What's new

Portugal offers help in renewable energy production

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Portugal is one of the leading wind energy producers and generating 61.7 percent electricity through renewable energy sources while Pakistan should focus on enhancing cooperation with Portugal in energy sector to overcome its energy problems.

Iftikhar Feroz, Honorary Consul of Portugal, and Dr Mario Cabral, an economist of Portugal and expert in international trade, investment and business relationships said this while addressing the business community at the Islamabad Chamber of Commerce & Industry. They visited the ICCI to discuss the possibilities for enhancing bilateral trade and economic relations between Pakistan and Portugal.

They said both countries had good relations in textiles sector, but they should focus on diversifying their cooperation to achieve mutually beneficial results. He said Portugal is quite strong in high technology and exporting high value technology products. They said Pakistan should also enhance collaboration with Portugal to manufacture and export value added technological products. They said Portugal is a famous tourism destination and Pakistan should benefit from its experience to promote its tourism industry.

In his welcome address, Khalid Chaudhry, Acting President, Islamabad Chamber of Commerce & Industry said that Pakistan and Portugal need to take new initiatives to improve bilateral trade as the current volume of two-way trade is far below their true potential. He said to tap all untapped areas of cooperation, both countries should encourage frequent exchange of trade delegations and facilitate private sectors in making direct contacts.

He said Pakistan offers great incentives to foreign investors with profitable returns on investments in different sectors of its economy including energy, infrastructure development and many other areas. The present government is determined to initiate many developmental projects and time is ripe for the investors of Portugal to come to Pakistan in maximum number and explore business and investment opportunities.

He said after grant of GSP Plus status to Pakistan by the EU, Portugal should focus on enhancing import of Pakistani textiles, garments and leather products and help Pakistan in getting easy market access to EU markets.

Portugal offers help in renewable energy production | Pakistan Today

I visited Porto and Braga areas of Portugal in 2012, and I was surprised to see so many wind-power generators scattered all over the hill tops.

On a Sunday, I visited the historic medieval city of Guimaraes. After I ascended Serra da Penha, I tried to count the number of three-bladed tall white wind-power generators fixed on hill-ridges. I think I counted close to a hundred of them! Portugese seem to be experts at harnessing small scale energy sources. In the small city of Fafe, I visited an unlikely small dam on small stream of Rio Ferro. From an about 15-20 meter differential, a rickety old generator-house made perhaps 100KW on peak demand time as evening fell, for as long as the reservoir allowed.

I visited Porto and Braga areas of Portugal in 2012, and I was surprised to see so many wind-power generators scattered all over the hill tops.

On a Sunday, I visited the historic medieval city of Guimaraes. After I ascended Serra da Penha, I tried to count the number of three-bladed tall white wind-power generators fixed on hill-ridges. I think I counted close to a hundred of them! Portugese seem to be experts at harnessing small scale energy sources. In the small city of Fafe, I visited an unlikely small dam on small stream of Rio Ferro. From an about 15-20 meter differential, a rickety old generator-house made perhaps 100KW on peak demand time as evening fell, for as long as the reservoir allowed.

Even in Spain. Along the highway from Madrid to Granada i was amazed to see so many Wind Powers and villages with solar panels. Overall it seems this whole Mediterranean area along Europe is really developed and they took advantage of their potential. I don't know why our people look up to countries in our area. The Middle East and South Asia model in my view has failed

Last edited:
World No. 7 nuclear power looking for help from foreign countaries !!
when we able to manufacture our own wind power plants ?
when we able to manufacture our own power generation plants ?
when we able to manufacture our own solar power penal energy cell plants ?
when we able to compete India in this fields ???
It requires alot of research which we dont have. A large amount of investment to start which we dont have. Requires energy for industries/investment which we dont have. Its not bad to ask Any1 for help atleast for energy. We are energy hungry :D

It requires alot of research which we dont have. A large amount of investment to start which we dont have. Requires energy for industries/investment which we dont have. Its not bad to ask Any1 for help atleast for energy. We are energy hungry :D
we have the 15000 scientist and engineers in the shape of NESCOM, when we give them resources for R&D, we are importing the locomotive engines on very high prices and on loan for very high interest rates but we are not agree to Invest in R&D why because our kickbacks are stoped ?
we are knows in the world as defaulter / beggar, but we have the money for kickbacks, commercialized the Profitable assets, we have not enough natural gas but we are running CNG stations, we are importing the reconditioning cars, we have traffic jams, we have enough spaces for parking but we are permitted to import luxury vehicles ?? what is our fate !!!

we have the 15000 scientist and engineers in the shape of NESCOM, when we give them resources for R&D, we are importing the locomotive engines on very high prices and on loan for very high interest rates but we are not agree to Invest in R&D why because our kickbacks are stoped ?
we are knows in the world as defaulter / beggar, but we have the money for kickbacks, commercialized the Profitable assets, we have not enough natural gas but we are running CNG stations, we are importing the reconditioning cars, we have traffic jams, we have enough spaces for parking but we are permitted to import luxury vehicles ?? what is our fate !!!

don't be so blind and arrogant. Those countries spend a lot of money on R&D. They are way ahead than us.
Secondly, "7 nuclear power" country only invested in nuclear technology and this is why we are behind in every other sector.

Unfortunately actually. We were forced to follow the expensive path of nuclear power. We were forced to keep such a big forces which we cant afford. We are forced to accept the stupid politicians who just fill their pockets and other poor children die everyday. Unfortunately!!

don't be so blind and arrogant. Those countries spend a lot of money on R&D. They are way ahead than us.
Secondly, "7 nuclear power" country only invested in nuclear technology and this is why we are behind in every other sector.
Those countries designed the genetics of our policymakers / decisions takers by attractions of kickbacks and the propaganda that R&D is impossible thing for countries like us.

portugal offering help.... lol. portugal needs help actualy..

Back
Top Bottom