What's new

PM Hasina tours Tungiparha on rickshaw van with family

Rickshaw van driver who carried PM Hasina gets air force bakery job
Gopalganj Correspondent, bdnews24.com
Published: 2017-02-02 18:05:20.0 BdST Updated: 2017-02-02 18:05:20.0 BdST
  • PM-Rikshaw-Van_ed.jpg

Imam Sheikh, who carried Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina around her ancestral home of Tungiparha during a visit in Gopalganj, is now making deliveries for the air force bakery
Imam has got a temporary job as a ‘supplier’ and started working on Thursday, said Warrant Officer Abdul Hai, who is in charge Jessore air force base's Falcon Bakery.

“Imam will deliver our baked goods to the base and to 25-30 stores near Shaheen College,” he told bdnews24.com over phone. A permanent position in the air force is not available without a circular, he said.

Senior officials will ensure that Imam receives a permanent job once a circular is issued, he said.

On Jan 27, Hasina went around her ancestral village at Gopalganj's Tungiparha with her nephew Radwan Mujib Siddiq Bobby on Imam's rickshaw van.

A day later, a delegation from the Jessore Air Force base headed by Squadron Leader Harun-ur-Rashid went to Imam's home to tell him of the prime minister’s decision to offer him an ‘air force job’.

They also handed over Tk 40,000 for Imam's ailing father's treatment and for renovating his home. "I am a happy and a lucky man," is how Imam had reacted.

81_Imam+Sheik_29012017_0001.jpg

Tungiparha Upazila Chairman Gazi Gulam Mustafa and Tungiparha Press Club President BM Golam Quader were also present.

"The air force officers said they are recruiting Imam Sheikh, but his job role depending on his educational qualifications will be decided later," Quader later told bdnews24.com.

He added the air force officers informed them that the rickshaw van will be kept in a museum.

Imam's family said they were grateful to the prime minister.

"We will be ever grateful to the prime minister for what she has done for us," said Imam's mother Shahanur Begum.

Speaking to bdnews24.com on Thursday, Imam said he had got a temporary job at the air force bakery on Jan 31.

His job will be to deliver baked goods to various air force stores and collect the bills. His current salary is Tk 7,984 a month.

“I have begun work,” said Imam. “I am delighted to get this chance and I thank the prime minister.”

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom