What's new

Pentagon grounds F-35 fleet after runway fire

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
131105110653-02-stealth-plane-story-top.jpg

Inspections of F-35 engines have been ordered after a recent runway fire at Eglin Air Force Base in Florida, the Pentagon says.
(CNN) -- The Pentagon has made the call to ground the F-35 fleet after a recent runway fire at Eglin Air Force Base in Florida.

Details on the fire, which occurred June 23, were not immediately available.

"The root cause of the incident remains under investigation. Additional inspections of F-35 engines have been ordered, and return to flight will be determined based on inspection results and analysis of engineering data," Pentagon spokesman Rear Adm. John Kirby said Thursday.
There is precedent for the move.

Last year, the U.S. military grounded the F-35 fighter jet because of a crack in an engine component that was discovered during a routine inspection in California.

CNN's Mike Mount contributed to this report.
Pentagon grounds F-35 fleet after runway fire - CNN.com
@Manticore @Aeronaut

American music sucks so bad these days. No wonder why Americans can't build anymore fighter jets like they used to in the 1950s to the early 1990s.

This project seems to be a conspiracy to me to bring USA on its Knees :suicide: **** man its becoming more expansive day by day ... They could ditch the shit and go with F-22 diet version :tsk: that bloody thing could cost them lesser and may be able to bring down the price of F-22 fighter jet. But point of no return been crossed well ago :mod:

When this thing is combat ready, all you haters will kick and scream when you detect these bad boys finally and its too late :D

These are some bad motherfuckers, albeit with hiccups.

well lots of countries are relaying on F-35 , they will surely get an heart attack :lol:

it will be the 8th time this aircraft has been grounded

and certainly not the last...........complex systems have complex problems. But one thing i can't fathom is that a professional firm like Lockheed Martin didn't see this coming. I mean, if they can't figure out, no body else in the world can.

American music sucks so bad these days. No wonder why Americans can't build anymore fighter jets like they used to in the 1950s to the early 1990s.
I take it you speak from extensive personal experience in aircraft design and manufacturing.

American F35's will be flying in UK air-shows next week. I can't wait....:usflag:

American F35's will be flying in UK air-shows next week. I can't wait....:usflag:

Why they fly F-35 at air show before IOC? Wouldn't that be a tad dangerous?

I take it you speak from extensive personal experience in aircraft design and manufacturing.

Personally I have none. But the US would pay trillions to hire the superb aerospace engineers it once had in the 1950s to the early 1990s.

well lots of countries are relaying on F-35 , they will surely get an heart attack :lol:

Not just relying, they've invested lots of dollas into the program. The program simply cannot be cancelled. They'll just have to bear the additional costs and delays.

Personally I have none. But the US would pay trillions to hire the superb aerospace engineers it once had in the 1950s to the early 1990s.

Are you saying they should work for free?

Are you saying they should work for free?

No, I'm saying the US no longer possesses quality aerospace engineers like it did in the 1950s to the early 1990s. F-22 was the last great American jet, and it's not even 10% as great as F-15 or F-4. The US has sucky music, sucky movies nowadays compared to its golden age of 1950s to early 1990s. No more quality aerospace engineers. Therefore no more great jets, no more great space exploration.

Back
Top Bottom