danish_vij

Reaction score
Country
India
i was browsing for FGFA and found something interesting on wikipedia
1.sukhoi t50 + FGFA are now jointly called PMF
2.india wil have only single seat fighers:undecided:

3.nd IAF will have only 144 fighters instead of 200 :undecided:
The Sukhoi/HAL Fifth Generation Fighter Aircraft (FGFA) is a fifth-generationfighter being developed by India and Russia. It is a derivative project from the PAK FA (T-50 is the prototype) being developed for the Indian Air Force. FGFA was the earlier designation for the Indian version, while the combined project is now called the Perspective Multi-Role Fighter (PMF)
The completed PMF will include a total of 43 improvements over the T-50, including stealth, supercruise, advanced sensors, networking and combat avionics.[5][6]

Two separate prototypes will be developed, one by Russia and a separate one by India. According to erstwhile HAL chairman A.K. Baweja (speaking shortly after the India-Russia Inter-Governmental Committee meeting on 18 September 2008), both the Russian and Indian versions of the aircraft will be single-seater.[7] The first aircraft will begin testing in India in 2014, with introduction into service expected by 2022.
General characteristics

• Crew: 1
  • Length: 19.8 m (65.9 ft)
  • Wingspan: 14 m (46.6 ft)
  • Height: 6.05 m (19.8 ft)
  • Wing area: 78.8 m2 (848.1 ft2)
  • Empty weight: 18,500 kg (40,785 lb)
  • Loaded weight: 29,772 kg[N 1] (65,636 lb)
  • Useful load: 7,500 kg (combat load) (16,534 lb)
  • Max. takeoff weight: 37,000 kg (81,570 lb)
  • Fuel capability: 10,300 kg (22,711 lb)
Sukhoi/HAL FGFA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
^^^wikipedia for FGFA
The completed joint Indian/Russian versions of the single-seat or two-seat FGFA will differ from the current T-50 flying prototypes in 43 ways with improvements to stealth, supercruise, sensors, networking, and combat avionics.[101]

Sukhoi director Mikhail Pogosyan has projected a market for 1,000 fighter aircraft over the next four decades, which will be produced in a joint venture with India, 200 each for Russia and India and 600 for other countries.[102] He has also said that the Indian contribution would be in the form of joint work under the current agreement rather than as a joint venture.[103] The Indian Air Forceis to receive 50 of the single-seat "Russian version" before receiving the two-seat FGFA.[104] However, the head of the Indian Air Force announced in October 2012 that the total number of FGFA for the IAF will only be 144, and made up exclusively of the single-seat version.[105] The current goal of the IAF is begin introduction of the FGFA in 2020.
Sukhoi PAK FA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
^^^wikipedia for sukhoi PAK-FA

did i miss something?:undecided:

Let's hope this is not the new bone we'r going to be chewing on for a decade or so. Modi'fication is required with a decision hammer.

Lets hope our defence minister is angutha chaap not an educated a$$hole unwilling to sign unless he sees something for himself in it.

whats the point of this article??
point of this thread is that we will have now only 144 FGFA fighers nd that too single seat varients!
this news was new to me so thought of sharing

Its just too early to say anything . Let first proto-type role out for us and then we migtht have clear understading .

point of this thread is that we will have now only 144 FGFA fighers nd that too single seat varients!
this news was new to me so thought of sharing

its cool but info is 1 year old at least.

in my opinion very stupid decision by the govt

Its just too early to say anything . Let first proto-type role out for us and then we migtht have clear understading .
there is nothing new that our version will have as far as external shape is concerned.

its cool but info is 1 year old at least.

in my opinion very stupid decision by the govt

there is nothing new that our version will have as far as external shape is concerned.
oh really i missed that......untill yesterday i used to think that wee wil have 150 2-seater nd 50 single seater.......
yea i guess this decision is taken due to less work share given to india.....

oh really i missed that......untill yesterday i used to think that wee wil have 150 2-seater nd 50 single seater.......
yea i guess this decision is taken due to less work share given to india.....

its not russia's fualt in my opinion.
we simply lack the tech that they have and HAL is too too slow.

sukhoi started rolling the pakfa protos in 2010 and already has 5 prototypes flying,equipment including the main aesa and side aesas are undergoing trials.they are gonna start producing the new engine and test in past 2016.

in the meanwhile we haven't even signed the contract??!!

its not russia's fualt in my opinion.
we simply lack the tech that they have and HAL is too too slow.

sukhoi started rolling the pakfa protos in 2010 and already has 5 prototypes flying,equipment including the main aesa and side aesas are undergoing trials.they are gonna start producing the new engine and test in past 2016.

in the meanwhile we haven't even signed the contract??!!
yeah! cant agree more.....
but i hae when they initially say 200 thn slide down to 144
i would have loved if the would have stated 100 initially nd then slide up to 144 :P

yeah! cant agree more.....
but i hae when they initially say 200 thn slide down to 144
i would have loved if the would have stated 100 initially nd then slide up to 144 :P

anyways now most probably double seat version is dead.
things will be clear only in 2015 when we receive our 1 st proto

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom