What's new

Pinaka Missile successfully test-fired

Haan chacha, arjunk,teja, etc nazar atay haien.

Yes, that too; can't comment on 'etc.', gives away too much, but Tejas is now waiting for someone (NOT HAL) to productionise it. I know a little bit about it; it's quite a plane. Arjun, too. In both cases, it's slow R&d, impatient revision of specs and very poor public sector productionising and outright productivity and production capacity.

Be as sarcastic as you like, but keep in mind how these were developed, and where, and what that gives the developers in terms of confidence and peace of mind. Slow but steady......

Yes, that too; can't comment on 'etc.', gives away too much, but Tejas is now waiting for someone (NOT HAL) to productionise it. I know a little bit about it; it's quite a plane. Arjun, too. In both cases, it's slow R&d, impatient revision of specs and very poor public sector productionising and outright productivity and production capacity.

Be as sarcastic as you like, but keep in mind how these were developed, and where, and what that gives the developers in terms of confidence and peace of mind. Slow but steady......
Chacha ji, not relevant.. the output is still zero.

Decades and nothing to show.
:(

Trust me on this, sorting out a sleepy scientific lab, getting work out of politician lab heads, acquiring technology in the face of total bans by the western powers, getting a nerves-on-edge services partner to agree to hold specs still till the first delivery is over - these aren't easy. When we were doing glass cockpits for civilian aircraft under careful hand-holding by the French, very impatient fighter pilots - AVM and up and down - used to walk through our labs muttering about wasted effort. Now glass cockpits are easy-peasy.

There are so many other areas; I am already under notice to shut up, but if you read some Indian posts, you can read between the lines.

Back
Top Bottom