What's new

Poll: What does, Bangladesh think of Pakistan in 2013 ?

2013: What does Bangladesh think of Pakistan ? [Bangladeshis ONLY]

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
In 2008, i used to work part time night shifts during Ramadan and a Bangladeshi fella who had work next door starting early in the morning steal my food for Sehri every single day. That completely changed by views on Bangladeshi folk.

where is it that you guys work? bangladeshi working in lahore?;)

I’m not that purana too, but 71 debacle was a grave moments for my parents and other relatives and hearing their perspectives all those years about the incidents still seems very much relevant to me, like below;

1. “Bengalis hate us, bcz they thinks we are stealing their jute money”
2. “Bengalis didn’t loves urdu too, that’s why their mentor is not “IQBAL” & “Ummah” but Tagore and Bengali Nationalism”
3. “Actually, In East Pakistan, there are lot of Bengali Hindus, who incites Bengali Muslims to revolt for greater good of both”.

So, More probing questions would be,

1. Why in these 42 years Bangladesh still under developed with added resources available and Pakistan still progress in terms of GDP and per capita with less of those resources propagandize vehemently in ordinary Bengali psyche by their own leaders?
2. Why, when Pakistan’s ideology possessively based purely on “Pan Isalmism”, Bengali didn’t try to comprehend “Iqbal & his philosophy” which calls them to first left their hate against urdu?
3. United Bengal….aaahhh, just ask about it from any W. Bengali, he would slapped you immediately on it…..why?

Didn’t Bengalis need to apologize first on these false assumptions and missed opportunities to become one nation? The problem for us is there is no constituency in Pakistan to ask these genuine questions from today’s Bangladeshis, whereas it’s a vice versa in Bangladesh, so our kids only hear and learn one part of the story again & again and replies under burden…..robotically only as Apology….Apology…Apology.

"we are stealing their jute money” - it was a myth back then and still used by BAL leftists of BD to advance their hidden pro-india secularist agendas. (in fact i have more to say on this East-West Pak economic disparity and the dirty politics that was created out of it)

"bengalis didn't love urdu" - many bengalis of my parents' generation got sold on this suggestion that urdu was not part of bengal. my forefathers (inc. grand parents) all practiced urdu and farsi as second languages but it stopped due to the dirty politics during my parents' generation. bengali muslim community of calcutta (now in west bengal, india), where many Bangladeshi families migrated from around 1947 partition, had and still have a vibrant practice of urdu. universality of urdu zaban among south asians (including non-muslims) cannot be denied. "Tagore" culture was and still is at the fringes, something the leftist Hindu-cultured ppl of BD have been trying hard to reverse even till present.

we bengalis need to separate politics from facts about society and heritage. only then can we have a shot at being free

however the misinformation was not limited to the Bengalis only. back during East Pak, a relative of mine was in the navy and then moved to civilian marine. once he, with some bengali colleagues, were discussing with a newly posted punjabi superior (may be from Lahore).
The Punjabi officer said somthing to the effect of "Bangaliyon agar ek saap (snake) ar ek Punjabi ko dekhte hai, pahle Punjabi ko marega". my relative and his bengali colleagues were appalled by learning this kind of mentality, replying something like "ye sab toh yahan me hum kabhi nahi sochta hai". in fact this became more clear long afterwards that the West Pakistani people also harboured misinformed animosity about their East Pakistani compatriots (either rightfully as they resented Bengali misinformed political excesses or due to directed propaganda by hostile forces)

Your logic may contain some truth.but about national fundamental difference it is twisted to the T.but ppl who did not run to India is pro-pakistani is utter nonsense. Pro-muslim?we are all Muslims,period. How many ppl actually ran to India?% of total population. Are you saying they all wanted to stay under Pakistani tyranny?
Bro,most probably you were raised in a very pro-pakistani family. Its not your fault, I understand, if my father/grandfather were rajakar I would have been very pro-pakistani myself.
There is nothing may about my uncle,he was from a very politically known family and most of them were target at that time some of them still is.if you can give me one single reason as to why a 17year old boy had to die because his father denied his own country's government and intelligent agencies where his brothers/brother in laws where abouts,I will stop countering your posts.

T.but ppl who did not run to India is pro-pakistani is utter nonsense. Pro-muslim?we are all Muslims,period. How many ppl actually ran to India?% of total population. Are you saying they all wanted to stay under Pakistani tyranny?
Actually it was a 2 edge sword's type, IMO. On one hand, I 2nd on UR view on the correlation between unwillingly running IND & being less Muslim and on the other, it was also true for the willful runners. For example, 90% or so were Hindus that happened to non-Muslims anyway. And the most of the rest were RAWamy Munafiks. So, please look at the math now, thanks.

"we are stealing their jute money” - it was a myth back then and still used by BAL leftists of BD to advance their hidden pro-india secularist agendas. (in fact i have more to say on this East-West Pak economic disparity and the dirty politics that was created out of it)

"bengalis didn't love urdu" - many bengalis of my parents' generation got sold on this suggestion that urdu was not part of bengal. my forefathers (inc. grand parents) all practiced urdu and farsi as second languages but it stopped due to the dirty politics during my parents' generation. bengali muslim community of calcutta (now in west bengal, india), where many Bangladeshi families migrated from around 1947 partition, had and still have a vibrant practice of urdu. universality of urdu zaban among south asians (including non-muslims) cannot be denied. "Tagore" culture was and still is at the fringes, something the leftist Hindu-cultured ppl of BD have been trying hard to reverse even till present.

we bengalis need to separate politics from facts about society and heritage. only then can we have a shot at being free

however the misinformation was not limited to the Bengalis only. back during East Pak, a relative of mine was in the navy and then moved to civilian marine. once he, with some bengali colleagues, were discussing with a newly posted punjabi superior (may be from Lahore).
The Punjabi officer said somthing to the effect of "Bangaliyon agar ek saap (snake) ar ek Punjabi ko dekhte hai, pahle Punjabi ko marega". my relative and his bengali colleagues were appalled by learning this kind of mentality, replying something like "ye sab toh yahan me hum kabhi nahi sochta hai". in fact this became more clear long afterwards that the West Pakistani people also harboured misinformed animosity about their East Pakistani compatriots (either rightfully as they resented Bengali misinformed political excesses or due to directed propaganda by hostile forces)

OK, here are some hints for you to figure it out...

1. MT. Baton, who saw off the united sub-continent, predicted that unified PAK wouldn't last more than 25 yrs. Moulana Bhasani echoes the same and conveyed Salam as golden hand shake to the Westerners.

2. In the Western part, PPP was formed by a secular-lefty-elitist's type, Bhutto as a counter force of Muslim League. Similarly in the East, AWAMY League was formed by another secular, Mujib as a counter weight of Muslim League too. Those party's leaders were made catalysts to sew the seeds of hatred against the other part of the country. So, go figure now, brother, whether Lawrence of Arabia were only being played in deserted Muslim land or in Fertile plane too?

He definitely be Lahori, no matter where they stands, don’t waste any opportunity to went jokerish, not even if it takes their ownself….which is evident.:lol:

I’m not that purana too, but 71 debacle was a grave moments for my parents and other relatives and hearing their perspectives all those years about the incidents still seems very much relevant to me, like below;

1. “Bengalis hate us, bcz they thinks we are stealing their jute money”
2. “Bengalis didn’t loves urdu too, that’s why their mentor is not “IQBAL” & “Ummah” but Tagore and Bengali Nationalism”
3. “Actually, In East Pakistan, there are lot of Bengali Hindus, who incites Bengali Muslims to revolt for greater good of both”.

So, More probing questions would be,

1. Why in these 42 years Bangladesh still under developed with added resources available and Pakistan still progress in terms of GDP and per capita with less of those resources propagandize vehemently in ordinary Bengali psyche by their own leaders?
2. Why, when Pakistan’s ideology possessively based purely on “Pan Isalmism”, Bengali didn’t try to comprehend “Iqbal & his philosophy” which calls them to first left their hate against urdu?
3. United Bengal….aaahhh, just ask about it from any W. Bengali, he would slapped you immediately on it…..why?

Didn’t Bengalis need to apologize first on these false assumptions and missed opportunities to become one nation? The problem for us is there is no constituency in Pakistan to ask these genuine questions from today’s Bangladeshis, whereas it’s a vice versa in Bangladesh, so our kids only hear and learn one part of the story again & again and replies under burden…..robotically only as Apology….Apology…Apology.

returning to this, what do you think the West Pakistanis should have done to fix these, instead of just dismissing ALL Bengalis as insensible and pro-India? don't you think it was at least partly the West Pakistanis' responsibility to help the Bengalis comprehend the Iqbal philosophy? rising from the ashes of colonial rule, it was the West out of the two wings of Pakistan that was more privileged and resourceful wasn't it?
i hope you realize that West Pakistanis would have found countless true allies in the land of Bengal where brothers were waiting to extend their hands, but only to find nothing from the other end when they needed it. the roots of this misunderstanding of each other was explained by @M_Saint. even then we should have been better than that and prevented Bengalis from paying such steep price i.e. getting swallowed by India

Last edited by a moderator:
don't you think it was at least partly the West Pakistanis' responsibility to help the Bengalis comprehend the Iqbal philosophy? rising from the ashes of colonial rule, it was the West out of the two wings of Pakistan that was more privileged and resourceful wasn't it?

if u means, East Pakistanis Muslims only joins Pakistan movement not bcz of Pan-Islamism they believe (as they did'nt know an iota of it) but actually knowing its the only way of getting thier own bengal (East & West) again which nullified on the behest of Bengali hindus in 1911.......good Point...!!

i hope you realize that West Pakistanis would have found countless true allies in the land of Bengal where brothers were waiting to extend their hands, but only to find nothing from the other end when they needed it.

What brothers in waiting.....On the very first budget presented by Liaqat Ali Khan in 1948, there are riots on Dhaka streets....you know why???? Make coinage in Bengali Language:hitwall: and the frontrunner is Sheikh Mujeeb:coffee: then 1952 riots again on language....

The point is when all other Pakistan fighting with refugees, kashmir war & other stuff, Bengalis are busy in politicizing atmosphere due to thier very own demographic advantage. I'm not against promoting regional languages but demanding it too early and initially is the first and last mistake you people makes in the coffin of United Pakistan, making it the very first seed of mistrust between two wings.

When two country from two different side with two different languages, culture marge as one country, it is understandable the language spoken by majority will be the nations language. At the time of creation of Pakistan ,less than 10% people used Urdu .most of the (now) Pakistan had/has their own tribal languages. East side had a completely different situation. 40% of total population from both sides used Bangla as language. It was a logical,legitimate course of action that BANGLA be the national language.
In 1947 amount of people speaking URDU were quite a lot less then the people who spoke PASHTU.but it did not had a chance,because people in power all were URDU speaking. Its as simple as that.

When two country from two different side with two different languages, culture marge as one country, it is understandable the language spoken by majority will be the nations language. At the time of creation of Pakistan ,less than 10% people used Urdu .most of the (now) Pakistan had/has their own tribal languages. East side had a completely different situation. 40% of total population from both sides used Bangla as language. It was a logical,legitimate course of action that BANGLA be the national language.
In 1947 amount of people speaking URDU were quite a lot less then the people who spoke PASHTU.but it did not had a chance,because people in power all were URDU speaking. Its as simple as that.
Just Bhai,
In ideological/imperial movement, besides majority, there are many other ingredients/issues come to the equation to unify, transform big mass from different ethinicities. We, the Bengali weren't even included in the originally planned PAK by Chawdhury Rehmatullah but was coerced to vote for/against and overwhelmed the opposition of it in that poll. Having us, Pakistani FED fell in further disadvantageous position that started from its birth. Over 1000 miles of distance was the mother of all problems between the 2 wings, IMO. IND too had the problem with linguistics( With over 900 million people and more than one thousand languages, India is certainly one of the multilingual nations in the world today. It is home to the Indo-Aryan and Dravidian language families, two of the world's largest. Languages of the Austro-Asiatic and Tibeto-Burman language families are also spoken in India, though by relatively few people compared to speakers of the other two families. This multitude of languages reflects India's lengthy and diverse history. During the last few thousand years, the Indian sub-continent has been both united under various empires as well as fragmented into many small kingdoms. This has helped spread many common linguistic features among Indian languages without allowing any particular language to become overwhelmingly dominant. Having attained independence from the British in 1947, Indian leaders chose Hindi as the official language of India in the hope that it would facilitate regional communication and encourage national unity. They were aware of many of the difficulties inherent with instating a single language in India's multilingual environment, and they accordingly laid out a clear timeline and plan for introducing Hindi and phasing English out. Despite this planning, Hindi and English today still share their status as official languages. This is due to many unseen obstacles in addition to tactical errors made by some of the promoters of Hindi. These errors led to forceful counteractions by groups who felt that Hindi was being imposed upon them.
http://www.ling.upenn.edu/~jason2/papers/natlang.htm)
but never faced the problem of PAK's enormity. See, there also had reason on why ethnic Indians couldn't be exploited like us. In BRIT-IND, Calcutta was the Capital until 1912 and many Indian, Pakistani, Commie sycophants groomed up over there. Bengali Babus in particular, became commies and their nationalism morphed in secularist's environment, from which leaders like Soharwardy, SK Mujib etc. got their inspiration. Now, going over the engineering of Bangladesh's creation, a true soul-searcher
would easily come to the conclusion that Pan Islamism wasn't Soharwardy or SK Mujib's heart as they hardly ever exposed into it but Bengali nationalism was. I rest my case with that, thanks.

