What's new

Pilot production of airborne BrahMos begins

Then it makes all the more sense to fit brahmos onto the Migs so that it can pack a deadly punch.

With modification like MKI, Mig-29 may be able to carry one Brahmos but as of now there is no plan. Mig-29 will carry new Kh-35 and Kh-31 missiles.

mate i agree that Brahmos has evolved beyond its anti-shipping role.
wat im saying is for land attack use MKI...but for operations in sea shouldn the Mig-29 K be used..as they r carrier launched.?

See if the enemy frigate/destroyer is abt 2500 km from Indian shores it makes more sense to use the Brahmos from a Mig 29K rather than a MKI for the range consideration and operational costs.

Nd if they can fit 3 Brahmos(claimed) onto a MKI they can atleast fit a Single Brahmos onto the Mig 29 s

Can't agree more on this...However with my limited knowledge i know that every MKI won't be fitted with Brahmos...There are modifications involved and only the latest order of 42 planes will have the ability to launch Brahmos....Remember these new 42 planes will not be assembled in HAL but in Russia.....Makes me believe that we do not have the necessary knowledge or capability to make this change all by ourself. In other words we need to take these fighters(MIG 29K) to Russia to make necessary changes... may be that's the reason ...

Actually its different -

Role of MKI with BRAHMOS will be tactical and strategic one , it will give an unbreakable lead to india to strike as Nuclear option in air.
Bcoz only Su30 can go deep inside Pakistan or China and strike the strategic asset .
Thats why very limited nos of MKI are upgraded.

Mig29 role in IN will be protection of surface fleet for any hostile asset whether ship or aircraft.

And look at the capability of KH31 on Mig29 - Its much more faster than Brahmos at 3.6 MACH, its skimming nature makes it more worth as anti-ship platform on MIG29 plus you get that at a mere cost of Brahmos .

Brahmos gives us clear edge at cost and will only be as tactical asset to deliver precise Nuclear blow and give decisive Punch.
Once we get KH-59 improved with sonic speed , no need for modifying Mig29 to get Brahmos .

MKI are our Nuclear deterrent and strike platform , Mig29 are not for that role.
Secondly weapon integration takes time , sometime years and only Manufacturer do so . In case of Brahmos modification are to be done in Firecontrol radar , software , HMS , and FCS . When you release such heavy missile you need better ares-dynamic aircraft to give necessary kinematic force to missile , and when suddenly such weight goes down FCS has to adjust suddenly . It req lot of modifications and testing , so why do it when you wont be using this aircraft for that role.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom