What's new

PR has cut deficit first time in 4 decades: GM

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
MULTAN: General Manager Pakistan Railways, Anjum Pervaiz Wednesday said that the Railways was able to cut its deficit for the first time in last 40 years and earned record Rs 5 billion revenue in the outgoing fiscal year 2013-14 showing 100 per cent improvement in revenue compared to the target.
Briefing the media at Multan cantonment railway station after opening a renovated reservation office, he said last year was difficult for railways, however, prudent policies adopted by the incumbent government and its flawless implementation enabled Railways earn Rs 5 billion while chasing a target of Rs 2.5 billion.
It was for the first time that Railways achieved its revenue target and surpassed by 100 per cent it during last nine years, Anjum Pervaiz said.
He said a sum of Rs 40 billion had been allocated for railways for the fiscal year 2014-15 to bring improvement in Railways system to provide better and convenient travelling facilities to passengers.
He disclosed that 60 new engines would join the Railways fleet by December this year while tenders were being issued to acquire another 75 new engines with major emphasis on coal-powered engines.
He explained that 50 of them would be coal-powered engines of 4500 Horse Power, more powerful than the existing 3000 HP engines of Pakistan Railways.
He expressed the optimism that Pakistan Railways would be out of crisis situation by August 2014 with regard to upgraded facilities.
He added that passengers would be availing better travelling facilities during the upcoming fiscal year 2014-15 by virtue of addition new engines.
He told that a new train would soon operate from Hyderabad to Mirpur Khas and later a Night Train would be operated on Multan-Lahore route.
Anjum Pervaiz said the incumbent government had improved railways in a year only and that is why it would not be privatised.
He added that Railways Minister, Khawaja Saad Rafiq had already issued a statement in this connection.
He said problems of the Railways employees would be solved during the forthcoming fiscal year 2014-15.
He added that arrears would be paid to employees and new quarters would be built to provide them residential accommodation.
A sum of Rs 180 million had been allocated for Railways Multan division for the purpose, he added.

He said Railways would repair its main line-I from Karachi to Peshawar as part of initiatives for Pak-China Economic Corridor and added that work on it was expected to begin in March next year. He said MoUs had been signed for Pak-China Economic Corridor and a sum of Rs 380 billion would be spent with major focus on improving communications infrastructure ie rail and roads.

PR has cut deficit first time in 4 decades: GM

This is a good news, hopefully they get out of the deficit if not make railways extremely profitable.

Good news. An efficient tail system is a must for a strong economy and trade of goods.

Of course. The next models will not use coal even, but fodder powered donkeys developing 6000 dp. :D
we got plenty of coal and its cheap...unless you suggest nuclear powered engines :woot:

we got plenty of coal and its cheap...unless you suggest nuclear powered engines :woot:

Thar has plenty of Grade B Lignite. How will you get this to burn in what type of engine? The old steam locomotives from the 1900s?

Thar has plenty of Grade B Lignite. How will you get this to burn in what type of engine? The old steam locomotives from the 1900s?
how much study has been done on what stuff they have in Thar? I mean some studies brag about it can fuel Pak for so and so long....oh wait I am asking Mr. 100% negative :D

how much study has been done on what stuff they have in Thar? I mean some studies brag about it can fuel Pak for so and so long....oh wait I am asking Mr. 100% negative :D

Many tall claims. Much hot air. Not much coal.

Remember the Underground Coal Gasification project by Dr. Mand and the claims made then? Remember the decision to convert all thermal units to That coal?

Same is the case here. That is not negativity, just the truth.

Many tall claims. Much hot air. Not much coal.

Remember the Underground Coal Gasification project by Dr. Mand and the claims made then? Remember the decision to convert all thermal units to That coal?

Same is the case here. That is not negativity, just the truth.
so far all I see you do is claim this and that...I wonder how one in research does that without backing it with something more than PDF Indian style "Coz I said so"

so far all I see you do is claim this and that...I wonder how one in research does that without backing it with something more than PDF Indian style "Coz I said so"

I have said nothing, except point out that bot the UCG project and the Thermal Conversion projects have failed totally. Why? Because Thar Grade B Lignite is not suited for large scale power generations. Unless, of course you wish to point out a project which has shown successful exploitation of these reserves? Please, go ahead. :D

I have said nothing, except point out that bot the UCG project and the Thermal Conversion projects have failed totally. Why? Because Thar Grade B Lignite is not suited for large scale power generations. Unless, of course you wish to point out a project which has shown successful exploitation of these reserves? Please, go ahead. :D
I aint claiming anything you are the one up and about with your negativeness so unless you start showing evidence its all hearsay or lets say your hypothesis :enjoy:

Back
Top Bottom