if u means, East Pakistanis Muslims only joins Pakistan movement not bcz of Pan-Islamism they believe (as they did'nt know an iota of it) but actually knowing its the only way of getting thier own bengal (East & West) again which nullified on the behest of Bengali hindus in 1911.......good Point...!!

it couldn't have been possible for either the Bengali masses or ones at the top to actually be against Pan-Islamism. And moreover un-partitioned Bengal was also supported across the Muslim League, from Sher-e-Bangla to the Quaid. however political atmosphere changed in East Pakistan fast right since 1947 with the 'Muslim League-minded' people sent to the back bench and dominated by leftists at the top..

What brothers in waiting.....On the very first budget presented by Liaqat Ali Khan in 1948, there are riots on Dhaka streets....you know why???? Make coinage in Bengali Language:hitwall: and the frontrunner is Sheikh Mujeeb:coffee: then 1952 riots again on language....

The point is when all other Pakistan fighting with refugees, kashmir war & other stuff, Bengalis are busy in politicizing atmosphere due to thier very own demographic advantage. I'm not against promoting regional languages but demanding it too early and initially is the first and last mistake you people makes in the coffin of United Pakistan, making it the very first seed of mistrust between two wings.

i think i addressed this and good that you brought them up - beside all these, there were many Bengalis who could see through the Indian propaganda and were staunchly against these political extremes concocted by a handful of Bengalis. what the sane Bengalis needed was combined initiative with the West Pakistanis to counter the leftist propaganda and falsehoods. I hold the West Pakistanis responsible for not making the right alliances and then not being able to counter the very political excess that you just mentioned

seriously??? there were at least SEVEN main languages mister (excluding other languages)! the two largest language groups of the then Pakistan were Bengali and Punjabi!! it was never meant to be what the majority spoke! all this half-knowledge and then making judgement on what is "logical" and "legitimate" is just mind boggling. and then Pakistani government DID make a complete illogical decision in the 1956 constitution i.e. grant status of national language to a provincial language like Bengali together with a regional CROSS-PROVINCIAL language like Urdu. you don't think it was "illogical" to do that, when none of the other big provincial languages Punjabi, Sindhi, Pushto, Balouchi were given the same status??
you think it's simple? no it's complex, i'm baffled what makes people feed on political propaganda for that long!
many notable politicians were NOT urdu-speaking, mister. MA Jinnah was Gujurati speaking, Fazl ul Haq was Bengali speaking, and more. but what was wrong with giving a language that already existed as second language in Bengal throughout history a status so that it continued to function that way?? with all its history in Bengal, now Urdu is considered almost a foreign language in our Sonar Rupar BD. Happy?

ok i will arrange fish for you :lol: rona dhona bandh kar :D

@ " Are fish nahi, machli ! magar Armstrong tu machli khata nahi, firbi agar app ne khela dia tu kahe ga, machle se bo ai ".
@ " Armstrong, are bhai app hamarey ghar Q nahi ate ? Ham apko roti aur chane ki dal jarur khelayenge !"

Pakistan viewed as an enemy state, deeply hated & no future cooperation expected untill Pakistan officially apologizes. Even with an apology the relationship will never be warm. Never ever since most people extremely hate Pakistan but only when it comes to India v/s Pakistan cricket match 90% Bangladeshis support Pakistan Cricket Team due to Muslim brotherhood factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom