What's new

Please streamline and simplify this Forum

TheCrazy

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I would say the number one problem with this place is how many different threads and sections there are.

This place needs to be streamlined, and if this were done it would be a great place to hang out. Right now its too convoluted and messy. So many different sections it ridiculous.

Just have a few sections. I would suggest three sections. World Affairs. Sports. And Off Topic which would be for movies and everything else. You could split it up in different ways.

But right now, trying to browse the message board is just a nightmare. If you fix it, people will spend far more time here.

I would say the number one problem with this place is how many different threads and sections there are.

This place needs to be streamlined, and if this were done it would be a great place to hang out. Right now its too convoluted and messy. So many different sections it ridiculous.

Just have a few sections. I would suggest three sections. World Affairs. Sports. And Off Topic which would be for movies and everything else. You could split it up in different ways.

But right now, trying to browse the message board is just a nightmare. If you fix it, people will spend far more time here.

fully agree with you .

This forum is simple to use and well organised into relevant sections, sub-sections and if you still can't find what you are looking for, why not use the "search" feature?

If you find Defence.pk difficult to navigate, good luck trying to find your way around World Defence Forum.

What you are looking for is clicking the Explore tab or click on Featured tab. Many sections are important to filter down to detail level.

What you are looking for is clicking the Explore tab or click on Featured tab. Many sections are important to filter down to detail level.

There is merit in the what the OP says.

We are missing active moderation as was there in the days gone by . You may like to dwell on this.

There is merit in the what the OP says.

We are missing active moderation as was there in the days gone by . You may like to dwell on this.
Aware of that. But moderation isn't candy that can be given out. Not everyone can moderate and be fair.

Why are many sections important to filter down to detail level? You can easily have it 1 place, and everyone will seem them more, and more easily. There are not that many users and topics here. Okay, lets start with the first section. Pakistan Defence and Military Forums.

You have
Pakistan Airforce
Pakistan Army
Pakistan Navy
Pakistan Strategic Forces
Pakistan Defensce & Industry
Pakistan's Internal Security

That is just ridiculous my friend. Do you honestly expect visiters to open every section? It could all be put under one section, Pakistan Military. Why on Earthy does it need to be subdivided like this? It doesn't make sense. You do not have enough users or enough topics to justify this. And even if you did it would still be a bad idea.

It just means, we are going to use your website less. No one is interested in going through so many sub divisions. Look at all the most popular message boards online. They are easy and simple to use.

Honestly, it should just be in 1 section. World Affairs. Have all politics and miliary topics, for all countries in 1 section. That way, when anyone visits they will see everything and they will be 10 times more likely to find an interesting topic.

I am only saying this, because i want to use this website more, but it is needlessly convoluted. It's only hurting this website and its potential viewers.

Why are many sections important to filter down to detail level? You can easily have it 1 place, and everyone will seem them more, and more easily. There are not that many users and topics here. Okay, lets start with the first section. Pakistan Defence and Military Forums.

You have
Pakistan Airforce
Pakistan Army
Pakistan Navy
Pakistan Strategic Forces
Pakistan Defensce & Industry
Pakistan's Internal Security

That is just ridiculous my friend. Do you honestly expect visiters to open every section? It could all be put under one section, Pakistan Military. Why on Earthy does it need to be subdivided like this? It doesn't make sense. You do not have enough users or enough topics to justify this. And even if you did it would still be a bad idea.

It just means, we are going to use your website less. No one is interested in going through so many sub divisions. Look at all the most popular message boards online. They are easy and simple to use.

Honestly, it should just be in 1 section. World Affairs. Have all politics and miliary topics, for all countries in 1 section. That way, when anyone visits they will see everything and they will be 10 times more likely to find an interesting topic.

I am only saying this, because i want to use this website more, but it is needlessly convoluted. It's only hurting this website and its potential viewers.
You can click on Pak Lat Replies after clicking on this page:
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/featured

Back
Top Bottom