What's new

PLAN Now China Navy

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
PLAN Now China Navy

China's People's Liquidation Army (PLA) quietly dropped the "People" off its name.

From MOD's own website, PLAN is now "CN". Ships will all be CNS "name"

Chinese navy ship (CNS) Zhenghe entered the Bangkok Port on Monday morning, starting its four-day official visit to the capital of Thailand.

While docking here, this ocean-going training vessel with 411 crew members will be open for the public on Nov. 11 and 12. Its staff will hold volleyball and push-and-pull matches with the Thai navy troops based at Bangkok, said Captain of the ship Fan Kuiju.

On the reception ceremony, Thai officials welcomed all the crew on Zhenghe and said the visit will definitely deepening the understanding between the people of China and Thailand.

China Defense Blog: Where is the "People" in the "People's Liquidation Army "?

Not only the Chinese Navy, but also the Air Force has dropped the 'People' off its name.

1ed836e6dc962f363dc34408e08b9b33.jpg

View attachment 1ab452876e002a7df08e672e995aadc3.jpg

See the newly painted J 10 fighter. Its China Air Force.

It's shows they want to develop their navy and air force seriously, before it was shadow of army.

BTW, they were never been "people's and liberation" it's good that they have dropped that from even in name.

It's shows they want to develop their navy and air force seriously, before it was shadow of army.

BTW, they were never been "people's and liberation" it's good that they have dropped that from even in name.
:what::what:

I hope you get timed out. Post reported for troll.

Hehe, well they used to be a liberation army mainly made up of civilians unlike the KMT's army which were more professionally trained and equipped, hence the awkward name "people's liberation army", lol... It sounds pretty lame, it's about time they change its naming a bit.

:what::what:

I hope you get timed out. Post reported for troll.

you are no one to talk to me like this also do whatever u like.

And it is not a troll but fact have u forgotten that at the 60th anniversary of CPC and military parade the local people of Beijing was not allowed to come out of their homes and they were not allowed to peek from their window.

So what type of people's republic celebrations is this if people can't take part and packed in houses.

This is a democratic forum not a prison so don't try to threaten me.

you are no one to talk to me like this also do whatever u like.

And it is not a troll but fact have u forgotten that at the 60th anniversary of CPC and military parade the local people of Beijing was not allowed to come out of their homes and they were not allowed to peek from their window.

So what type of people's republic celebrations is this if people can't take part and packed in houses.

This is a democratic forum not a prison so don't try to threaten me.
And who reported this news about chinese not allowed to peek and packed or whatever. ??

Anyway threat. If you can read i said "I HOPE" didn't said "I WILL" . But ....forget it.

And who reported this news about chinese not allowed to peek and packed or whatever. ??

Anyway threat. If you can read i said "I HOPE" didn't said "I WILL" . But ....forget it.

sir,

just take chill, we are friends

and why are we derailing this thread.

it's ok if u or me talk in lighter vain but we should stick to the topic

thanks

Hehe, well they used to be a liberation army mainly made up of civilians unlike the KMT's army which were more professionally trained and equipped, hence the awkward name "people's liberation army", lol... It sounds pretty lame, it's about time they change its naming a bit.

The name of PLA is pretty cool. it bears the name of glory.
There is no evidence at the point that its name will be changed.

PLA is definitely more professional than Nationalist Army.

Last edited:
i guess chances are PLA tend to use the English name of China AF, China N, China Army in the international occasions to dismiss foreigners' fear of "being liberated"

Guys, I speculate that the change of the name may have something to do with Taiwan, as PLA is KMT specific: to liberate people from the oppression of KMT counter-revolutionaries.

If “PL” is removed, brothers from Taiwan will feel more home, and they might want to merge the two armies…of course, in the long future.

After mainland and Taiwan are united, they might think of putting back "PL" to liberate ZN... who knows. :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom