What's new

Perfect Protection of Otokar ARMA 6x6 were proved with trials in Turkey

cabatli_53

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
ARMA has been tested in accordnce with NATO standarts in Turkey.

otokar-1.jpg

The Shock absorbing seats have been designed by Otokar. It was proved in trials that New designed Seats protect the model against shock effects.

otokar-2.jpg

ARMA passed all exposion tests succesfully and proved its protection capability in all conditions in accordance with NATO standarts.

otokar-3.jpg

can u tell us about it armor strength? and if possible plz also inform about its range.

can u tell us about it armor strength? and if possible plz also inform about its range.

ARMA's protection level is kept secret so We do not know Which STANAG level protection ARMA provides for costumers...

Known specifications;

Weight 18,500 kg
Length 6.4 m
Width 2.7 m
Height 2.2 m
Crew 2+8
Suspension Hydropneumatic
Speed 105 km/h

arma_03.jpg
arma_01.jpg

ARMA 8x8 variant would be introduced by Otokar as well...

Armor protection should be 7.62 AP all round. That being said some areas maybe 14.5mm or that may be a armor upgrade option.

any variant of arma with anti tank missile launcher ?

nice..we will need this for public transportation soon in Pakistan!

nice..we will need this for public transportation soon in Pakistan!

Or maybe to patrol the streets, even during friday prayers. I really can't imagine what kind of people would hurt others during a friday prayer, especially if they're "muslims".

I am not an expert but the gun mounted on top is bullet resistant? If not, we could copy the idea from 'stealth fighters'--The gun should be placed inside and if required, it can pop up within seconds.

Even if the gun itself is bullet resistant, the idea looks good to me...

I am not an expert but the gun mounted on top is bullet resistant? If not, we could copy the idea from 'stealth fighters'--The gun should be placed inside and if required, it can pop up within seconds.

Even if the gun itself is bullet resistant, the idea looks good to me...

M2 Browning is a 50 caliber machine gun. The weapon itself is not bullet proof. However can be unmanned through Aselsans sensors for day/night operation.

There isn't really a point to hide the weapon. Because if you did you would need to wait for it to pop back up(in turn reducing your response time to the threat) and once it did it could get hit anyway.

This is also not a attack vehicle. It is a wheeled APC to transport troops safely across rugged terrain.

Armor protection should be 7.62 AP all round. That being said some areas maybe 14.5mm or that may be a armor upgrade option.

anti material rifle can penetrate this vehicle.i think its armor protection against 7.62 and some 12.7

anti material rifle can penetrate this vehicle.i think its armor protection against 7.62 and some 12.7

Anti material rifle if 20mm like the RT-20 can penetrate any modern APC even over their frontal arc so it doesn't really matter. Most likely protection will be inline with either STANAG 4569 II or III levels. The underside looks to have a good amount of ground clearance so i am inclined to go with level 3 as far as mine/ied protection in concerned. It is on par with modern APC so not really any issue there.

Back
Top Bottom