What's new

PM leaves for UK and Belarus

BDforever

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina left Dhaka Thursday morning on an eight-day official visit to the United Kingdom and Belarus.

A Biman Bangladesh Airlines flight, carrying the PM and her entourage, departed from Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport at 9:40am.

The premier is expected to reach Heathrow Airport, London around 2:50pm (London time).

Ministers, advisers to the PM, senior party leaders, state ministers, and top civil and military officials saw Hasina off at the airport.

Bangladesh High Commissioner to the United Kingdom Mijarul Quayes will receive the PM at the Heathrow Airport.

Hasina will stay in London for four days before heading towards Belarus.

In London, she will have a meeting with British Foreign Minister William Haguelater in the day (July 4) at London Hilton Hotel where Hasina will stay during her visit.

On July 5, she will have a meeting with the Bangladesh community there.

The following day, the PM will give an interview to Belarusian Television at 10:00am.

She will have a breakfast meeting with peers and MPs on July 8.

Wrapping up her tour, Hasina will leave London for Belarus at about 3:00pm on July 8 and will arrive in capital Minsk on the same day.

Prime Minister of Belarus Mikhail V Myasnikovich and Bangladesh Ambassador to Belarus Dr Saiful Hoque will receive the premier at Minsk International Airport.

During her stay in Minsk, Hasina will have a meeting with Belarusian President Alexander Grigoryevich Lukashenko at his official residence on July 9.

On the same day, she will also have a bilateral meeting with Belarusian Prime Minister Mikhail V Myasnikovich at the House of Government.

After the bilateral talks and a signing ceremony, both the leaders will have a joint press briefing.

The Belarusian PM will host a banquet at the evening in honour of the Bangladesh premier at ‘Frunze 15’ residence.

On July 10, Hasina will visit Khatyn State Memorial Complex, place wraths and sign the visitor’s book.

She will attend a Business Council Meeting of Federation of Bangladesh Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FBCCI) and Belarus Chamber of Commerce and Industry (BelCCI) where she and her Belarusian counterpart will deliver speeches.

Later, she will visit Minsk Automobile Plant and Mink Milk Production Factory.

On July 11, the PM will leave Minsk for home and reach Dhaka on the same day.

source: PM leaves for UK | The Daily Star

The news is light on details of any interest..... Why is she going to Belorussia, what's at play here?

The news is light on details of any interest..... Why is she going to Belorussia, what's at play here?

it is not Belorussia , it is Belarus :angry: Belarus is going to be our future defence partner, recently Belarus passed bill about joint defence projects including producing new weapons and sharing technologies with Bangladesh. respect the partner :pissed:

In uk it is referred to as Belorussia and Belarus interchangebly . As I learned to call it Belorussia as per history lessons vis-a-vis the Russian revolution I guess I am more comfortable referring to it as Belorussia.

I was pointing out that obviously she is going there on back of the momentum created by belorussian parliamentary approval to develop military joint venturers..... What are the details? What ventures are being contemplated and what will be sighed..... Also the Belorussian I believe backed out on a deal to buy some fighters from Russia, I wonder if we are going to take the deal from them. Something's definately up. It's a closed country, BD PM would not be venturing there without purpose.

She is basically going for attending the marraige ceremony of her sister's daughter in UK. All this bilateral talks and signing ceremonies with UK and Belarusare are utter BS to justify it as a state visit. We all know how important family is for this two hags, dont we?

On a serious note, can we really buy cruise missiles? Cruise missiles would make a really nice addition specially range of over 500 km if we are not part of the MTCR.

MTCR's all good in my opinion.

C-802(short-range subsonic) is classified as a cruise missile.
Cruise missile - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We can develop our missile technology with other's help. However I doubt if Belarus has any significant technology of their own. But it's a start (if any).

I'd prefer to acquire and develop technology that'd help the to rise to the challenges of climate change and environmental issues for beginners. Especially in regards to water management.

Belarus offered to upgrade the
Bangladesh Air Force’s fleet of MiG-29 fighters to MiG-29BM standard, which
is similar to the MiG-29SMT but less
expensive.

What you say?:what:

Belarus offered to upgrade the
Bangladesh Air Force’s fleet of MiG-29 fighters to MiG-29BM standard, which
is similar to the MiG-29SMT but less
expensive.

What you say?:what:

lack some features, Mig-29BM is bomber with little air-air fighting capability, Mig-29SMT is a balanced fighter

Cockpit of Mig-29BM

56130_306760118_mig29bm-4.jpg

cockpit of Mig-29SMT

smt_cockpit.jpg

Back
Top Bottom