What's new

PCB fine cuts leave Shoaib with paltry income

fawwaxs

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD: Controversial fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar has been left with just 44,971 rupees in 2009 match fees after the Pakistan Cricket Board deducted an unpaid fine of 7 million rupees for comments he made about selectors.

Akhtar was given the fine and a five-year ban in April 2008 by a PCB tribunal for a disciplinary breach after he criticised Pakistan’s selectors.

Three months later, Lahore’s High Court suspended Akhtar’s ban but did not rule on the fine, which was confirmed by a PCB appellate tribunal.

Akhtar was due to earn 7,044,971 rupees from his central contract fee, match fees and win bonuses for January to November 2009.

But PCB spokesman Nadeem Sarwar said Monday that Akhtar had been sent a cheque for 44,971 rupees after deducting the fine. —AP

Its a Shame a player like Shoib Aktar who was a true fighter was never made a captain -

He had a great presence in locker room

I don't agree that his pay should have been cut , every one today says worse things about selectors

I think Shoib was the best candidate due to his fighting spirit ad that same spirit lacks in our cricket too bad he is out of touch now ... but Pakistani board has history of taking timid captains that declare on 900 runs, and can't chase 100 runs....

Last edited:
Shoaib was a bad influence and very ill discipline player ... All undisciplined players should be punished severely regardless of their star status !

Thats very sad, actually player like Afridi deserve more serious punishment than Akhtar. Akhtar no matter what, got fame for Pakistan. That's a big tragedy for Pakistan cricket. PCB has failed to handle the situation. :hitwall:

well i think shoaib made himself for this treatment since last 8 years contineously he played few matches and got unfit i dont know what is his prbleum and why pcb should pay him when he dont deliver what he has askedf for fitness and match perfomance i think he should be thankfull to pcb what he is getting while sitting at home

Optimistic Akhtar eyes Pakistan captaincy
ISLAMABAD: Controversial fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar wants to captain Pakistan in international cricket before retiring.

“I hope one day I will be given that chance before I retire as it’s still my dream to captain Pakistan,” Akhtar told website PakPassion.net - The Home of Pakistan Cricket on Thursday.

Akhtar lost nearly all his 2009 fees when the Pakistan Cricket Board deducted an unpaid fine of 7 million rupees ($81,400) for comments he made about selectors.

He was due to earn 7,044,971 rupees ($81,920) from his central contract fee, match fees and win bonuses for January to November 2009, but the PCB sent him a pay cheque of just 44,971 rupees ($525) in last December after deducting the fine.

“Captaining your country is the dream of every cricketer and I am no different,” Akhtar said.

“As a young boy when I first started playing cricket it was my dream to captain my country.”

Akhtar made two unimpressive comebacks to international cricket — against Sri Lanka and Australia in one-day internationals last year — before he was again sidelined due to fitness problems.

He is now leading his team Khan Research Laboratories in the domestic one-day tournament in a bid to regain his place in the national squad.

“My aim and goal is to win back my place in the Pakistan team and I strongly believe that I will be back.

“You know things change very quickly in Pakistan cricket and I’m confident that my chance will come again.

“I can’t say whether it will be the Twenty20 World Cup or later in the summer in England, but I believe my chance will come”.

Pakistan is due to play its ‘home’ series against Australia in England before taking on England in the four-test series this summer.

The injury-prone Akhtar has played just 46 test matches in a 12-year career, taking 178 wickets. In 144 ODIs he has 223 wickets.

I think Mohsin Khan should take a look at this bowler. Doesn't matter if he's not young anymore. As long as he perform he should be given chances.

Well now shoaib is 2 fat doesn't look fit at all seen him playing in domistic cricket...

but the main problem is PCB ppl like wasim bari who is ruining players like shoaib n system of cricket in pakistan he should be shot in the head as soon as possible

Back
Top Bottom