What's new

Peru suspends Chinese Covid-19 Sinopharm vaccine trial over serious side effects [Guillain-Barre syndrome]

Hamartia Antidote

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United States

Peru has temporarily suspended clinical trials of a Covid vaccine made by Chinese drug giant Sinopharm after detecting neurological problems in one of its test volunteers.

The National Institute of Health said on Friday that it had decided to interrupt the trial after a volunteer had difficulty moving their arms, according to local media.

"Several days ago we signalled, as we are required, to the regulatory authorities that one of our participants (in trials) presented neurological symptoms which could correspond to a condition called Guillain-Barre syndrome," said chief researcher German Malaga in comments to the press.

Guillain-Barre syndrome is a rare and non-contagious disorder which affects the movement of the arms and legs.

Peru declared a temporary health emergency in five regions in June last year following multiple cases.

Last edited:
I have been saying this for long, covid vaccines be it Chinese, British, American or Indian is useless and waste of money as this whole covid thing is a scam. What if someone gets some type of cancer after taking these vaccines? You won't be able to sue the manufacturer as your country's health laws and policies are dictated by them. This is true for every country

This is just coincidently after the palsy episode with the Pfitzer vaccine. I remember right after Pfitzer announced their vaccine completion, they start using media to said someone died in Brazil which was later found to be unrelated.

Good. Peru is a very rich and developed nation. They can opt for Pfizer or Moderna vaccine which is available and very cheap.
:coffee: :sarcastic:
Now Sinopharm should focus its attention on the others down on the waiting list such as UAE, Bahrain, etc.

vaccine is not worth over side effect. I am in no hurry to get a Covid-19 vaccine

Back
Top Bottom