What's new

Picture of the Day

A woman sits amidst the wreckage caused by a massive earthquake and ensuing tsunam, in Natori, northern Japan, in March 2011

powerful-photos-30.jpg

Greg Cook hugs his dog Coco after finding her inside his destroyed home in Alabama following the Tornado in March, 2012

powerful-photos-22.jpg

An image taken from Gunther von Hagens' Body Worlds exhibition. Von Hagen is the inventor of plastination, an anatomical technique that replaces water and fat with certain plastics, preserving specimens that do not smell or decay and retain most of their original properties.

1782162_10152304734287518_237828374_n.jpg

Amsterdam, February 25, 1941: In response to the deportation of Jews, the Dutch Communist Party called for a general strike and produced a flyer demanding their release. Joined by many other worker organizations, the strike spread like wildfire to the surrounding towns and villages in the Amsterdam region and throughout North Holland. Major factories, the transportation system, and most public services came to a standstill. The Germans brutally suppressed the strike after three days, but this far-reaching act of solidarity by the Dutch public remains a milestone for the courage and determination of the international left and antifascist movements. (Photo: First memorial day of the 1941 General Strike in 1946.)

1926899_808562212491717_53154893_n.jpg

Yeah sad news, I got to know about it yesterday.
@halupridol @Jayanta
Sad and yet I think it was not at all such a desperate situation for the person to go this extreme. In last decades people from all over the state have been pouring in Guwahati ,and have settled in land where they should n`t have.
The trees and animals from the hills have vanished and now even the wetlands are receeding due to illegal encroachments. I dislike congress govt but in this case they are not to be blamed but the mindless peasants under the leadership of Akhil Gogoi ,are responsible with their unreasonable demands for this tragic incident.

Back
Top Bottom