What's new

Prime Minister Khan asks nation to have compassion for poor, adopt austerity

N.Siddiqui

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Prime Minister Imran Khan's first address to the nation since being elected the country's new premier was broadcast at 9.30pm on Sunday, August 19, 2018, by Pakistan Television.

The address — essentially a road map to the 'Naya Pakistan' PM Khan has promised his supporters — began following a recitation from Holy Quran and the playing of the national anthem.

The new premier promised wide ranging reforms with a focus on safeguarding Pakistan's resources and their redistribution from the rich to the disadvantaged.

He began by thanking those who had stood by him in his political struggle.

"I want to thank all my supporters who have been with me on this journey for the last 22 years," he started. "I salute all those who stood by me in my most difficult times; those who bore ridicule to support me ... I could not have been here without you."

Clarifying that he had stepped into politics not to pursue it as a career or profession, PM Khan said his only motivation was to help set Pakistan "on the path envisioned by [Quaid-i-Azam Mohammad Ali] Jinnah and [Allama Mohammad] Iqbal."

https://www.dawn.com/news/1427995

...apt message by Strings band for the people.

Urr Jaoon | Strings | 2018 | (Official Video)

Prime Minister Imran Khan's first address to the nation since being elected the country's new premier was broadcast at 9.30pm on Sunday, August 19, 2018, by Pakistan Television.

The address — essentially a road map to the 'Naya Pakistan' PM Khan has promised his supporters — began following a recitation from Holy Quran and the playing of the national anthem.

The new premier promised wide ranging reforms with a focus on safeguarding Pakistan's resources and their redistribution from the rich to the disadvantaged.

He began by thanking those who had stood by him in his political struggle.

"I want to thank all my supporters who have been with me on this journey for the last 22 years," he started. "I salute all those who stood by me in my most difficult times; those who bore ridicule to support me ... I could not have been here without you."

Clarifying that he had stepped into politics not to pursue it as a career or profession, PM Khan said his only motivation was to help set Pakistan "on the path envisioned by [Quaid-i-Azam Mohammad Ali] Jinnah and [Allama Mohammad] Iqbal."

https://www.dawn.com/news/1427995
Yes, we need austerity, especially our liberal/westernized elite class. Their looted maal should be taxed heavily until they either return it all back to the nation or leave the country for good. Their parasitism is what has ruined this country.

Yes, we need austerity, especially our liberal/westernized elite class. Their looted maal should be taxed heavily until they either return it all back to the nation or leave the country for good. Their parasitism is what has ruined this country.
they act like the british, all high and mighty. But then again the British gave the railways, schools and infrastructure. These parasites haven't done jack-shit. I've always believed that to get rid of this cancer you have to purge them.

Back
Top Bottom