What's new

Post clashes trend for PAF and IAF

- JF-17 Block III with AESA, HMS, HOBS AAM(hopefully) and integration of other PGMs and SOWs. The Air-to-Air Refueling, HMS, HOBS AAM and Software Upgrades/Weapons Integrations will easily make their way to Block I/II. Although same can not be said about AESA radar which will be an expensive undertaking so may not happen.

- If economy improves in 2 year time, finances permit & relations with US are reasonable then possibly:

i) Get AN/APG-88 SABR AESA Radar. Its designed to be field retrofit, so hope I it can possibly be done in Pakistan with US technicians training PAF technicians.
ii) AIM-9X. This will help utilize full potential of JHMCS.
ii) 13 F-16 ADF MLUed through TAI. Initial FMS was for upto 60 MLU kits, so PAF should be well within limits.

I think that's about it for F-16s. While being multi-role, these 4-5 squadrons of upgraded F-16s should be able to fulfill role of Air Superiority Fighter. If recent engagement is any indication this is how I think PAF plans to use F-16 i.e. Air Superiority role(kind of like the F-104 were used in 65).

I agree. Pak had an offer on table for turkey. If you can take uncle sam out of the way.

We should invest in a broad spectrum fixed wing platform that can cater small distance civilian commuter requirements, Naval MPA requirement, also be a AWACS/AEW&C and a EW aircraft for PAF, also be ISR and a AC-130 Spectre like gunship for Army.

Or maybe also be an all round general purpose for duties such as. light cargo/troop transport/tanker for all tri-services.

Especially EW aspect cuz I believe The Blinders are not receiving as much praise as they should get.

Good examples.
View attachment 551009 View attachment 551010 View attachment 551011 View attachment 551012

Same could be done with the helicopter industry. But for that we could engage Turk or Chinese in JVs

Turks?? For a potential domestic helicopter program??

Modular weapon systems that can be configured for multiple roles are the future.
One platform. Many purposes.
Helps save cost and keep the supply line streamlined.
Just look at what the US has done with C130. They used it for tanker/transport, CAS, SAR, ISR, etc. We could team up with CASA, Embraer, Antonov, Airbus, or even TAI. To figure out a solution.

We should not let our human resource to be wasted on just a fighter program. Once AvRID and aviation city start functioning.
I agree. Pak had an offer on table for turkey. If you can take uncle sam out of the way.

RD-93 license production and maintenance facilities? If russians allow it?

License Production of PL-10E once intergrated also production of PL-15 and SD-10A instead of buying them all the time msybe even A Darter R Darter

J-10C? Future Pl-21 platform for us

More research and upgradation of existing REK Takbir series pgm's we have

More Sams medium and long range LY-80E HQ-9B need to cover gaps in air defence. Imagine if we had a lomad sam around the Balakot areas that night

Back
Top Bottom