What's new

Please name one weapon system made in India which is named from any other religion

Status
Not open for further replies.
AGNI
Agni - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Agni is a Hindu and Vedic deity.Agni is one of the most important of the Vedic gods. He is the god of fire and the acceptor of sacrifices. The sacrifices made to Agni go to the deities because Agni is a messenger from and to the other gods.
Agni, the Vedic god of fire who presides over the earth, has made the transition into the Hindu pantheon of gods, without losing his importance.

PRITHVI
Prithvi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Prithvi (Sanskrit: pṛthvī, also pṛthivī) is the Hindu earth and mother goddess. According to one tradition, she is the personification of the Earth, and to another its Mother.

AKASH
Akash Bhairav - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Akash Bhairav is a Hindu deity, worshipped in particular in Nepal. Considered the "god of the sky", several large temples in Kathmandu are dedicated to him

not to be mistaken.......these all names.....are "Forms of Energy"...i think everybody will agree on this........from whatever religion he/she may be....:)

indian system named on just indian religion if not than they put names of skies and etc but they never put names of any islamic and christian names on their system if they put indian religion names on ship they must put other religion names india is not a secular it is hindu country and it over and over again been proven in gujrat

indian system named on just indian religion if not than they put names of skies and etc but they never put names of any islamic and christian names on their system if they put indian religion names on ship they must put other religion names india is not a secular it is hindu country and it over and over again been proven in gujrat

Genius!! You are right. Kudos for figuring that out! India is just masquerading as a secular country while its really a Hindu country!
Apparently even with thousands of years of cultural heritage unique to the land and developing a unique set of languages and traditions, Indians still cannot figure out appropriate newer names to name their weapons which would reflect a bunch of newer religions and traditions! How very weird indeed! The ambiguity of the names of elements in Sanskrit is lost upon many!

dont be an idiot , Atleast we dont keep names of foreign rulers . Would you agree Pakistan is a state controlled by others :P

Seriously, can you not see that India has a better taste. Let us assume for a second that they are religious. If they are religious, they are not offensive like the names chosen by Pakistan. So what is the big deal?

our first nuke was called "Smiling Buddha"

what do you guys want.....
all our wepon systems are named after sanskrit words for nature
agni-fire
tejas-lighitining
prithvi -land ......etc

what do you guys want us to do? develop a missile and name it "allah"......lol...i think we should have one like that.....
that will make it fun in war scenario ......News Flash - NDTV :"India sends 'Allah' to destroy Pakistan"....BBC:India unleashes the power of ;Allah' on Pakistan....CNN: Pakistan does not have anything to counter India's 'Allah'

the funniest is surely North Korea's ----North Korea has "NO-DONG" lol

have you heard of ins kunjali ??? if not google it

No i have not but i googled it and this is the second thing down
In Hinduism,
Sūrya The term "Surya" also refers to the Sun, in general. Surya has hair and arms of gold. Surya drives through the heaven in his triumphal chariot harnessed by seven horses or one horse with seven heads , which represent the seven colours of the rainbow or the seven chakras. He presides over "Surya-waar" or Sunday.
In Hindu religious literature, Surya is notably mentioned as the visible form of God that one can see every day.

It seems to be another dual word that can represent a figure-god in the hindu faith or mean the sun.......thats the way it looks to me at the moment until you tell me better.

In Hindi if you want to say Earth you have to say "Prithvi".. now the context of our weapons are not based on Hindu gods but on the meaning which simply mean the elements.. which Hindus pray.

I believe the biggest issue is that the Hindu religion is intertwined with India's culture and history
So much so that its difficult to tell either apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom