What's new

Potential China-Azerbaijan defence deal

ASQ-1918

Reaction score
Country
Azerbaijan
China can offer a good weapon market to Azerbaijan and I have heard that China are interested in importing oil and natural gas from Azerbaijan. If reports are true, there is already agreement about FC-1 aircrafts.

Azerbaijani Defense Minister to visit China

[ 25 Oct 2010 16:53 ]

Baku – APA. Azerbaijan’s Defense Minister, Colonel-General Safar Abiyev will pay a three-day official visit to the People’s Republic of China at the invitation of Defense Minister, Colonel-General Liang Guanglie, Defense Ministry’s press service told APA. Safar Abiyev is expected to meet with China’s Defense Minister, chief of General Staff, state and government officials. Regional security in the South Caucasus and Eastern Asia, military and military-technical cooperation and prospects of cooperation between the two countries will be discussed during the meetings.

APA - Azerbaijani Defense Minister to visit China

China, Azerbaijan pledge to strengthen military ties

BEIJING, Oct. 26 (Xinhua) -- China and Azerbaijan agreed to strengthen military cooperation during a meeting of senior military officials in Beijing Tuesday.

China and Azerbaijan enjoyed long-time friendship, and China attached great importance to the bilateral relations, said Chen Bingde, Chief of the General Staff of the People's Liberation Army (PLA) of China.

Hailing the sound military relations and satisfactory results in cooperation, Chen said China was active to develop military-to-military cooperation and exchanges with Azerbaijan.

Safar Abiyev, Azerbaijan's Defense Minister, told Chen his country attached importance to the friendly cooperation with Chinese military and thanked China's support to their military building.

China, Azerbaijan pledge to strengthen military ties

That will be a win win situation.I heard the rumor that Azerbaijan will buy the jf17 for a long time,I have no clue whats the latest development.

Back
Top Bottom