What's new

Pakistan's resistance to the Taliban

Mehmet

Reaction score
Just watched a news piece on Australian news in which Imran Khan will be calling on the international community to an end on the war on terror stating that "terror is not defeated with bombs but with the acquiring of the hearts and minds of the people and meeting their needs".

Imran Khan also states that given the situation in Egypt and the ousting of Tunisia's president and government that Pakistan could be the next majority Muslim country that may implode, due to the high unemployment in Pakistan.

In a joint announcement both Pakistan and Afghanistan have stated the intent to work together to counter the Taliban and that today is a new beginning in Pakistan and Afghanistan relations.

It seems to me that the Pakistan FM and Imran Khan have differing views on how to tackle and counter the Taliban. The Pakistan FM calls for cooperation with Afghanistan to combat and defeat the Taliban while Imran Khan calls for the support of Taliban and terror groups to be removed by providing directly for the needs of the people.

Note: I am not a cricket fan :eek: it should not be a surprise that my sporting interest is football (as I am Turkish) :D so I apologize in advance if I have spelled the name of the legendary Imran Khan wrong.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom