What's new

PHOTO: First Modified EMB-145 Fuselage For India's AEW&C

CONNAN

Reaction score
Country
India
http://livefist.blogspot.com/2010/08/photo-first-modified-emb-145-fuselage.html

EMB.JPG

The fuselage of India's first Airborne Early Warning and Control (AEW&C) aircraft was completed on 22 March 2010 at Embraer's facility in Brazil, marking the beginning of the physical manufacture of the modified aircraft for India's AEW&C programme. Some of the folks in the photo include DRDO chief Dr VK Saraswat, IAF Deputy Chief Air Marshal NV Tyagi, DRDO CC R&D (Ae & SI) Dr Prahlada and CABS Director Dr S Christopher

In a few months, the first of three modified EMB-145 platforms will begin a routine of flight tests for basic performance and handling. This preliminary testing will be carried out in Brazil by Embraer and a team from the Indian Air Force's Aircraft & Systems Testing Establishment (ASTE) in association with Brazil's Agência Nacional de Aviação Civil and India's CEMILAC.

The first flight test aircraft, which is set to make its first flight later this year, will be integrated with a Dorsal Unit (DoU) containing dummy electronics, ECS, IFR, auxiliary power units, internal fuel tanks, SATCOMs and antennae. India's Centre for Airborne Systems (CABS) -- the laboratory spearheading the programme -- has already supplied Embraer with a dorsal unit (with dummy electronics) and a Ku-band SATCOM dome, while the Defence Avionics Research Establishment (DARE), CABS and the Defence Electronics Research Laboratory (DLRL) have shipped in antennae for ESM, CSM and U/VHF.

While the EMB-145 with the configuration above will undergo flight tests in Brazil, the configuration for ferry to India in August 2011 will be the aircraft with only the dorsal pylon (minus the unit), ECS, IFR, APUs and internal fuel tanks.

Once the first aircraft reaches India, it will undergo a rigorous flight testing schedule by CABS, ASTE and CEMILAC in association with Embraer. After a few flights in India, the aircraft will be integrated with a dorsal unit with real electronics and other mission system equipment, including operator workstations (five), avionics racks, rest crew seating, seats and cabling.

So is this aircraft to be fitted with an Indian made radar and avionics?

So is this aircraft to be fitted with an Indian made radar and avionics?

Its just the fuselage...A/C is being assembled...but yes this would be one of the 6 a/c's (i believe) which would be used AWEC programe.

Its just the fuselage...A/C is being assembled...but yes this would be one of the 6 a/c's (i believe) which would be used AWEC programe.

Very gud news .... !!

But guys i have read somewhere that iaf has a requirement of20 more aew&c's apart from 4 on order of this type(ie indian aew&c not phalcon)....... I'll try to find that link..

This elegant beast will look something like this ..... :D

arbeit308021.gif

http://*****************/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/cabs-aewnc.jpg

Good to see, that they get things going! I guess they will supplement the A50 Phalcon fleet and I like to see closer relations to Brazil too.

Back
Top Bottom