What's new

PHOTOS : Army, IAF & Pvt Copters In North India Flood Rescue

1.What's that?

2. Deploying resources is good, but what about the organization of work? People are already agitating against govt mismanagement and neglect.

BBC News - India floods death toll 'could rise to 1,000'

National Disaster Response force:

National Disaster Response Force - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

See pics:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...ces-police-ambulance-fire-30.html#post4398400

+ there'll always be some whining people- I'm sure you'd find that in EVERY single disaster ever. But in this case there is very little more the GoI could have done post disaster.

Thank god our jawan are there to help. God bless them.
@asad71 ... please take your hate to some other thread. This is time for all human beings to come together and not just a Nation. Thanks to Pakistani and other nationalities posters for their well wishes. My whole village (munsyari has been flooded and 3 adjoining villages have been submerged too. My mom side Barm is not doing to well as well.) Let's pray!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank god our jawan are there to help. God bless them.
@asad71 ... please take your hate to some other thread. This is time for all human beings to come together and not just a Nation. Thanks to Pakistani and other nationalities posters for their well wishes. My whole village (munsyari has been flooded and 3 adjoining villages have been submerged too. My mom side Barm is not doing to well as well.) Let's pray!

1. Indian military when pressed into service would do a swell job no doubt. But my point is elsewhere. It is about the national preparedness, organization and response which has been drilled.Your govt has always been lethargic and laid back in tackling these situations. India should learn from BD whose tackling of natural calamities have received praise globally.

2. Do you remember Bhopal chemical factory blast? 4 Madras was rushed to the sight without any briefing / preparation. The troops went in without gas masks. The unit was decimated with most troops boarded out for blindness and / or acute asthma.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Indian military when pressed into service would do a swell job no doubt. But my point is elsewhere. It is about the national preparedness, organization and response which has been drilled.Your govt has always been lethargic and laid back in tackling these situations. India should learn from BD whose tackling of natural calamities have received praise globally.

2. Do you remember Bhopal chemical factory blast? 4 Madras was rushed to the sight without any briefing / preparation. The troops went in without gas masks. The unit was decimated with most troops boarded out for blindness and / or acute asthma.
Lol, why are you bringing up 29 year old events as if nothing has changed? Did you look up the NDRF? This is exactly what you are saying India needs/doesn't have. This has only been around for a short while and is already well equipped and well trained and is now growing.

Comparing India to BD isn't going to flatter either side.

Well you can see in the pics that there is no road, no communication, etc etc. Govt was not prepared for a such large scale calamity. Govt, army,itbp doing their best to bring people back to safe places. Due to mountainous region even it is harder for army to maintain such a large scale op.

Yeah thats true and I accept. Fine now?

35 pictures to salute our brave heroes in Uttarakhand

In pics: 35 pictures to salute our brave heroes in Uttarakhand - daily.bhaskar.com

More:

image_20130624235701.jpg

vbk-24-chopper_1497423f.jpg

Fire fighters clearing water around parked relief helicopters after rains at Gauchar airbase near Dehradun on Monday.

613x.jpg

Indian workers offload wood, to be carried to Kedarnath by the Indian Air Force (IAF) for cremation preparations

One MI 17 crashed in Ghaurikund.News channels are reporting that. 5 airforce personnel and 3 pilgrims dead.RIP to those brave souls.:cry:

A few days old picture: C-130J being loaded with medical equipment at Hindon AFB before taking
off to Uttarakhand. A C-17A can be seen in the background.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom