What's new

Portuguese Army Uro ST5

JPMM

PROFESSIONAL
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
The Portuguese Army Bought 139 Spanish Armoured Vamtac Uro ST5. First 4 allready delivered this week
upload_2018-10-27_14-10-8.png

Thanks

Its a sh**t!
We are introducing a new cammo/equipment for individual soldier, new helmet, all Portuguese made. They are on the "Equipment & Gear" Section.
All Army/Navy/Air Force radios are built in Portugal.
Most Military Software programs were developed in Portugal.
We build the Pandur II 8x8 under licence.
A big part of the Brazilian KC390 cargo plane in made in Portugal.
The Navy OPV "Viana do Castelo" class are being made here.
For the Uro Vamtac there was no reason, its factory is in North Spain (Galiza), only two hours from were a live.
We sold the "FBP" factory machinery that was buildind the G3 rifle to the United States. They are using it to build the Civilian PT91 Rifle.

Thanks

Its a sh**t!
We are introducing a new cammo/equipment for individual soldier, new helmet, all Portuguese made. They are on the "Equipment & Gear" Section.
All Army/Navy/Air Force radios are built in Portugal.
Most Military Software programs were developed in Portugal.
We build the Pandur II 8x8 under licence.
A big part of the Brazilian KC390 cargo plane in made in Portugal.
The Navy OPV "Viana do Castelo" class are being made here.
For the Uro Vamtac there was no reason, its factory is in North Spain (Galiza), only two hours from were a live.
We sold the "FBP" factory machinery that was buildind the G3 rifle to the United States. They are using it to build the Civilian PT91 Rifle.

Thanks

Good to see you retaining some elements of military industry in your country. Your position today is such that if you chose to demilitarize, no one will ever fight you.

No! No! We are fighting in CAR (Central Africa Republic), Afganistan and Iraq.
We prefer to fight them in their houses, before they came to howers.
Thanks

No! No! We are fighting in CAR (Central Africa Republic), Afganistan and Iraq.
We prefer to fight them in their houses, before they came to howers.
Thanks
What is the portugese contribution to Iraq,Afghanistan & UN missions at CAR?

The Portuguese Army Bought 139 Spanish Armoured Vamtac Uro ST5. First 4 allready delivered this week
View attachment 508234

Thanks
A Pak company Metal Engineering Works PVT. LTD in JV with URO were pitching it to Pakistan..

A73BDC45-57A9-4AAB-BB42-81FAE465A4B9.jpeg
73B4A76B-72EB-415A-9D01-CB240B51D046.jpeg

Seems Cavalier stole their thunder with their own line of vehicles..

What is the portugese contribution to Iraq,Afghanistan & UN missions at CAR?

A Pak company Metal Engineering Works PVT. LTD in JV with URO were pitching it to Pakistan..

View attachment 519575 View attachment 519576

Seems Cavalier stole their thunder with their own line of vehicles..
DF
In CAR we are the Quick Reaction Force of the UN General, with a permanent reinforced company of "Comandos" or "Paraquedistas".
There is na aditional force of 45 men training 3 Territorial Infantry Batallions
There are also SOF teams, TACP from Air Force and UN HQ staff

In Afghanistan we have are
the Quick Reaction Force of Cabul Airport, they are from a Cavalry Regiment
There is a team training
Afghanistan Army "Branch School Advisory Team", NATO HQ staff and "NATO Special Operations Component Command"
In Iraq we have 30 men officialy training Iraqui troops to fight ISIS, but I have seen private images of Portuguese (from my old Brigade BrigMec) and Spanish leading the assault on a North City with Iraqui weapons and changed uniforms. They went forward when the Iraquis cawardly hyde. They earned the name "Viriatus" like the Portuguese that fought in the Spanish Civil war and the Portuguese that fought with the whermacht 250.Infanterie Division "Blue Division" in Russia.
The Portuguese have bought the latest and more protected ST5 version acording to this Spanish article
They will replace the two versions of armoured HMMWV.
This would be a very good option to Pakistan too, because they have good frontal armour, V shape hull with MRAP quality
Thanks

See the Difference
66af6e64b4ff0d8160e00635022edcb6.jpg

See the mine tests

DF
In CAR we are the Quick Reaction Force of the UN General, with a permanent reinforced company of "Comandos" or "Paraquedistas".
There is na aditional force of 45 men training 3 Territorial Infantry Batallions

There is a team training

Afghanistan Army "Branch School Advisory Team", NATO HQ staff and "NATO Special Operations Component Command"

In Iraq we have 30 men officialy training Iraqui troops to fight ISIS, but I have seen private images of Portuguese (from my old Brigade BrigMec) and Spanish leading the assault on a North City with Iraqui weapons and changed uniforms. They went forward when the Iraquis cawardly hyde. They earned the name "Viriatus" like the Portuguese that fought in the Spanish Civil war and the Portuguese that fought with the whermacht 250.Infanterie Division "Blue Division" in Russia.

The Portuguese have bought the latest and more protected ST5 version acording to this Spanish article
https://www.defensa.com/otan-y-europa/ejercito-portugal-ya-tiene-primer-vamtac-st5
This would be a very good option to Pakistan too, because they have good frontal armour, V shape hull with MRAP quality

Thanks

See the Difference

See the mine tests

The last pic showe a US Humvee and an armoured URO.

Bro.. this is the new BN3 Version with add on armour — on the VAMTAC Uro.

We on the other hand wont be buying it or any other foriegn vehicles... we come up with our own;

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/pakistan-aims-to-develop-a-light-armoured-vehicle.497955/

E48C5290-B1EB-4A59-9685-49CADF762633.jpeg
E8353E4B-AD16-4AC4-A047-6EAF2FCC0FB8.jpeg
CD025087-2A96-4FCB-978A-5CF68EE3929C.jpeg
EF12A2DD-F443-4B34-8C20-15AF6D3FC4D9.jpeg
1DD3BEB8-A57C-4A21-B91B-7288C29BB8F9.jpeg

982DF6CB-E569-4773-8A05-F6167A30BF43.jpeg
3CB6C512-AB73-4C71-87C2-EA248DC3147D.jpeg
2B9E6ED2-6902-40C9-B989-3BCA8B22FB89.jpeg

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/cavlier-group-fast-track-vehicle.585720/

The last pic showe a US Humvee and an armoured URO.

Bro.. this is the new BN3 Version with add on armour — on the VAMTAC Uro.

We on the other hand wont be buying it or any other foriegn vehicles... we come up with our own;

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/pakistan-aims-to-develop-a-light-armoured-vehicle.497955/

View attachment 519834 View attachment 519835 View attachment 519836 View attachment 519837 View attachment 519838
View attachment 519842 View attachment 519839 View attachment 519840
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/cavlier-group-fast-track-vehicle.585720/

DF, yes the Portuguese version is the ST5 BN3 (Blindado Nível 3), meaning Armour level 3 (NATO Level 3 of Stanag 4569)
http://www.fuerzasmilitares.com/Folleto-EUROSATORY-07-06-2016.pdf

Thanks

Last edited:
As for Cavalier Group products, Hamza 6x6 and 8x8 is of diferente class. They are heavier, have Level 4 armour and carry a full rifle section, just like Portuguese Pandur II fleet.
In the 4x4 class, the products you have are Police support vehicles, less armour and protected. Last shown "Fast-Track-Vehicle" is a concept, I am waitting for its development and results. As you have seen time-and-time again in Pakistan, after years of development of a vehicle and testing, the Army simply buy a second-hand option or an opportunity business.
Thanks

They will go for Africa replacing these

and these
upload_2018-11-17_10-19-39.jpeg

Two versions

Nice version, i hope moroccan Moroccan Army will buy this armored version for special missions, we have URO vehicle in a big quantity, but only the basic version without armor.

DF

There is a team training

https://www.defensa.com/otan-y-europa/ejercito-portugal-ya-tiene-primer-vamtac-st5

Thanks

See the Difference

See the mine tests
bon dia pa.
I see the new generation of portugese have forgotten their experiences in Africa and choosen to go with death traps. Man, my portugese ex-comrades in SADF will have a lot to say when they see these vehicles. Especially with the mines strewn across angola/moz.

bon dia pa.
I see the new generation of portugese have forgotten their experiences in Africa and choosen to go with death traps. Man, my portugese ex-comrades in SADF will have a lot to say when they see these vehicles. Especially with the mines strewn across angola/moz.

Brother
We go with ST5 for low-intensity conflitos (like RCA), even there we are allready using Pandur, they take the lead (just like we did in Angola/Moz). In case of use of heavy Antitank mines, the colums will be lead by special vehicles. In last option we have some "very old" Berliet-Tramagal GBA in service, and with the front filled with concrete they will do just fine like in 1961.
Cumprimentos

Back
Top Bottom