimbatore but they have no identity documents of their own. I hence wanted to get them an Aadhaar card before we shift out... Last Thursday, I wrote to PM and within three days, it was all done," Sivaram told ET on the phone from Palakkad.

"I am shifting to Coimbatore today with my parents and they promise that I will get an online copy of the Aadhaar cards in a week's time and physical copies in a month," he said. Sivaram is one among lakhs of citizens who have successfully approached the Centre to resolve their grievances since Narendra Modi took over in May 2014.

According to Jitendra Singh, minister of state for PMO, the government received eight lakh citizen grievances last year and resolved 6.8 lakh out of them, while the rest are pending for purely technical reasons. During the UPA government years, only about 2 lakh grievances came to the Centre yearly, he said.

"People (during the UPA regime) did not hope that complaints will be solved and saw little purpose in lodging them," Singh told ET. "Under us, four times the number of grievances than earlier came last year, which shows people's trust in promptness of the Modi government."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...adhaar-cards-at-home/articleshow/50767728.cms

Why to glorify a simple thing ? What the govt did is a mere duty for them.

Dont we have more important things to politicise like Rohit's caste identification ??? :pleasantry:

Why to glorify a simple thing ? What the govt did is a mere duty for them.

Dont we have more important things to politicise like Rohit's caste identification ??? :pleasantry:

Or openly support ISIS sympathizers and condemn their arrest through our loyal pets in media Shekhar ahemmmm Gupta..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom