What's new

Pictures from Punjab.

Rawalpindi...

While roaming the streets of the old mohallah, one easily notices the Om symbols and the Jain greeting Jai Jinendra on many of the buildings.

Local resident Abdul Sattar, whose parents are from Ambala, recently furnished his old house.

To his surprise, he found out that Jai Jinendra was embossed right on the top of the gate. “I think that it’s our heritage and we should protect it,” he tells me.

The Jain greeting, *Jai Janendra*, written on the façade of a house. It is still preserved by residents out of respect for the heritage.

The Jain greeting, Jai Janendra, written on the façade of a house. It is still preserved by residents out of respect for the heritage.

I could see the Jain temple from Sujan Singh *haveli*. Hindu and Sikh families who have migrated still visit this neigbourhood.

I could see the Jain temple from Sujan Singh haveli. Hindu and Sikh families who have migrated still visit this neigbourhood.

He says that Sikh and Hindu families who migrated to India still visit the mohallah. “We sit in our house and cherish the times of our elders. They tell us about Ludhiana, Ambala and Delhi, and we show them the place their ancestors grew up in.”

1641398466423.png

The Fossils Gallery at Kallar Kahar Museum is the finest repository of millions years old fossils of animals & plants. The Salt Range of Pakistan is known as a unique field museum of paleontology & geology.

1641398536260.png

1641998055067.png

It had been snowing since last weekend at Fort Munroe, DG Khan. Travelers are requested to follow the travel advisory prior to traveling for the hill station. Contact at the below given numbers in any emergency, safe travels!

Snake in mountains
Fort Munroe just 3 hour drive from Multan |182 km| and Layyah |245 km|
Totally different terrain and cold weather, w
hat else do you need being in South Punjab?

1642369558639.png

1642436806548.png

Ancient Multan Fort, originally known as Katochgarh is attributed to have been built by the Katoch Dynasty.

It was built on the high mound to make it invincible. It has tomb of Shah Rukn-e-Alam, Dam Dama & Nigar Khana (art house) as inside attractions.

1644019238952.png

Aerial views of Chiniot depicting its beauty...

1644019264719.png

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom