What's new

PARTNER SEARCHING STARTS FOR INDIA'S SOLAR POWERED UAV

Red.Indian

Reaction score
10 Dec, 2011, 02.21PM IST, PTI
BANGALORE: India is planning to develop a solar-powered Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) and scouting for a foreign partner for collaboration.
The proposed solar-based UAV would have much longer flight duration - as high as 15 days - compared to conventional UAV, according to sources in the Bangalore-based Aeronautical Development Establishment (ADE), a lab of the Defence Research and Development Organisation.

"We are looking for collaboration with a foreign partner to develop this UAV", an ADE official said.:buba_phone::cheers:

ADE has also developed Mini UAVs of two kg class, which is undergoing flight trials, and micro UAVs of 300 mm size. Both of these UAVs have been demonstrated to the users which included police from various states, paramilitary forces in addition to the three services. The orders in bulk are expected, sources said.

ADE has successfully developed Pilotless Target Aircraft Lakshya-I which can fly at a speed of 300 km/hr for 45 minutes. Three services have already placed order for more than 50 aircraft. Later, Lakshya-II was developed which flies at higher speed of 700 km/hr at altitudes as low as 25 metres with complete digital electronics. User trials were completed and this would be inducted shortly into the service.

Nishant UAV was developed with payload capacity of 60 kgs and endurance of four hours. This was accepted by the services, which have placed the orders for more than ten aircraft, the sources said.

"ADE has now developed modified and advanced Lakshya which has undergone trials with the users and we are working with the users for their applications," the official added.:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

India to develop solar-powered UAV, scouts for partner - The Economic Times

wow..another
MRCA like project....which will never happen.

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

india is good at buying imaginary super jets.....now building an imaginary super drone...

wow..another

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

india is good at buying imaginary super jets.....now building an imaginary super drone...

WHY MMRCA AND OTHER INDIAN PROJECTS BOTHER'S YOU SO MUCH...........................TAKE PATIENCE.....AND BE RELAX

wow..another

You dont really have to envy our growth. Take it easy. Try harder you may catch up in the next century of what we are today.

Indian companies failed to produce a good rifle, LCA tojos and arjun aside their future projects are amazing. one must admire the unique and high tech Indian projects like this solar powered UAV,laser weapon systems, Agni-VI, and how can we forget flying Maruti displayed during Aero India. :P

Flying-Car-from-India.jpg

Indian companies failed to produce a good rifle and LCA tojos and arjun aside their future projects are amazing. one must admire the unique and high tech Indian projects like this solar powered UAV,laser weapon systems, Agni-VI, and how can we forget flying Maruti displayed during Aero India. :P

Ur frustration is a cause for ur trolling..................mods will handle u as soon as possible..........

Indian companies failed to produce a good rifle and LCA tojos and arjun aside their future projects are amazing. one must admire the unique and high tech Indian projects like this solar powered UAV,laser weapon systems, Agni-VI, and how can we forget flying Maruti displayed during Aero India. :P

umirin' bro?

deleted.........................

^ See the difference between our 'flying Maruti' and their 'helicopter', is that the maruti is made by a bunch of guys as a pet project.

For the 'helicopter' it's a national, government funded project.

That's what is really funny :3

^ See the difference between our 'flying Maruti' and their 'helicopter', is that the maruti is made by a bunch of guys as a pet project.

For the 'helicopter' it's a national, government funded project.

That's what is really funny :3

That Gyro copter is designed by 3 engineers its not govt funded or defence related project.:lol:

i would but it,it means i can fly with my family, how much for that? :flame:

That Gyro copter is designed by 3 engineers its not govt funded or defence related project.:lol:

THEY HAVE MADE AN "GYROCOPTER" BY SPENDING 90 LAKHS.......WE CAN BUY SUCH GYROPTER FROM MARKET BY JUST PAYING $40000 (Rs ~20 lakhs):rofl:
Autogyro - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Over 1,000 autogyros(GYROCOPTERS) in the world are used by authorities for military and law enforcement.
Bensen_B-8M.jpg

A 1955 MODEL OF Bensen B-8 GYROCOPTER

MY BAD

I swear when I first read these forums I saw that it was govt funded.

MY BAD

I swear when I first read these forums I saw that it was govt funded.

DON'T BE ASHAMED IN FUTURE IT WOULD BE A PAK GOVT PROJECT........BUT PERSONALLY I DON'T THINK THAT PAK GOVT MAY SPEND ANY MONEY IN THAT PROJECT.............BCOZ PER PIECE IT HAS A WORTH OF 90LAKH BUT CAN BE EASILY PURCHASED AT A LOW PRICE OF 20 LAKH ONLY............THEN WHY WOULD PAK GOVT WILL PAY IN IT BY GETTING A LOSE OF 70 LAKHS PER PIECE..........it should be better for pak to invest these 70 lakhs in any flood effected area of pakistan.....instead of wasting it in such a crap project:cheers:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom