What's new

PM Nawaz inaugurates five CPEC projects in Gwadar

saiyan0321

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
The Prime Minister said he is very happy to see that Gwadar is transforming into an international city. He said Gwadar has the potential to become a world class sea port. He said it is a place which is not only important for Pakistan, but also for the region and the world. He said Gwadar which used to be most backward city of Pakistan is becoming most prosperous city of the region. He said that Gwadar seaport is nerve centre of China Pakistan Economic Corridor.

He said Gwadar is Balochistan and Balochistan is Gwadar and similarly Gwadar is Pakistan and Pakistan is Gwadar.

The Prime Minister pointed out that 300MW coal fired power plant is being built which will provide electricity to Gwadar and other parts of Balochistan. Likewise, he said desalination plant will provide clean drinking water to water to Gwadar and adjoining areas.

Nawaz Sharif said domestic and international flights will be operated from Gwadar international airport linking Gwadar to the world.

He said he is proud of Pakistan, China friendship and said it will be strengthened further. He said Pakistan and China is implementing joint venture in infrastructure, power, railways and other sectors including industrial zones and economic zones. He said through infrastructure projects, traffic from Gwadar will go to China and from China to Gwadar.

The Prime Minister said over ten thousand MW of electricity will be added to the national grid by the end of 2017 or in the beginning of 2018. He hoped that load shedding will end in 2018 in the country. He said work is continuing on different projects in full swing.

He directed the Gwadar Port Authority not to allow land encroachers to crop up in the area. He also directed the authority to follow the Master Plan of Gwadar City at all costs.

The Prime Minister as a result of operation against terrorists, terrorism is breathing its last. He said peace has also been established in Balochistan. He paid tribute to the armed forces, security agencies, police, administration and other institutions who sacrificed for peace in the country.

At the conclusion of the ceremony, MOUs on different projects were signed between Pakistan and Chinese authorities.

http://www.radio.gov.pk/01-Sep-2016...of-rupees-being-implemented-in-balochistan-pm

PM Nawaz inaugurates five CPEC projects in Gwadar
By News Desk
Published: September 1, 2016
Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif addressing a ceremony in Gwadar. SCREEN GRAB

Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on Thursday inaugurated five developmental projects at Gwadar in Balochistan.

“I agree with my minister Mir Hasil Bizenjo when he says that Gwadar is Balochistan and Balochistan is Gwadar. Gwadar is Pakistan and Pakistan is Gwadar,” PM Nawaz said while addressing a ceremony after unveiling the developmental projects.

The development projects include a free trade zone, business complex of Gwadar Port Authority, Pak-China Government Primary School Faqir Colony, Sawar and Shadikor dams and Gwadar University, according toRadio Pakistan.

Chinese team reviews Gwadar progress

“Gwadar port is not only important for Pakistan but for the whole region and for the whole world. When I came here in 1991 I was greatly disappointed after witnessing the poor conditions here but today I am very happy to see Gwadar becoming a prosperous city of Pakistan,” the premier said.

Earlier, the prime minister was given a detailed briefing about the development projects which are part of the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC), a multi-million dollar project launched jointly by China and Pakistan.

“The Gwadar airport will cost Rs29 billion while the Gwadar motorway will cost Rs150 billion which will be connected to the rest of the country,” the prime minister said, adding over 50,000 jobs will be created for which locals will be given first preference.

The premier also thanked the Chinese government for playing a substantial role in the development of Gwadar and other projects in the rest of the country.

We have come a very long way. Gwadar/CPEC remind me of JF-17. A project which started with small requirements, but transformed into something entirely different as we know it today. Gwadar/CPEC started out massively and will get even bigger in time.

Back
Top Bottom